Internet package for two weeks

Trying a different tact here,

Anyone know what an all-inclusive Internet package is for a two week cruise? Thanks :-)

It's hard to say for sure since the prices seem to be a moving target. The latest I saw was a price of $10 per day on Liberty.

I know it varies by ship. I see that you are going to be on Jewel. I was just on Serenade [sister ship]. $10 got you 30 minutes.

I did not look for the unlimited plan. But, they advertised a 3 day unlimited special in the cruise compass for the last 3 days of the cruise of $159 [or maybe it was $179]. :eek:

The bigger ships have the new connectivity and the MUCH better rates.

Also, the internet was VERY slow.

Just got off Mariner, and the unlimited package for 8 days was I think $229? But then I got 10% off for being Gold? Or in a suite? My folio says $203.35. You can have two devices on at one time.

The wifi was SO SLOW. Like even worse than dial-up, if I can remember that far back. Kicked off every 15-20 minutes. DH is the IT consultant for a very exclusive company, and needed to do sensitive and urgent fixes on some security issue. He spent three hours trying to do something, because every time he tried to "send" it (I can't explain well), it would take too long to go through and then kick him off. He wanted to rip his hair out...but he's bald haha.

Likewise, I got kicked off constantly even just doing iMessages. Or checking our banking. I got locked out of the online login screen, because it took so long for the page to load that I thought I hadn't typed it in properly and typed it again. Three times.

I hear that the new ships have much better connection, though. I hope so!

I know it varies by ship. I see that you are going to be on Jewel. I was just on Serenade [sister ship]. $10 got you 30 minutes.

I did not look for the unlimited plan. But, they advertised a 3 day unlimited special in the cruise compass for the last 3 days of the cruise of $159 [or maybe it was $179]. :eek:

The bigger ships have the new connectivity and the MUCH better rates.

Also, the internet was VERY slow.

Slow Internet on board is very common aboard cruise ships. It's a satellite "pipe" shared with 1000s of passengers. Personally, I would not buy any package that's time limited, as opposed to bandwidth limited. It can be so slow, you'd be paying $10 to send a stupid email and a FB post, if you're paying for time :/

Edited by coldflame

The new ships are 10 a day unlimited. The oider ships still have the old system.

Just on the Quantum and it was 90 for 9 day cruise. And can say the best internet I ever had on a ship, it was as fast as my home internet.

Agree. I was on Quantum in January and was very pleased with the Internet connection. I was also lucky to get free internet on Quantum but would be willing to pay $10 a day in order to stay in touch with my family.

Just returned from a 16 day cruise on Voyager. Unlimited, after Diamond discount, was $270 for two devices. I can't remember the price for one device only.

Thanks, this is helpful. We'll expect it to be less than that then :-)

We were on Adventure in Sept in the Med, we were basically $7 per day for unlimited. The price depends where in the world you are. We had very fast connectivity, couldn't face time though.

Edited by krev

Does anyone know what the Diamond Plus discount would be on the unlimited package?

Thanks!

The terms seem to be changing now, so I'm not sure we have the latest info. The discount used to be a flat $30, but seems to be going up.

Does anyone know what the Diamond Plus discount would be on the unlimited package?

Thanks!

I can confirm after being on Allure last week, for D+ members the new internet perk reads:

2 Free Days of Internet usage or $59.90 off any Internet purchase. Valid for ONE device and two individual 24 consecutive hour sessions.

Anyone know how good the connectivity is on Liberty of the Seas?

Not sure what you mean my "connectivity". I could connect with good signal strength all over the ship. However, the internet was very slow, maybe double dial-up speed.

Edited by clarea