Just off the star princess-was great!

PoohUnderstands

Terry and Mark, did either of you take up the ukulele lessons and hula dancing. Last November's Hawaiian cruise, Dave Cole and Makani E had over 50 passengers playing the ukulele and 45 ladies with one guy dancing the hula in the Princess theater. That was a HOOT!

From your Princess Patters, can you give me the names of the following Ships Officer; Executives Chef, Customer Service Director(Purser), Hotel Manager, Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Housekeeper. I already have the Captains, Cruise Director, Maitre d', Senior Doctor and Captain Circle Host's names. I'll be sending them invitations to our Meet & Greet. I would like to have them ready, instead of writing them up after boarding the ship. Thanks.

We have booked this Hawaiian Cruise for October, out of San Francisco and expecting to see Makani E again. Kimo e-mailed before he left the ship, and that they were heading to SFO for a flight to Sydney for Sea Princess next cruise. We share a love for Hawaiian Grindz, especially Malasadas. Mahalo! Stan

I bet the guy dancing the hula had fun!

Edited by yukongold

great news ...thanks for posting!

Can you please comment on the bedding, the mattress and pillows? Most appreciated!

The mattress is what I would call softly firm. If you had a number bed, I would put it around 60 or so. The beds come with two firm pillows. I needed a third and it was perfect in that it was smaller and softer, less firm.

It comes with a duvet cover only. I don't like that. I like a sheet between me and the duvet cover. Just ask for one and the steward will gladly put one on your bed for you.

Hope this helps.

Terry

great news ...thanks for posting!

Can you please comment on the bedding, the mattress and pillows? Most appreciated!

Welcome back. Glad you had fun. I love the Star, and last time I was on her (last summer) I had a really comfortable bed and one pillow I liked. The others I gave to DH. :)

We sailed Star to Hawaii and, while we were on the Port side (:)) had a great cruise. Our only complaint was the CD. We had JJ Ulrich and there was almost zero Hawaiian influence. We could easily have been sailing to Cleveland (:eek:) for all the Hawaiian influence we saw or heard on the ship. Yes, I believe there were Lei making classes but I never saw or heard anything onboard to indicate we were sailing to Hawaii.

We sailed Star to Hawaii and, while we were on the Port side (:)) had a great cruise. Our only complaint was the CD. We had JJ Ulrich and there was almost zero Hawaiian influence. We could easily have been sailing to Cleveland (:eek:) for all the Hawaiian influence we saw or heard on the ship. Yes, I believe there were Lei making classes but I never saw or heard anything onboard to indicate we were sailing to Hawaii.

That would be fine with me. I know, hubby and I are probably the only people in the world who actually prefer to NOT have to listen to Hawaiian music all day throughout the ship. And he was born in Hawaii!! Perhaps because we have been dragged to so many Hawaiian shows throughout our marriage by his mother, who dances and plays the ukelele and now almost 90. After a while, it all sounds the same. I say this not to lessen the pleasure others have with the Hawaiian influence on the ships; it's just not for us. We cruised two years ago twice to Hawaii and we're going back again later this year. We love Hawaii, not so much its commercialized cultural aspects. We love the Aloha spirit!

Don't count on docking the same way. Most ports they can dock either way and depending if they need to do work on a side of the ship or check life boats ect. they will dock with the side to the dock.

The mattress is what I would call softly firm. If you had a number bed, I would put it around 60 or so. The beds come with two firm pillows. I needed a third and it was perfect in that it was smaller and softer, less firm.

It comes with a duvet cover only. I don't like that. I like a sheet between me and the duvet cover. Just ask for one and the steward will gladly put one on your bed for you.

Hope this helps.

Terry

Wow...thanks for the quick response. I am deciding on taking my own pillows or not. I am trying to pack in carry on luggage only as we may be taking the BART train at least one way. This helps me make my decision! thanks again!

Lol, how funny! We also sailed with JJ Ulrich on the Star and we thought it felt like the ship was going into dry-dock. Total disappointment!!

Aloha! I was on this cruise too! Great weather! Had a marvelous time! Really enjoyed the food, MDR, Horizon Court, and especially the International Cafe! "Good Morning Madame!" Enjoyed all the entertainment! Had an inside cabin on Aloha Deck which was beautifully maintained by our cabin steward Querivan! GREAT TIME had by all! Aloha

• 1 year later...
Thanks Terry, reason is this morning I get a email from Princess Group Onboard Service Coordinator stating they no longer get the Onboard Staff Rotational List to give out. I like to have them printed out before boarding this Sunday. I do not write or print well. Do you plan on writing a review? I would love to read it. Again Thanks. Stan

I hope your not on the Star Princess this weekend because you'll miss the ship if you try to board on Sunday. The ship leaves Vancouver on Saturday. :)

I hope your not on the Star Princess this weekend because you'll miss the ship if you try to board on Sunday. The ship leaves Vancouver on Saturday. :)

Note: this thread is from 2015. Gimer posted their "sailing this Sunday" in April 2015. This thread was awoken more than a year later, with somewhat unrelated posts regarding two CC members meeting up..

Terry, Thank you so very much for posting the Ship's Officers names. Like you said, there would be some changes and Captain Nash is replaced with Captain Stefano Ravera. I guess I'll just give blank invitations for the Purser to pass out. Great information and I'm glad you had a wonderful cruise. Again Thanks. Stan

stefano is one of my favourite captains does he still do the walk around

We are cruising to Hawaii in November on the star. We've never cruised princess before but are seasoned cruisers. Super excited. And Star specific information or princess information for this cruise would be greatly appreciated. Food and activities are of interest to me. Thanks a million.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are just off of the Star Princess -5-14-16 from a wonderful 15 Day Hawaiian cruise. Yes there was a small bout of Noro going around, limited to 27 at the worst. So no big deal when you consider we had over 2,700 passengers and 1,300 crew on-board.

Would sail the Star in a heart beat. Review to come later.

Just Mike

• 4 weeks later...

We were also on the Hawaiian cruise return from Vancouver. Captain Riveria was doing his walks around. We saw him numerous times. One day he sat with some people in the international cafe and told them his whole life story. Lol

• 1 month later...
We just finished the 15 day Hawaiian Itinerary RT from San Francisco. We lucked out with fantastic weather the entire cruise (the one before us was not as lucky unfortunately).

Any questions, just ask. One thing I don't remember seeing. If you do this itinerary and they dock the same places (and they should), definitely want a starboard side balcony/mini, etc.

Now to dieting!!!!!

Pooh

It's my understanding (from Princess) that the Promenade deck Starboard is the smoking side. Is this correct?

It's my understanding (from Princess) that the Promenade deck Starboard is the smoking side. Is this correct?

Yes. But not the whole promenade. Only the aft area. There's a wall mounted ashtray to help figure out where it is.

Just hold your breath as you walk by (if you're a non-smoker).

We just finished the 15 day Hawaiian Itinerary RT from San Francisco. We lucked out with fantastic weather the entire cruise (the one before us was not as lucky unfortunately).

Any questions, just ask. One thing I don't remember seeing. If you do this itinerary and they dock the same places (and they should), definitely want a starboard side balcony/mini, etc.

Now to dieting!!!!!

Pooh

Glad you enjoyed it.