Chef's table for fish-a-tarians?

cvpends

The official line, which you will get if you are accepted is generally no. The reality is for minor requests they will try to accommodate. For example, my wife does not eat tomatoes, but the only dish with significant tomato content was the soup, so they substituted with one off the main menu the chef thought would pair well.

Now, at least on the Royal, the only item that would not probably meet your needs is 1/2 the entree, but that would be a significant piece of the meal. Edit to add - there are two meat appetizers as well, beef and duck/foie gras

On some of the other ships, meat is a bigger part of the menu.

If you are interested, tell them when you sign up of your preferences. If they cannot accommodate, you will not be selected.

Edited by Loonbeam

My DW is also a pescatarian.

We notified someone in charge of the dinner in advance and they prepared a special fish dish for her.

I do not know if they do this on every ship.

Thank you for this information . It answers my question! Do you or your DW remember who you notified? I.e ., what position they held? I am just not sure how to tell who to notify.

It would be the MD. If you tell them when you sign up, that info will be passed to the MD, who handles the selection, or you can follow up later.

Thank you for this information . It answers my question! Do you or your DW remember who you notified? I.e ., what position they held? I am just not sure how to tell who to notify.

DH is a pescatarian as well. We did the Chef's Table several years ago, when it was first offered. We didn't say anything about his not eating meat. DH was fine. There was so much food he definitely didn't leave hungry! And, at that time the menu had more fish than meat. Not sure of the menu these day but if you do a search, I bet you can find it.

It is up to the Maitre d' to decide. For our first CT, one participant was a vegetarian and they had alternative appetizers in the Galley portion and a vegetarian entrée in the DR. There have been posts that vegetarians were not accommodated at other CT's. Some CT entrées have meat and seafood but others are just meat.

I would love to try the chef's table but the only meat I eat is seafood. Will they be able to accommodate me, and when and how do I communicate my needs? This is Ruby Princess.

I am allergic to fish, but figured I would just not eat any course with fish. When the chef realized this, he had special items made for me for all courses. I was told to notify them in advance and accommodations would be made; I've done that for subsequent CT we have done and always been offered an alternative.