Group cruise info

lipets

Looking to book about 20-30 rooms for a group deal any idea out Tampa who would be my best bet?

Also do certain agency's had clout to get better group discounts than others.

Pm with any recommendations.

I called RC and not that much of deal there.

looking for about a 7 day cruise for our group.

You can start by contacting the group department of the cruise line(s) you are considering. Some cruise lines make things easy and will handle participant booking and payments. Others will not. For those, working through a TA is the best way to go.

When using a TA, don't forget that they have to be reasonably compensated for the work they are going to be doing. So I would not expect a great deal more than what the cruise line offers.

A number of TA regularly work with groups.

Organizing a group is a fair bit of work, even when a TA or cruise line is handling participant bookings and payments.

Group benefits are also dependent on the date of the cruise. During low seasons there might be lots of Amenity (group) Points available. Peak season there might not be any.

Looking to book about 20-30 rooms for a group deal any idea out Tampa who would be my best bet?

Also do certain agency's had clout to get better group discounts than others.

Pm with any recommendations.

I called RC and not that much of deal there.

looking for about a 7 day cruise for our group.

there are no real discounts since most cruise lines do not allow TAs to sell their cabins at a huge markdown.

any 'deals' you see have actually been when they take the group pricing *typically one free berth or cabin for every 8-10 sold* and they distribute that savings across the entire group. the larger online TAs do this. any parties/perks/freebies must be negotiated.

and the 'free' berth is almost always an inside cabin unless everyone books balconies and suites.

there are no real discounts since most cruise lines do not allow TAs to sell their cabins at a huge markdown.

any 'deals' you see have actually been when they take the group pricing *typically one free berth or cabin for every 8-10 sold* and they distribute that savings across the entire group. the larger online TAs do this. any parties/perks/freebies must be negotiated.

and the 'free' berth is almost always an inside cabin unless everyone books balconies and suites.

The free basic fare is, at least on three lines we priced, is the most frequently category booked by the group. We gave our group the choice of four categories . . . booking worked out 5,4,4,3. We got rebated two fares of the category that had 5 cabins booked. We had good rates in each category that were less than any advertised fare until after final payment.