Crown & Anchor Numbers and Celebrity cross over

Hi Everyone,

I have previously cruised on Celebrity ,just booked on Voyager of the Seas first time RCI. I have 2 questions .

I am sure I read somewhere that my Elite on Celebrity can give me Diamond with RCI.

But can I find it -NO ,can someone please suggest where to locate this information .

If this is the case , Who do I contact ? RCI,:confused:or Celebrity?

Cheers Deb

Just call RCI and have your Captains Club number to hand. I don't know how exactly they do it but they will be able to sort it out for you.

I only sail RCI but had my Captains Club set up incase I ended up choosing Celebrity. I just called them, gave them my Crown & Anchor number, they confirmed I was eligible from that and set it all up for me and gave me my Captains Club number which confirmed I was Elite.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

You must call RCI as the reciprocity is not automatic. Your Elite status will transfer to RCI Diamond. If you booked a balcony or better cabin, also ask that you receive the Diamond balcony discount, available on all sailings.

enjoy.

M

Call Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor at 1-800-526-9723 and they will assign you a member number.

I think the reciprocity is one of the greatest benefits of cruising within the RCI "family" of cruise lines.

I have gold status with Royal Caribbean and I have just booked another cruise for 2016 with them. I am select with Celebrity. Does this make me a higher level with Royal and if so what do I do to get that higher level? Thanks for any help.

I have gold status with Royal Caribbean and I have just booked another cruise for 2016 with them. I am select with Celebrity. Does this make me a higher level with Royal and if so what do I do to get that higher level? Thanks for any help.

You get the highest status you have on any RCI cruise line but to advance you have to sail on one line. If you are Diamond on RCCL you automatically get elite on Celebrity, but you wont advance beyond diamond or elite until you have the requisite number of cruise nights aboard the respective line.

I would call Royal Caribbean to see if they can confirm but as if you are Select with Celebrity, the equivalent level is Platinum with Royal Caribbean.

Call Royal's Crown & Anchor Society. They will make you Platinum on Royal. That will give you access to C&A balcony discounts, which you also must request if you want to apply the discount to any cruises you have booked on Royal.

I would call Royal Caribbean to see if they can confirm but as if you are Select with Celebrity, the equivalent level is Platinum with Royal Caribbean.

This is correct. You will have the elevated level on RCI to match the Celebrity level, but maintain your current number of RCI points. So you might be Platinum on RCI but only have 15 RCI points.

enjoy

m

Just as a tip to anyone doing this in reverse, Celebrity doesn't offer a balcony discount, but they DO have a category upgrade that I wasn't aware of until it was too late to apply it. I could have booked my chosen A1 cabin at the A2 rate and saved $100/person, but you have to request it at booking and I wasn't aware of it. The discount is good for a one-level upgrade within a category through Aqua Class (suites aren't included).

Just as a tip to anyone doing this in reverse, Celebrity doesn't offer a balcony discount, but they DO have a category upgrade that I wasn't aware of until it was too late to apply it. I could have booked my chosen A1 cabin at the A2 rate and saved $100/person, but you have to request it at booking and I wasn't aware of it. The discount is good for a one-level upgrade within a category through Aqua Class (suites aren't included).

That's what I've always done when I booked Celebrity. I think it's a decent perk.:)

It would be great to see full reciprocity across the lines within RCI. Having it where Pinnacle = Zenith, Diamond Plus = Elite Plus, etc. would encourage many more high level cruisers to try the other lines to see different ships and enjoy different itineraries. I don't think it would cost RCI anything and it would certainly minimize the top cruisers who stray outside the Royal family to see new ports, etc. It would be nice to see Mr. Bayley introduce this to the board, he would have first hand experience on what effect it may have on Celebrity and Royal. Think what effect it would have on top tier cruisers who have felt for years their benefits are gradually being eroded. There is no way this would not be viewed as a tremendous benefit to C & A and Captains Club members.

Call Royal's Crown & Anchor Society. They will make you Platinum on Royal. That will give you access to C&A balcony discounts, which you also must request if you want to apply the discount to any cruises you have booked on Royal.

Is there a vice/versa with Celebrity--if a Celebrity top tier can get a balcony discount on RCL, can a RCL top tier member get any discounts with Celebrity.

Clarification, what does a 1 category upgrade means. Meaning from what cabin can you upgrade.

In the Royal world, that would be like going from a D3 to a D2. Obviously different categories on Celebrity, but same concept.

In the Royal world, that would be like going from a D3 to a D2. Obviously different categories on Celebrity, but same concept.

I'm not that familiar with Celebrity, has anyone received an upgrade and does that mean as an example, from veranda to concierge?

I'm not that familiar with Celebrity, has anyone received an upgrade and does that mean as an example, from veranda to concierge?

No, that's called a "super" category upgrade. You would have to stay within the same basic category.

Upgrades as part of the loyalty benefits at time of booking could be a lot different than upgrades offered closer to sailing. As Bob said they are within the same category. A D3 to a D2 equivilant.