New 8-Day to Mexico

jamesnnb

Does anyone know what ship(s) for the selected 8-day cruises to Mexico? The 8th day being overnight at Cabo with a noon departure the next day. This is suppose to be in 2016. One out of San Francisco or just out of LA?

Does anyone know what ship(s) for the selected 8-day cruises to Mexico? The 8th day being overnight at Cabo with a noon departure the next day. This is suppose to be in 2016. One out of San Francisco or just out of LA?
It would have to be out of LA. A Mexican Riviera cruise out of SF would have to be a 9- or 10-day cruise due to the extra time needed to sail back to SF (against the California Current.)

And those two cruises have added Mazanillo rather than overnighting in Cabo.

Shocked to see cruise ships returning to Mazanillo. Cruise ships stopped going there in 2009 due to the violence in the country that made it unsafe for passengers.

Shocked to see cruise ships returning to Mazanillo. Cruise ships stopped going there in 2009 due to the violence in the country that made it unsafe for passengers.

You might be thinking of Mazatlan. That was a frequent port a few years ago that was dropped for safety reasons. Manzanillo is a rarely visited port and has been for a long time.

Jim

Princess is back to Mexico Big time! Only a couple of years ago it was hard to find a Princess cruise to Mexico period. I was checking the schedule for the season and found about four (total) 7 day Mexico cruises to chose from. And they overnighted in Cabo rather than go to Mazatlan.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

And the cruise ships have retuned to Mazatlan. We have been there twice on cruises in the last 10 months and all is well....one of our favorite ports.

I kind of like it too, especially that giant open-air market between the pier and downtown.

Jim

I kind of like it too, especially that giant open-air market between the pier and downtown.

Yes. That's the high point of the port for me. So much interesting stuff. I am so sorry ships no longer go to Acapulco. I'm glad I did all the Mexican ports before they became too dangerous.

You got the wrong port.

I did see some lines have added Acapulco. I can't remember which, but I know I saw it.

They wouldn't go there if it wasn't safe.

Only NCL's Norwegian Sun goes there on a regular basis (roundtrip San Diego).

A number of other ships stop there when relocating from the East Coast to Alaska or on normal Panama Canal trips.

Only NCL's Norwegian Sun goes there on a regular basis (roundtrip San Diego).

A number of other ships stop there when relocating from the East Coast to Alaska or on normal Panama Canal trips.

That might be the one. I was looking at that cruise. :)

Patti

I wish Princess would make a stop in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. Love that area!

The only thing I know about Zihuatanejo is that is where Andy Dufresne told Red he was going to go after he escaped in The Shawshank Redemption. :)

I wish Princess would make a stop in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. Love that area!

Carnival is.

13 day January 2016. Cabo, La Paz, Zihuatenejo, Mazatlan, Manzanillo, and PV Same type of pax as on a similar Princess cruise. We've done the 9&10 day MR cruises on Princess.

Carnival is.

13 day January 2016. Cabo, La Paz, Zihuatenejo, Mazatlan, Manzanillo, and PV Same type of pax as on a similar Princess cruise. We've done the 9&10 day MR cruises on Princess.

This sounds interesting. But what I'd really like to see is an itinerary out of L.A. (or maybe San Diego) that goes to Ixtapa/Z-town, Manzanillo and Acapulco. With the distance, it would probably have to be a 10-day.

People who cruise from the West Coast and/or vacation in Mexico have been to Cabo and PV so many times they need some fresh territory to get interested. At least I do. I like that some cruises are including La Paz and Loreto, just because it's something different, but I think Ixtapa, Manzanillo and Acapulco would offer a lot more in terms of beaches and attractions.

Jim

This sounds interesting. But what I'd really like to see is an itinerary out of L.A. (or maybe San Diego) that goes to Ixtapa/Z-town, Manzanillo and Acapulco. With the distance, it would probably have to be a 10-day.

People who cruise from the West Coast and/or vacation in Mexico have been to Cabo and PV so many times they need some fresh territory to get interested. At least I do. I like that some cruises are including La Paz and Loreto, just because it's something different, but I think Ixtapa, Manzanillo and Acapulco would offer a lot more in terms of beaches and attractions.

Jim

If I saw a cruise going to Ixtapa, Manzanillo and Acapulco I would jump on it. Getting a little tired of Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. They're all really nice, but something new would be appreciated.

If I saw a cruise going to Ixtapa, Manzanillo and Acapulco I would jump on it. Getting a little tired of Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. They're all really nice, but something new would be appreciated.

Yes! I'd book that cruise in a hot minute!