Husband hates crowds, should I be concerned?

bhcruise

We are sailing on the Gem on Friday for Spring Break. I understand this will be a very full cruise with lots and lots of children. We are bringing 2 of our own :) My question is what will the pool deck look like on sea days. Will we be able to swim and enjoy the pool or will the crowds be to heavy for that? Thanks for any advice or input. No matter what, we can't wait!!!!

Think about getting a spa pass for the two of you. Even though the spa itself will be crowded at times, it will definitely be more relaxed in there, and it is lovely. Another plus for escaping the crowds via the spa is that the spa is for adults only.

I am similar to your husband. The pool is a small area - I NEVER hang out at the pool because it is ALWAYS a mob scene except on winter cruises. Your husband will be happy if you have a balcony so he can go there and relax alone. The balcony is the perfect solution for him. He might also enjoy the spa. If you have a suite, so much the better as The Haven is very nice. But I think the balcony is the solution to your problem.

I'll let you in on a little secret:

Pretty much everyone hates crowds.

That's why I'm glad I'm December baby - worst time of the year to go cruise vacationing between Thanksgiving and Christmas but it weeds out the crowds. Not perfectly, but it helps. ;)

That's why I'm glad I'm December baby - worst time of the year to go cruise vacationing between Thanksgiving and Christmas but it weeds out the crowds. Not perfectly, but it helps. ;)

Plus one..less crowds better prices..

Jancruz1

Think about getting a spa pass for the two of you. Even though the spa itself will be crowded at times, it will definitely be more relaxed in there, and it is lovely. Another plus for escaping the crowds via the spa is that the spa is for adults only.

And what are they doing with their kids while relaxing:eek:

As for the pool deck, it will be full during the day hours. Perhaps juggle your dining hours a bit, as that's when the crowds thin out.

Plus one..less crowds better prices..

Jancruz1

I prepay months in advance - not risking the chance to not having a room on board. :p But I have to say NCL will give good deals when the price downs after payment deadline. :D

We are sailing on the Gem on Friday for Spring Break. I understand this will be a very full cruise with lots and lots of children. We are bringing 2 of our own :) My question is what will the pool deck look like on sea days. Will we be able to swim and enjoy the pool or will the crowds be to heavy for that? Thanks for any advice or input. No matter what, we can't wait!!!!

The pool deck is always crowded on sea days, even when the ships are relatively empty. As far as being able to swim, you will be able to get wet but there will not be any swimming (there never is the pool is too small) and enjoying the pool and the area is relative. I think it will be too crowded with too many little people running around to even consider the pool. Best bet will be to get a spa pass and enjoy those areas on sea days.

What pool ?

Pools on ships are for "taking a dip"...not for swimming. Even with no crowds, the pools aren't very big. 3 strokes....turn...3 strokes....turn....

That's what the port stops are for.[emoji16]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great responses! I definitely have a better idea of what to expect. I really just wanted to get an idea of whether or not we should plan family time at the pool. It sounds like maybe not.

SuiteTraveler - We are in a suite, but not a haven suite. I think we will spend a lot of time on the balcony :)

Pools on ships are for "taking a dip"...not for swimming. Even with no crowds, the pools aren't very big. 3 strokes....turn...3 strokes....turn....

Loved this, I will keep that in mind and save the laps for another day :D