Best Meal on Princess Cruises?

stARcruiser8816

Scallops appy, Black & Blue French Onion Soup, Surf & Turf (Filet Mignon and Lobster) with side of creamed spinach and the chocolate molten cake in the Crown Grill on the Crown Princess. My server, Michael was great! The whole experience was like being in a very high end restaurant. Well worth the $25.00 up charge.

Just came back last weekend on the Crown Princess. I enjoyed Sabatinis. The staff was outstanding and I think better then Crown Grill.

The server at Sabatini was extremely personable. Took his time going over the menu, making sure we were happy with out entree and selections. Offered him a sip of our wine which he was gracious to toast and enjoy with us. He not only enjoyed the wine but enjoyed talking about it with us.

At the Crown Grill on our 2nd visit, they might have been understaffed or she just couldn't multitask. I enjoyed the Crown Grill the first time but not the 2nd time. She would come up to us rushing, and huffing as if she was in a running contest.

3rd place goes to Botticelli Dining Room. The food was great, but the staff once again seems to be over worked. Servers can not provide a great service while running to different areas of the ship to get the food and drinks.

4th place. Horizon Court. Hard to navigate the salad bar. Didn't know they did specialty omelets till 4 days into the cruise. Layout could be improved but there is a lot of seating which is a good thing.

Any meal that I don't have to cook ... (sorry couldn't resist).

My husband is a major fan of escargot on the cruise. I've never tried it. I agree, food is subjective depending on someone's likes and dislikes.

My mom's favorite was the cold soups served on a cruise.

My sister's favorite was the seafood especially salmon.

Last cruise I had the BEST tempura veggies/shrimp served in the main dining room that I had ever eaten.

You are going to have so many choices and many favorites I'm sure.

Chef's dinner on the Ruby. We always wanted to try it, so on our TA on the Ruby we signed up for it and totally lucked out. Chef Alfredo was onboard and prepared the dinner himself. It was fantastic, like last meal of your life fantastic!

I still have a copy of the menu :)

Only downside, I can never make risotto at home again, try as I might it pales in the memory of the one made by Chef Alfredo.

The chefs menu (not chefs table) near the end of the cruise was my favorite until a few years ago. It was goat cheese soufflé, strawberry and thyme infused lemon sorbet, and rack of lamb. Now the goat cheese soufflé is the only part of it left because of Princess cuts. Every time I board a Princess ship now I expect that to disappear also. The rack of lamb is another one of those things that you have to go to the Crown Grill for now.

What is the best meal you've ever eaten on Princess Cruises?

That's a tough one. I always order anything lamb because they do a good job with it no matter the dish. I love the meat loaf on American night. Shrimp in all its forms. The avocado shrimp appetizer served at lunch. I could go on...

I have never had a bad meal at the Crown Grill. Looking forward to one or two very soon.:D

To quote MilliesMom... Any meal that I don't have to cook:D:D

If you cruise on a ship with a "full" Alfredo's, the food there is outstanding.:)

The chefs menu (not chefs table) near the end of the cruise was my favorite until a few years ago. It was goat cheese soufflé, strawberry and thyme infused lemon sorbet, and rack of lamb. Now the goat cheese soufflé is the only part of it left because of Princess cuts. Every time I board a Princess ship now I expect that to disappear also. The rack of lamb is another one of those things that you have to go to the Crown Grill for now.

Last year we had leg of lamb, rack of lamb and lamb shank. This year the latter is the only lamb on the menu.:(