Rhone Suggestions

Los_Pepes

Maybe Hosts need two screennames. One for host duties and one as just another poster.

I've thought about it, but there's a guideline against anyone having two accounts. "You are allowed one Cruise Critic user name per person."

Hi,

After culling all the helpful reviews on CC DH & I booked AMA Spain & Provence for Aug 2016. Looking for others on this cruise to exchange info etc.

Carole

We'll just miss you. We are doing the Sept. 12th on AMA. You'll have to keep us informed and pass any tips to us.

Jane

To Fran (and others who have commented on my post): I appreciate the thoughtfulness with which you post, and I agree that you are careful to explain the reasons for your conclusions. And I certainly do not deny anyone's experience as valid. My only point was that it seems to me that your AMA experience was unusual due to the turnover of waitstaff and the bad luck of a poor CD. If problems like these were turning up in other AMA reviews, that would be a big red flag. But since none of the other AMA reviews have mentioned these problems, I think they could be written off as anomalies -- and I assume that most veteran CC members have developed a similar internal filter. It is precisely about newbies that I am concerned, because we see how few people use the search function to get the entire picture -- a newbie reading this post might assume that it is more representative of the normal AMA experience than I think Fran intends to imply. My post was really only an attempt to provide "food for thought," but I realize that my "host" status makes it more than that -- for that I'm sorry. I really don't want to chill Fran or anyone from posting freely in this forum.

Host Jazz with all due respect I notice that you have been on a total of one River Cruise. Fran has been on several cruises on several different lines. I welcome her honest assessment and comparison on the different lines. It is newbies who rely on the host for allowing all opinions expressed. I have seen almost "bullying" behavior which was allowed here and on other boards on CC the host would have stepped in to stop it instead of contributing to it. Hosts need to be neutral in their treatment of fellow posters whether you agree with the opinion or not.

We'll just miss you. We are doing the Sept. 12th on AMA. You'll have to keep us informed and pass any tips to us.

Jane

Will do. In the mean time If either one of us have tidbits to share lets do so

Happy Friday

Carole