Final Four at sea?

4Lakes Lady

DH and I are avid basketball fans and season ticket holders for Wisconsin Basketball. We leave this Wednesday on the Riviera for the TA cruise. Is there any chance we will be able to see the Wisconsin/Kentucky game while on board?

This is a question that comes up regularly, depending on your sport. The last I recall was regarding the Super Bowl.

The answer is - maybe. It can depend on where you are which can affect how much it costs. When we were doing Auckland-Sydney in 2008 the ship ended up taping the Super Bowl and broadcasting it the next day on your room TV. I don't recall a "central" location.

Some people have occasionally reported having something like the Super Bowl aired on a big screen.

It may well depend on just how many passengers are just as interested as you are. How does college basketball stack up against pro football in terms of ratings? (I'm just asking, not asserting anything, because personally I don't much about either one!)

Good luck on seeing the games. It's just hard to know in advance. You might try asking Oceania or your TA ... probably more information there than here.

Mura

Since we will be in Bermuda on that evening, There is a Pub that can be walked too from the Ship, although the game will be late, Bermuda time.

4Lakes lady, we are also WI born and raised. Our last name is Frey.

DH and I are avid basketball fans and season ticket holders for Wisconsin Basketball. We leave this Wednesday on the Riviera for the TA cruise. Is there any chance we will be able to see the Wisconsin/Kentucky game while on board?

is right there with you!! Look for us at the M&G!! I'll have to check to see if he is "for" Wisconsin"?? :confused: He's the B-ball fan...not me!! LuAnn

Since we will be in Bermuda on that evening, There is a Pub that can be walked too from the Ship, although the game will be late, Bermuda time.

4Lakes lady, we are also WI born and raised. Our last name is Frey.

What time would that be do you think?? And the name of the Pub??? See you on board!! LuAnn

They did show the games on the Riviera this past weekend on ESPN. That channel only worked for the games - after the games were over, that channel was blacked out -i.e. they must have paid just to show the games.

That was in the Caribbean - it may or may not be the same in the Atlantic but I would imagine that they will show those games (here is hoping for showing the games and for a Big 10 final :D)

Edited by Paulchili

Forgive me if I'm talking nonsense as I know nothing whatsoever about basketball, but if NCCA MARCH MADNESS PROGRAMMING means anything to you I can tell you that on Insignia right now in SE Asia it appears in "Currents" everyday.

Today's games are Louisville vs. Michigan State & Duke vs. Gonzaga and it's on Channel 34, broadcast by ESPN, throughout the tournament.

Is that any help?