How long is a meal in Le Cirque?

cl.klink

I'm trying to plan an evening for my wife and me, and time our dinner correctly to coordinate with a few other things.

I'll be on Oosterdam in Alaska end of May, and plan to do the Le Cirque dinner.

Two hours sound about right?

- Joel

I'm trying to plan an evening for my wife and me, and time our dinner correctly to coordinate with a few other things.

I'll be on Oosterdam in Alaska end of May, and plan to do the Le Cirque dinner.

Two hours sound about right?

- Joel

That works for the high end. My experience is 1-1/2 hours but with a larger group this might be longer if someone eats slowly.

Since the menu is limited, preparation of the meals should be faster than normal PG dinners.

Edited by Crew News

Two times we went with good friends and were at dinner about 2 1/2 hours. Service was wonderful but we were lingering, enjoying each other, our dinner and the wine. We were happy to have that special time together.

We have done the Le Cirque dinner at least 4 times, all with my DW's sister and brother-in-law, and each time we spent between 1 1/2 and 2 hours eating. Our experience is that the Le Cirque wait staff pretty much allows the individual diners to set the pace for the meal, so you should have no trouble fitting the dinner in to whatever other things you schedule for that evening. You might want to inform the PG Manager in advance of your need to be finished by a certain time. Good luck and smooth sailing,

Rod

On one occasion, when we could only get a late reservation and we really didn't want to miss a show, we asked the PG Manager to have our desserts sent up to our cabin.

After the show, there they were, along with the chocolate box. :)

On one occasion, when we could only get a late reservation and we really didn't want to miss a show, we asked the PG Manager to have our desserts sent up to our cabin.

After the show, there they were, along with the chocolate box. :)

THAT is one of the best ideas I've heard on this board for a long time. We enjoy the Pinnacle, but the length of time is way too long for me. I can feel my knees locking up. 1-1/2 hours would be just fine.

THAT is one of the best ideas I've heard on this board for a long time. We enjoy the Pinnacle, but the length of time is way too long for me. I can feel my knees locking up. 1-1/2 hours would be just fine.

Yes!

We tend to dine late in the MDR, but early in the Pinnacle.

Having dessert delivered later is great: by then, after an hour walk around the Lower Prom, we can actually find a tiny bit of room to eat it!!

I found my Le Cirque dinner to be very well paced and I agree that the staff seemed to sense the pace I desired. It was the best PG experience I have had on any HAL ship.

Never thought about requesting dessert to be sent to my stateroom! What a great idea! I become so full so quickly that a later dessert would be much more enjoyable than immediately at the end of the dinner.

I found my Le Cirque dinner to be very well paced and I agree that the staff seemed to sense the pace I desired. It was the best PG experience I have had on any HAL ship.

... I agree completely but would add that, if you have a need to be somewhere else at a certain time, you should advise the PG Manager of your time constraints and ask that our meal be paced accordingly - after all, not all wait staff are skilled mind readers!!!

Rod