cost of land taxi from venice airport to ship

tartana

Just wondering if anyone knows the approximate cost of a land taxi from Venice airport to the ship (2 people with 2 suitcases). Also, does anyone know if Celebrity offers transportation and if it can be reserved in advance? I've checked the website and it says it's available but must be booked through travel agent? Thanks for any info :)

Last year we paid €39 for the two of us, and two cases, direct to the port. It was booked in advance with a company recommended on these boards, but sorry I can't remember the name! Was an excellent service. I can check back and find out who they were if you want to go down this route.

Easiest is taking a water taxi. Goes a couple times an hour and is cheap! Do a web search for Venice water taxis. Remember - no cars in most of Venice. water taxis go everywhere.

I respectfully disagree.

I have done both, and a land taxi will be close to the same price, quicker, and much easier, especially with luggage.

Also if it is hot outside, you have a 300 meter walk, plus wait outside for the boat.

No wait/long walk for a taxi. If you miss the boat, it is 30 minutes until the next one. If there is a long line, you may wait an hour.

Edited by Nachosdelux

No. A water taxi is the James Bond motor boat and costly.

The cheaper alternative is the Alilaguna boat. Not the ACTV vaporetto.

Alilaguna is 15 € each plus the people carrier which means lugging suitcases and a walk.

Never taken a taxi so can't aid you. Sorry.

Land taxi is easy and not expensive at all. We paid 25 Euros to get from the ship to Venice airport. ( 2 persons plus luggage). There were enogh taxis and the journey was fast and easy. Same way if you take the opposite direction from the airport to the port terminal.

I personally wouldn't bother with a water taxi or with shlepping my suitcases to the people mover etc. It's always nice of course to save a bit of money, but a cruise is costly enough, so a few Euros for a taxi don't really matter - especially with the Euro being so weak right now ;). Just a thought.

• 11 months later...
Just wondering if anyone knows the approximate cost of a land taxi from Venice airport to the ship (2 people with 2 suitcases). Also, does anyone know if Celebrity offers transportation and if it can be reserved in advance? I've checked the website and it says it's available but must be booked through travel agent? Thanks for any info :)

We pre-order transfer, it was fantastic idea (someone suggested it on CC board). I would rather use transfer or taxi than X transfer, cheaper and better flexibility

I respectfully disagree.

I have done both, and a land taxi will be close to the same price, quicker, and much easier, especially with luggage.

Also if it is hot outside, you have a 300 meter walk, plus wait outside for the boat.

No wait/long walk for a taxi. If you miss the boat, it is 30 minutes until the next one. If there is a long line, you may wait an hour.

You are right about the walk drawing luggage, but I seriously doubt if a taxi from the airport would cost as little as 14 euros.

We took a taxi from our hotel in Mestre (closer to the airport than Venice) to the airport and the driver took us on a long ride that cost 45 euros.

Last year we paid €39 for the two of us, and two cases, direct to the port. It was booked in advance with a company recommended on these boards, but sorry I can't remember the name! Was an excellent service. I can check back and find out who they were if you want to go down this route.

Here is the company that we used in Nov, I would highly recommend them. The website I posted is a middle man, but the driver showed up in a new Mercedes sedan, was at the airport with a sign with our name on it and took us right to the ship. Worth every Euro, ours was also 39 Euro.

I don't know why more people on CC haven't mentioned or used this company.

http://www.airport-transfers-direct.com/

Here is the company that we used in Nov, I would highly recommend them. The website I posted is a middle man, but the driver showed up in a new Mercedes sedan, was at the airport with a sign with our name on it and took us right to the ship. Worth every Euro, ours was also 39 Euro.

I don't know why more people on CC haven't mentioned or used this company.

http://www.airport-transfers-direct.com/

Thank you for this information