Drink price increase?

How much is a drink package and what all does it include? ( I like Diet Coke, wine and frozen cocktails)

Would depend on which package you purchase. There are several options and would also depend on how many drinks per day you consume on whether or not it's worth it.

Thank you! It looks like it would be worth it for us since we would buy the soda package anyway and it's only an extra $30 a day...between the frozen cocktails by the pool and the wine with dinner, might as well go for it although we aren't big drinkers.

Edited by TJV123

Disappointed to hear of the big jump in drink prices. Hubby and I just like a drink with dinner and maybe one or two in the bar afterwards so not really worth the drink package. Booked Allure in May so be interesting to see what our total bar bill will be

Here's a question, sort of off subject but not really. Can the drink packages be purchased for just one day of the cruise? We are planning on buying it on board for just our "at Sea" day. (Our travel agent said this is possible but now I am wondering) I don't plan on drinking much the other days so this would be awesome if it is possible!

Here's a question, sort of off subject but not really. Can the drink packages be purchased for just one day of the cruise? We are planning on buying it on board for just our "at Sea" day. (Our travel agent said this is possible but now I am wondering) I don't plan on drinking much the other days so this would be awesome if it is possible!

Not on Royal Caribbean. You can choose to not buy it on the first day or beforehand, but if you do buy it, there has to be at least 4 days remaining in the cruise. Bottom line is that you have to pay for a MINIMUM of 4 days - but you cannot pick and choose day by day. So for 4 days, you would basically be spending at least $240 per person for the package. It would be up to you to decide if you drink that much during your sea days.

Well it may not be much, but I usually only have 3 or 4 in a week anyway, as I just do not drink much alcohol. However, even with so few purchases I cannot see spending $14 on a pina colada, that I will likely not finish. The drink is simply not that valuable.

On our first 9 day cruise we each purchased a lot of pina colada's. They were sooo good that we kept on ordering them! We were looking forward to doing the same on the cruise we just had but the prices had risen so much that we only bought 3 drinks in the 12 days we were on the ship. The rest of the time we just drank water. US$14 a drink is too expensive! Especially when we have to convert that price back to Aussie dollars!

An Ultimate drink package on our upcoming 18 night Legend OTS cruise is only AUD$28 or US$21 per day including grat. Too good to say no to.

The refresh and replenish packs are excellent value too. Someone suggested the prices were so cheap because its an Asian cruise and they tend to gamble more than drink. Whatever the reason it is a win for us though.

UltimatePack_zpsrlbtqeyh.jpg

Thank you! It looks like it would be worth it for us since we would buy the soda package anyway and it's only an extra $30 a day...between the frozen cocktails by the pool and the wine with dinner, might as well go for it although we aren't big drinkers.

The $35 package does not include frozen cocktails, you need to get the premium or ultimate packages for that.

An Ultimate drink package on our upcoming 18 night Legend OTS cruise is only AUD$28 or US$21 per day including grat. Too good to say no to.

The refresh and replenish packs are excellent value too. Someone suggested the prices were so cheap because its an Asian cruise and they tend to gamble more than drink. Whatever the reason it is a win for us though.

Whoa Nelly, that's a price cut over 50% compared to the US cruises.

Sigh, another reason for me to loooove Australia:)

The $35 package does not include frozen cocktails, you need to get the premium or ultimate packages for that.

Yeah, I knew that. My mistake was thinking I needed to buy the $19 package to get my soda. Now that I realize it's only $6.50 for soda, we will just pay per drink for any alcohol.

After reading all these threads on drink prices we decided to buy the Premium Package for our Allure Mediterranean cruise. It came out to $63 pp per day. We figured we would break even at around 5-6 drinks per day. Plus we will get bottled water and soda.

With such a port intensive itinerary I'm not even sure we will get any real value out of buying the drink package. I just know I don't want to be signing any drink tabs for $30 for two drinks. This way it's paid. RCI probably likes it this way.

Not on Royal Caribbean. You can choose to not buy it on the first day or beforehand, but if you do buy it, there has to be at least 4 days remaining in the cruise. Bottom line is that you have to pay for a MINIMUM of 4 days - but you cannot pick and choose day by day. So for 4 days, you would basically be spending at least $240 per person for the package. It would be up to you to decide if you drink that much during your sea days.

Thanks for the info, this makes me sad but I guess now I know.

Whoa Nelly, that's a price cut over 50% compared to the US cruises.

Sigh, another reason for me to loooove Australia:)

Don't get too carried away - on our Rhapsody cruise last month the Ultimate package was US $67 inclusive of the 18% service charge.

The cruise Oxymoron is going on is around Asia. There has been some discussion on the Aus/NZ boards about very cheap package prices on Asian cruise but not, unfortunately, on the Aussie based ones like the one we went on.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

You did get a good deal! Did not realize that there were different prices for the drink packages on different itineraries. I guess RCCL makes adjustments where they do not sell many drinks.

Enjoy!

You did get a good deal! Did not realize that there were different prices for the drink packages on different itineraries. I guess RCCL makes adjustments where they do not sell many drinks.

Enjoy!

For our cruise last month, the Ultimate package was originally AU $84 including grats, then it jumped to AU $99 including grats two weeks before the departure date. We bought it onboard, after checking the drinks prices and wine lists, for US 67 including grats, roughly AU $85.

Although we did get our money's worth on the package, we did drink more than we normally would. Also a couple of the premiums wines by the glass that we wanted were not available which limited our selection so, in hindsight, we probably would not buy packages if we ever cruise with RCI again.