Drink price increase?

It's actually Hong Kong to Brisbane, for the start of the Legend's summer down under, so I was very surprised to find the cheap rate. For the cruise prior, Singers to Honkers, the rate is A$54/day which is still a bargain when compared to the full price of A$98/day.

Don't get too carried away - on our Rhapsody cruise last month the Ultimate package was US $67 inclusive of the 18% service charge.

The cruise Oxymoron is going on is around Asia. There has been some discussion on the Aus/NZ boards about very cheap package prices on Asian cruise but not, unfortunately, on the Aussie based ones like the one we went on.

That's OK. I still love Australia though. Have gone to great lengths to see the TV show 'The Block' in my neck of the woods (long way from Australia) and fawn over how orderly everything is there.

We fly over to NYC in order to even get on a cruise ship, why not extend and go to Hong Kong I am thinking now. Maybe the cheap asian cruise prices will make up for some of the overhead on the airfare?

About the increase in drink prices; If one does not drink like Ernest Hemingway, the royal replenish + alcohol pay as you go is probably the best solution for your wallet as well as your liver.

But but but, thats what you would pay at a local bar! :rolleyes:

Yes its beyond ridiculous and about 3X what it would cost me at any local establishment i would frequent.

1) No it isn't

2) Thats about right for me also.

They are pushing the All Inclusive over here in Europe so I guess they are trying it on over there as well.

Stuff it and binge drink whilst ashore :D

Question regarding gratuities on alcoholic drinks .... if gratuities are already prepaid, will we still be charged 18% on them? And how is it known that we have already prepaid our $12/day per person?

Also if "drink of the day" is only $7.95, I'll learn to like them! I read somewhere that we can refuse the "souvenir glass" and save a few bucks... is that true??

Question regarding gratuities on alcoholic drinks .... if gratuities are already prepaid, will we still be charged 18% on them? And how is it known that we have already prepaid our $12/day per person?

Also if "drink of the day" is only $7.95, I'll learn to like them! I read somewhere that we can refuse the "souvenir glass" and save a few bucks... is that true??

Prepaid gratuities cover your stateroom attendant and helpers, and your dining staff. They do not cover bar drinks, so you will be charged 18% on drinks and drink packages.

You can no longer get a discount for option out of the souvenir glass, same price with or without.

If you've bought a drinks package or got it free as we did, the gratuities have been included as part of your package and you pay nothing at the bars, unless you order something that's not part of your package that is. The details are either preloaded on to your Seapass card or a sticker is placed on it when you're issued with it. If you're given a paper receipt when you 'buy' a drink at a bar it will just show 0.00. All details of what you have prepaid or not prepaid are stored electronically by RCI's system.

Yes, you can save a few $ by asking for an ordinary glass.

Back in February all drinks of the day on Independence were $10.00 + 18%.

Just thought I'd add - if you don't have a drink package be sure to keep up with the Drink of the Day. I ordered a pina colada - $14. Then noticed the DotD was a pina colada in a coconut - $10. I should have ordered that and looked like a fool walking around with my coconut - probably held more too.