Next promotion

mnjcruiser

I called this week and was told that current promotion was going to be extended for another month (the choose between UDP, UBP, etc...)
Apparently every season is wave season now. NCL is going to become one of those products that no one ever buys unless they are offering a huge promotion or discount. Like those brands that only exist at outlet malls or on the home shopping channel.

I called this week and was told that current promotion was going to be extended for another month (the choose between UDP, UBP, etc...)

I wish they would do a different promotion. This one has been going on for months. Lower prices is what I want. All they did was just increase the price and offer packages I never use...it's time for a different special.

Edited by Siora7777

I wish they would do a different promotion. This one has been going on for months. Lower prices is what I want. All they did was just increase the price and offer packages I never use...it's time for a different special.

My preference would also be lower rates. We are not big drinkers and MDR is fine for us. What I love most about NCL and Freestyle. What some call nickel and dimming I call "I only want to pay for what I will receive". For people who want "all inclusive" current promo is great. For those who prefer an "a la carte" vacation not so much. Clearly this promotion is working and profitable since they keep extending.

We book insides for cheaper rates. We are sailing next month and might get another fcc. I wonder how long this current promo is going as it is not a good deal for those booking insides as someone else mentioned.

We book insides for cheaper rates. We are sailing next month and might get another fcc. I wonder how long this current promo is going as it is not a good deal for those booking insides as someone else mentioned.

OK, then enjoy your lower rate in an inside. That is a benefit too. Sometimes you have to give a little more to get a little more... With what you get in a promo these days it far exceeds the increase in price from I to O categories in most cases.

Without sounding rude or stupid, why would it be advertised as ending today if they are continuing this promo?

*Living large one week at a time*

Book any itinerary in an Oceanview or higher and choose from four amazing deals:

• FREE Ultimate Beverage Package

• FREE Ultimate Dining Package

• FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities

• FREE Shore Excursion Credit (New Addition!)

Or, get all four when booked in a Suite or The Haven!

Now, please stop sending me a bunch of reminders that the current promo is ending. :D

Don't hold your breath. Del Rio (Del Feeo) says he believes his customers value the "deal" -- I guess "deal" means a package-type inclusive purchase with the word "free" slapped all over it.

You're right, though... generally speaking, princes went up to accommodate the "free" deals. As you point out, if you don't drink or aren't really interested in specialty dining, these "deals" aren't so great compared to a few months ago.

... Now, please stop sending me a bunch of reminders that the current promo is ending.

:D

Your spam email filtering engine must be working better than mine, cause my missed today's newest on "Last Chance To Reserve Your Cruise With A Reduced Deposit!"

50% OFF Deposits! has been re-extended how many times since April 1st. 2015 - I can no longer count them single-handed :eek: One of our grand-nierce, a junior NCL "Latitudes" member since she was 18 months old will keep tabs with 10 fingers for now.

Edited by mking8288

Without sounding rude or stupid, why would it be advertised as ending today if they are continuing this promo?

*Living large one week at a time*

In a marketing world, creating a false sense of urgency can increase sales...

If people are given the perception that they might miss out on a great promotion... they tend to act quicker...

As a person who sails solo and largely in interiors and studios, this wave promotion has really prevented me from booking anything. I would really like it to end or include the studios or people who pay 200% for a cabin on the smaller ships.

Every time something is added to the WAVE promotion, those of us who do not get the WAVE promotion end up paying more. Bar prices have gone up on most drinks in the fleet now so if you don't have UDP you're paying more for not having it (almost forcing you to buy it). Prices have increased on the shore excursions now in advance of this new credit they're going to offer this month. These sales are not sales at all and someone has to pay for them.

The overall cruise fares are up for all categories except interiors. The price difference between interior and ocean views is astonishing so this WAVE sale you're paying for in the increased base price. Bring back the buy one get one free sale... now that was a sale! :D

As a person who sails solo and largely in interiors and studios, this wave promotion has really prevented me from booking anything. I would really like it to end or include the studios or people who pay 200% for a cabin on the smaller ships.

Every time something is added to the WAVE promotion, those of us who do not get the WAVE promotion end up paying more. Bar prices have gone up on most drinks in the fleet now so if you don't have UDP you're paying more for not having it (almost forcing you to buy it). Prices have increased on the shore excursions now in advance of this new credit they're going to offer this month. These sales are not sales at all and someone has to pay for them.

The overall cruise fares are up for all categories except interiors. The price difference between interior and ocean views is astonishing so this WAVE sale you're paying for in the increased base price. Bring back the buy one get one free sale... now that was a sale! :D

Maybe you sail at different times of the year than I do... but on my next cruise, leaving Nov. 1, 2015, the difference in price between Inside and Outside is exactly 90 dollars per person... Even if you had to pay as a single that would only be 180 dollars... and the UBP for ONE person is worth 450 dollars... so ... I'm not seeing the gripe... What is huge about 90 dollars per person between Inside and Outside categories? What is so astonishing? Incidentally... the insides are at 519 and Outsides 609... not exactly budget busters...

Edited by cliffd64

I ended up cancelling my Studio on Epics Sept trip back to UK and rebooking with the included UBP and OBC offer in a balcony grade as it ended up only £50 more for the balcony package than I would have paid once I bought the UBP in my studio. Such a pain!

Every once in a blue moon they have a no singles supplement wave sale. They had that this pass October on Getaway and Breakaway. There was a period of time where as a solo the studios were more expensive than getting a balcony to yourself. Heck I think when they were trying to sellout the ship on my sailing the M6 mini suite with large balcony was down to $1400 if you were sailing solo. Now that was a sale!

Edited by wichitastatecruiser

From the T&Cs

Shore Excursion Credit Offer: $75 credit per port, per stateroom. The $75 credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it. Limit 7 ports. Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports.

Also offered on the TA cruises with NO ports!