No Bahamas Cruises From Port Canaveral Summer 2016?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but a relatively quick scan of the forum didn't turn it up. Will there really be no 3-4 day Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral in the summer of 2016? Or have they just not been posted on the website yet?

Thanks.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but a relatively quick scan of the forum didn't turn it up. Will there really be no 3-4 day Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral in the summer of 2016? Or have they just not been posted on the website yet?

Thanks.

So far, it looks like Rhapsody won't take over the 3/4 day cruises from PC until later in 2016.

Sad but true- No short cruises on RCL out of PC May- October 2016

I have been in denial but have finally accepted it.;):(:eek:

I've been looking for the Rhapsody TA to Port Canaveral, but haven't found it yet. Have you seen it?

Still in denial! :(

Quite frankly I am amazed that RCI will give up all that revenue from the short cruises. One or two in the summer fit perfectly with our other travel schedule. We like to drive to port when we can and the 8 hour drive is about as long as we can take, so further south in Florida ( for a short cruise) is not a viable option for us.

Maybe RCI will pull something out of their hat!

M

Still in denial! :(

Quite frankly I am amazed that RCI will give up all that revenue from the short cruises. One or two in the summer fit perfectly with our other travel schedule. We like to drive to port when we can and the 8 hour drive is about as long as we can take, so further south in Florida ( for a short cruise) is not a viable option for us.

Maybe RCI will pull something out of their hat!

M

I really don't think they will give it up. I think they will put a 3/4 night ship there for the summer given that they are now partnering with Universal for vacation packages.

I've been looking for the Rhapsody TA to Port Canaveral, but haven't found it yet. Have you seen it?

I have not seen it either

I really don't think they will give it up. I think they will put a 3/4 night ship there for the summer given that they are now partnering with Universal for vacation packages.

Are there any ships unaccounted for that RCL could put there for 6 months?

Let's narrow it down. Are there any ships not scheduled for that timeframe?

There are no ships that are unaccounted for.

The ships whose itineraries have not been posted for that timeframe are

Ovation, Quantum, Mariner, Voyager and Legend who are all scheduled for Asia.

Jewel and Rhapsody who are scheduled for Europe.

Splendour and Majesty who are being transferred to Pulmanteur and TUI earlier in 2016.

I just found it listed on a site, but not for sale. It is 14 days from Italy and starts on 10/27/16 ends in PC 11/10/16

I just found it listed on a site, but not for sale. It is 14 days from Italy and starts on 10/27/16 ends in PC 11/10/16

That would be a fun TA. Maybe you and Dan would be interested?

It appears that Royal considers Florida a weak summer market. The Allure is spending this summer in the Mediterranean and Port Canaveral will have only the Freedom during the summer of 2016.

I just am amazed that Royal would give up on the summer short cruise market at a time of year when many many people vacation and can combine a land vacation with a short cruise -- just doesn't seem sensible, to me at least.

Well, hmmmphhh. :(

I live 40 minutes from PC and really wanted to take the grandkids on a short cruise that summer while their parents do an Alaskan cruise for their anniversary. Guess I'll have to make the drive to Miami. Or decide if I could survive a full week with the kids. :eek: Actually, the 15 and 14 year olds won't be bad - it's the 6 year old that'll kill me.....

Well, hmmmphhh. :(

I live 40 minutes from PC and really wanted to take the grandkids on a short cruise that summer while their parents do an Alaskan cruise for their anniversary. Guess I'll have to make the drive to Miami. Or decide if I could survive a full week with the kids. :eek: Actually, the 15 and 14 year olds won't be bad - it's the 6 year old that'll kill me.....

My daughter at 6 wanted to spend all day and night at adventure ocean. Stated be bored there at 7 and was completely done with it at 8. Six might be your magic time. You might feel like you are on a cruise by yourself. The only challenge will be carrying the passed out six year old from Adventure Ocean to your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival will be increasing capacity out of Port Canaveral and are re-deploying newer Victory to take the place of Sensation from February of 2016 increasing berths for the summer while RCI are down one ship.

Carnival Magic is then being re-deployed to meet the move of Oasis in December of 2016.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/costa-concordia/news-headlines/carnival-ups-its-game-in-port-canaveral-with-more-short-cruises-newer-ships.html

Carnival will be increasing capacity out of Port Canaveral and are re-deploying newer Victory to take the place of Sensation from February of 2016 increasing berths for the summer while RCI are down one ship.

Carnival Magic is then being re-deployed to meet the move of Oasis in December of 2016.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/costa-concordia/news-headlines/carnival-ups-its-game-in-port-canaveral-with-more-short-cruises-newer-ships.html

very interesting indeed. Thank you for sharing .

I wonder if Royal will reconsider not having a ship doing the short cruises.

I wonder if Royal will reconsider not having a ship doing the short cruises.

It would be quite difficult and costly for them to reconsider. All the ships with the exception of Asia and China have had their itineraries released and are on sale.

The only possibility could be the delay of the Majesty's transfer to Pullmanteur.

I haven't seen any itineraries for her beyond April 2016.

They just ran put of ships and it appears that they decided that PC was going to be the least profitable so they chose to leave that market temporarily.

That was on the local news tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very surprised at the notion that port canaveral has no short

Cruises from royal. After sailing twice on enchantment, may 2013

And may 2015. Both times the ship was sold out and demanding

Premium pricing both years. It's more intriguing during the announcement

That oasis and rhapsody are both seasonalities at the port.

Are they not gonna have any year round ships from central florida?

We don't know that yet. All we know is Oasis and Rhapsody stay until April 2017, which is as far out as Royal has released itineraries.

Ft Lauderdale, Miami or nothing in the summer of 2016.:eek: