Just off the star princess-was great!

PoohUnderstands

We just finished the 15 day Hawaiian Itinerary RT from San Francisco. We lucked out with fantastic weather the entire cruise (the one before us was not as lucky unfortunately).

Any questions, just ask. One thing I don't remember seeing. If you do this itinerary and they dock the same places (and they should), definitely want a starboard side balcony/mini, etc.

Now to dieting!!!!!

Pooh

Hi Pooh

That was pretty tough getting off this morning. I could have done a back to back easily. Nice to meet you at the meet and greet onboard. Happy sailing!

Mark

We had alittle delay getting off due to a lift being inoperative, but finally off. Raining got us alittle but by the time we took off around 2PM, it was sunny at the airport and 71 degrees and sunny in Denver when we got home! Glad we got to meet you and other roll call members. Hope you guys get some more much needed rain.

Terry

Terry and Mark, did either of you take up the ukulele lessons and hula dancing. Last November's Hawaiian cruise, Dave Cole and Makani E had over 50 passengers playing the ukulele and 45 ladies with one guy dancing the hula in the Princess theater. That was a HOOT!

From your Princess Patters, can you give me the names of the following Ships Officer; Executives Chef, Customer Service Director(Purser), Hotel Manager, Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Housekeeper. I already have the Captains, Cruise Director, Maitre d', Senior Doctor and Captain Circle Host's names. I'll be sending them invitations to our Meet & Greet. I would like to have them ready, instead of writing them up after boarding the ship. Thanks.

We have booked this Hawaiian Cruise for October, out of San Francisco and expecting to see Makani E again. Kimo e-mailed before he left the ship, and that they were heading to SFO for a flight to Sydney for Sea Princess next cruise. We share a love for Hawaiian Grindz, especially Malasadas. Mahalo! Stan

Edited by Gimer

Terry and Mark, did either of you take up the ukulele lessons and hula dancing. Last November's Hawaiian cruise, Dave Cole and Makani E had over 50 passengers playing the ukulele and 45 ladies with one guy dancing the hula in the Princess theater. That was a HOOT!

From your Princess Patters, can you give me the names of the following Ships Officer; Executives Chef, Customer Service Director(Purser), Hotel Manager, Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Housekeeper. I already have the Captains, Cruise Director, Maitre d', Senior Doctor and Captain Circle Host's names. I'll be sending them invitations to our Meet & Greet. I would like to have them ready, instead of writing them up after boarding the ship. Thanks.

We have booked this Hawaiian Cruise for October, out of San Francisco and expecting to see Makani E again. Kimo e-mailed before he left the ship, and that they were heading to SFO for a flight to Sydney for Sea Princess next cruise. We share a love for Hawaiian Grindz, especially Malasadas. Mahalo! Stan

Stan,

Need to unpack first and will let you have info later tonight. We didn't do the activities (hubby not into it) but went and were watchers. Was alot of fun! They had a uke concert at the end of the cruise which went well and well attended.

Terry

Thanks Terry, reason is this morning I get a email from Princess Group Onboard Service Coordinator stating they no longer get the Onboard Staff Rotational List to give out. I like to have them printed out before boarding this Sunday. I do not write or print well. Do you plan on writing a review? I would love to read it. Again Thanks. Stan

THANK YOU!!!!!! for the suggestion about being on the starboard side. I have been researching this forever, and every time I see a thread about port vs. starboard for the Hawaiian cruises, it fills up with people saying "aft", which is probably not in the cards for us (prefer to be mid ship, need for handicapped accessible). While I greatly enjoy the comments about being aft, and the beautiful pictures of the view from there, it's nice to hear a definitive suggestion about port vs. starboard.

However, having said that....ahem....(sorry) I remember reading somewhere recently from someone who suggested port was better for seeing more of the land as the ship sails around the islands.

So, my question to you experienced recent Hawaiian cruisers is - do the ships typically follow the same routine as far as docking - is the same side always towards the dock, etc? (I realize it's a different story in tender ports).

Thanks Terry, reason is this morning I get a email from Princess Group Onboard Service Coordinator stating they no longer get the Onboard Staff Rotational List to give out. I like to have them printed out before boarding this Sunday. I do not write or print well. Do you plan on writing a review? I would love to read it. Again Thanks. Stan

This is from a picture I took of the staff photos they put up.

Nicholas Nash - Captain

Piero Ferrero - Chief Engineer

Michele Tuvo(man) - Staff Captain

Danilo Portoso - Hotel General Manager

Neil Rose - Cruise Director

Marcelle Bleker (woman) - Senior Doctor

Pietro Donato - Staff Engineer Officer

Sebastiano Bocassin - Staff Electro Tech Officer

Luca Baudoino - Customer Services Director

Remo Bolis - Executive Chef

Jean Paul Musiu - Maitre d' Hotel

Wolfgang Juranek - Food and Beverage Director

Roger Galvan - Executive Housekeeper

Abigail Jacobs - Captain Circle Hostess

This is more than you probably wanted or needed. Also, Nick Nash will probably be on another ship end of May and others may change. But this is what is what at this time. Have a great cruise.

Terry

THANK YOU!!!!!! for the suggestion about being on the starboard side. I have been researching this forever, and every time I see a thread about port vs. starboard for the Hawaiian cruises, it fills up with people saying "aft", which is probably not in the cards for us (prefer to be mid ship, need for handicapped accessible). While I greatly enjoy the comments about being aft, and the beautiful pictures of the view from there, it's nice to hear a definitive suggestion about port vs. starboard.

However, having said that....ahem....(sorry) I remember reading somewhere recently from someone who suggested port was better for seeing more of the land as the ship sails around the islands.

So, my question to you experienced recent Hawaiian cruisers is - do the ships typically follow the same routine as far as docking - is the same side always towards the dock, etc? (I realize it's a different story in tender ports).

Ok, here were the specifics of my cruise from SF......

At Pier 27 - starboard facing bay; port facing facility

Under bridge - makes no difference; in my cruise fog so heavy when we left that couldn't see anything! Grin.

To Hawaii - either side ok - all ocean! Grin

Big Island (Hilo)-pilot boat captain joined ship on starboard side; port side faced facility; starboard side faced bay area and across to land - nice view

Honolulu- at Pier 2 - starboard side faced the Aloha Clock Tower and ships coming in and out which was interesting; port side did face DiamondHead so this port is up for grabs!!!

Kauai- coming into port we had the most scenic view coming in - in fact most scenic of my 11-12 cruises so far! Again port side faced dock facilities and we faced outward with a nice view.

Maui- tendered but starboard side faced island and port faced sea (this of course could be variable due to varying winds!)

Ensenada - faced dock, but ended up good as you could see the harbor seals on land right next to the aft part of the ship. But only there 4 hours! Port side faced the bay area

Coming up coast to SF - since had wind situation we travelled close to land and came up the INSIDE of the Channel Islands really close to land and of course starboard is to land side. Port did see the Channel Islands.

So you can see for our trip at least, starboard was the best side.

Now as far as seeing islands as we travelled between them, didn't really see much of that for following reasons: foggy, too far away, doing things inside ship!, or napping or eating!

Terry

Edited by PoohUnderstands
Add more information

We just finished the 15 day Hawaiian Itinerary RT from San Francisco.

If you do this itinerary and they dock the same places (and they should), definitely want a starboard side balcony/mini, etc.

Pooh

Congrats on a successful cruise! DW & I agree on the Starboard balconies on the Hawaiian cruise. We also prefer Starboard on Inside Passage cruises! :D

Terry, Thank you so very much for posting the Ship's Officers names. Like you said, there would be some changes and Captain Nash is replaced with Captain Stefano Ravera. I guess I'll just give blank invitations for the Purser to pass out. Great information and I'm glad you had a wonderful cruise. Again Thanks. Stan

Gimmer:

Easy to find out. Just contact the Princess Rep for your ship and they will email it back. Just remember that you want that information after the 1st of the month of your cruise to be current and correct.

Have a great cruise!!!

Tom :)

Hi Tom, long time no see. Going on Star this Sunday and just got a E-mail from Group Onboard Service Coordinator(Customer Rep) that they have stop giving out information of "Onboard Staff Rotation List". You must now bring your blank invitations to the Customer Service Desk and ask them to hand them out to the Officers you want to invite. I guess it's something new. I was also told this by Mark, who was on the previous cruise onboard Star. We'll have to adapt, no big deal. I just prefer to get a heads up before my cruise. Hope to see you on another cruise. Stan

Hi Tom, long time no see. Going on Star this Sunday and just got a E-mail from Group Onboard Service Coordinator(Customer Rep) that they have stop giving out information of "Onboard Staff Rotation List". You must now bring your blank invitations to the Customer Service Desk and ask them to hand them out to the Officers you want to invite. I guess it's something new. I was also told this by Mark, who was on the previous cruise onboard Star. We'll have to adapt, no big deal. I just prefer to get a heads up before my cruise. Hope to see you on another cruise. Stan

Gimmer:

Thanks for the info. Hope to see you on another cruise too.

Tom :D

Going on Star this Sunday and just got a E-mail from Group Onboard Service Coordinator(Customer Rep) that they have stop giving out information of "Onboard Staff Rotation List". You must now bring your blank invitations to the Customer Service Desk and ask them to hand them out to the Officers you want to invite.

You can fill in the blanks using the information in the embarkation day Patter before handing them to the Customer Service Desk.

You can fill in the blanks using the information in the embarkation day Patter before handing them to the Customer Service Desk.

I agree, it better to wait and see the Patter on embarkation day because most of the time the info given out is wrong. :(