SeaPass Cards

We're not even off the ship yet (Oasis), but we had a wonderful week!!

My biggest irritation this past week , however, has been with the sea pass cards and having to carry them with us everywhere, I've been on cruises before and I know this is the norm, but why hasn't RCCL come up with a better solution? I've stayed at resorts that use wristbands to unlock doors. This seems like the perfect solution to me. With the oasis being a "newer"ship, why wasn't this considered? When going to the pool in my bathing suit, or formal night dinner, or sightseeing on an island- we were always carrying it in our hands or pockets if we had them and asking each other if they had their pass and worried about losing it (didn't want to wear the gaudy lanyard). Also, several times we gave our cards to drink attendants and had to search them out to get them back after an extended amount of time so we could move on to our next activity.

To me , changing this program should be a big priority fix for the future!

We're not even off the ship yet (Oasis), but we had a wonderful week!!

My biggest irritation this past week , however, has been with the sea pass cards and having to carry them with us everywhere, I've been on cruises before and I know this is the norm, but why hasn't RCCL come up with a better solution? I've stayed at resorts that use wristbands to unlock doors. This seems like the perfect solution to me. With the oasis being a "newer"ship, why wasn't this considered? When going to the pool in my bathing suit, or formal night dinner, or sightseeing on an island- we were always carrying it in our hands or pockets if we had them and asking each other if they had their pass and worried about losing it (didn't want to wear the gaudy lanyard). Also, several times we gave our cards to drink attendants and had to search them out to get them back after an extended amount of time so we could move on to our next activity.

To me , changing this program should be a big priority fix for the future!

as the other poster mentioned, this is already changed in Anthem and Quantem of the seas..

also, carrying it your hand? none of you carry a wallet or bag coming off the ship? or a clutch etc on formal night?

It won't be long and people will get on here and tell us how they will not go on a ship that has wristbands. The bands will clash with the outfits they are wearing and how they cannot wear something on there wrist. (same folks that probably had one of the yellow "livestrong" bands, they just won't admit it now)

I think the bands are a great idea myself!

I have been to resorts that used wristbands.

I hated wearing them.

I dealt with it, but I hated it.

As to actually writing a post blasting a cruiseline for having these charge cards... really?

I have been to resorts that used wristbands.

I hated wearing them.

I dealt with it, but I hated it.

As to actually writing a post blasting a cruiseline for having these charge cards... really?

So true Garycarla! the wrist bands annoy me lol. I deal with it, but to be honest i don't mind carrying a card around. I mean.. OP started off saying they were having a wonderful time on vacation.. So for something as simple as having to carry your seapass card?

like complain much?

It won't be long and people will get on here and tell us how they will not go on a ship that has wristbands. The bands will clash with the outfits they are wearing and how they cannot wear something on there wrist. (same folks that probably had one of the yellow "livestrong" bands, they just won't admit it now)

This has been discussed extensively already when Disney came up with the wristbands and then when RCI followed on with the Quantum class ships.

Actually I´m in the camp of those hating the idea and I´m not going to wear a wristband. I do like the Cards and have no Problems carrying them and keeping track of them.

What are they doing on the Quantum class ships if they don't use the Sea Pass?

You can use either one. I didn't really mind the wrist band but DH never took his off of the stand. You can also fasten the wrist band around a strap or belt loop if you don't want to wear it.

You can use either one. I didn't really mind the wrist band but DH never took his off of the stand. You can also fasten the wrist band around a strap or belt loop if you don't want to wear it.

So you'll have a choice of either the card or a bracelet?

Except when getting on and off the ship or when I do a different activity I stopped carrying mine years ago.

I make my husband keep it on him:D

He has nice pockets.

Problem solved for us.

later

Me too Sue - problem solved :)

So you'll have a choice of either the card or a bracelet?

Yes, but in ports you MUST have your seapass ....the WOWbands do not have your name, ship or other info on them....you also must have the seapass card to exit the ship at the end of the cruise...

We had "magic" bands at Disney, we loved them!!! So easy. :) Too easy, we paid for everything with those things..food, drinks, toys! Awesome!!

I'm not bothered by using a card at all, but I do love the bands.

Edited by dreday3

I'd argue ithis one is the single most petty issue I've seen on any board here in CC and that includes DCL board who have severely pathologically petty people in it.

Sometimes it just seems like most of the issues on cruise critic are very nit picky......is this that big of an issue???

Except when getting on and off the ship or when I do a different activity I stopped carrying mine years ago.

I make my husband keep it on him:D

He has nice pockets.

Problem solved for us.

later

Ha! I do the same thing. A man always has a wallet on him. I don't carry a wallet on the weekends either. Let the husband work it out. I ust take a wristlet to work in case I need my debit card.

Google "spiral wrist key chain". Awesome $1 investment. The card was never in our way. Slip it off, hand it to the bartender. Problem solved!

Edited by SMN73

When poolside I have the plastic hard case they sell in the gift shop on a rope I attach it to my strap on the pool bag. I also have little card slip pouches with a clip hook haven't had any problems. I have seen the wristband used on quantum thought they were cool but I don't think I want to wear it all the time. I think the sea pass works well. Just my opinion [emoji267]

I've never found managing a seapass card while on a cruise to be an issue. Fortunately, RCI offers options for people who find this to be an issue. I choose ships that have Royal Promenades. I guess the OP needs to choose ships that offer wrist bands.