B of A Visa points-redemption

Are you trying to use your points to reduce the cruise fare? It depends on the billing cycle and final payment date but we have always tried to redeem our points within two weeks of final payment and they have been applied prior to final payment.

If you are redeeming for a cruise booked with the BOGOHO sale, you will not be able to use the free cruise voucher. However, I found out yesterday by researching the cruise critic forum-and was able to redeem 3 $500 vouchers worth 50,000 points a piece and 1 $15,000 voucher worth 15,000 points to get my cruise for almost free. It did cost me 165,000 points, so not as good as the 125,000 voucher, but in order to do the free one they did a mock repricing and it would have cost me something like $1,700 out of pocket, so it still was a much better deal in the long run. I called the redemption dept. and they put this thru. I am 2 weeks out for final payment, so they assured me the travel agent I used would receive this. Good luck!

I'm somewhat new to the B of A points system, I've had my card about 5 months. I have 12,425 points right now but have no idea (when the time comes) how to transfer these to (i'm assuming) onboard credit as there isn't that many points.

Any thoughts? Help a newbie.

Mary

I'm somewhat new to the B of A points system, I've had my card about 5 months. I have 12,425 points right now but have no idea (when the time comes) how to transfer these to (i'm assuming) onboard credit as there isn't that many points.

Any thoughts? Help a newbie.

Mary

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

If you are redeeming for a cruise booked with the BOGOHO sale, you will not be able to use the free cruise voucher. However, I found out yesterday by researching the cruise critic forum-and was able to redeem 3 $500 vouchers worth 50,000 points a piece and 1 $15,000 voucher worth 15,000 points to get my cruise for almost free. It did cost me 165,000 points, so not as good as the 125,000 voucher, but in order to do the free one they did a mock repricing and it would have cost me something like $1,700 out of pocket, so it still was a much better deal in the long run. I called the redemption dept. and they put this thru. I am 2 weeks out for final payment, so they assured me the travel agent I used would receive this. Good luck!

I meant 3 $500 vouchers worth 50,000 points and 1 $150 voucher worth $150,

so in other words $1650 in vouchers=165,000 points.

You got the best of both worlds....best price using BOGOHO and ability to use points...maybe not the least # of points but nevertheless points you earned. Not bad, in my view....I call it -- working the system or making the system work for you, either way....good.

DH & I each have RCI visas. 2 weeks ago, I tried to cash in 125,000 points for a free cruise with an OV room, however neither of us had enough points on our individual card, so I wasn't able to do it.

After a few phone calls, a rep from crown and anchor explained to me that if I cashed in 100,000 points for $1000 cruise credit, I would be able to get a D3 balcony for $32 plus taxes and port fees!!! And I got $100 OBC as well.

Sometimes the free cruise for 125,000 points isn't always the best option.

DH & I each have RCI visas. 2 weeks ago, I tried to cash in 125,000 points for a free cruise with an OV room, however neither of us had enough points on our individual card, so I wasn't able to do it.

After a few phone calls, a rep from crown and anchor explained to me that if I cashed in 100,000 points for $1000 cruise credit, I would be able to get a D3 balcony for $32 plus taxes and port fees!!! And I got $100 OBC as well.

Sometimes the free cruise for 125,000 points isn't always the best option.

As you have learned you can't combine the points from two accounts...but you can redeem multiple points and apply the redeemed value to a cruise as you have done.....working the system!

Hi there. I have about 113,000 points available. I have a family promenade booked for Liberty 10 night in July under the kids sail free promotion from last year. What would be my best option for maximizing my points?

Thanks.

I expect that you took advantage of the best pricing available, so then redeem 50,000 points twice for a $500 price reduction twice for a total to be deducted from cost of cruise of $1000. Then see about converting some to an OBC, if possible.

I doubt if much else can be done.

I expect that you took advantage of the best pricing available, so then redeem 50,000 points twice for a $500 price reduction twice for a total to be deducted from cost of cruise of $1000. Then see about converting some to an OBC, if possible.

That's what I would do. Then you can get $100 OBC with 10,000 points leaving you 3000 points left.

That's what I would do. Then you can get $100 OBC with 10,000 points leaving you 3000 points left.

Thank you both for the quick replies. I will look into this.

If only using points for OBC, how long before departure do we need to cash in? Trying for as much as possible to pay for the drink packages!

You must cash in refundable OBC on the last evening. This might vary slightly ship to ship. I was on one ship that allowed redemptions on the last afternoon. It's usually too late by departure morning.

Maybe I was unclear - when should I have points applied to my booking if only using them for OBC. We leave in August, can I wait until July?

Yes, I believe you can wait until 5 days before the cruise, but I'd give it a bit more time. I'd do it around two weeks before the cruise.

If only using points for OBC, how long before departure do we need to cash in? Trying for as much as possible to pay for the drink packages!

They say that you can do it as close to 2 weeks before departure. I just did mine 4 weeks out.

We are using 125000 points for $2500 off our 7night Caribbean cruise for 2 on Independence

OK, so please explain how you got $2500 off with 125000 points. I thought 125000 points was only worth $1250???

At one time 125000 was worth a free sailing for two (in a OV) and then you could upgrade to a balcony. But now with the BOGOHO sale, they won't let you do both.

Hate this sail. I have 125000 points I'm waiting to figure out how is best to use.