Celebrity: Baltimore?

Lady Hudson

I was recently at the port in Baltimore. While talking to a port agent, she said she "heard" that Celebrity might bringing a ship back to the port. Thought I would ask here since CC members seem to always know things first. Just a note -- a CD on a recent trip said that he heard about his new assignment on CC. He wanted to know how CC knew before he did!

I've heard nothing, I thought that maybe Summit would call in Baltimore in the fall northeast sailings, but don't even see that now that I look, doing Boston instead.

As X is retiring Century this month, and Constellation won't be coming back to its space in the Caribbean any more, mean 2 less X ships to service US-based ports, so don't see it happening. PERHAPS once new ships roll out in 2017-2018, but I doubt it.

Cle-Guy is correct, Celebrity only has effectively nine ships now and five of them physically can't get into Baltimore and the two new ships will probably not be able to. I'm not even sure that the four M class ships can get under the bridge but I think they do fit by a few feet. Most of the other large cruise lines have twice as many ships so I seriously doubt it. I would love to see one going out of there as I did it once on Galaxy in 03.

I would love to see Celebrity return to Baltimore. That's how my love affair all began with Celebrity on the Galaxy in May 2003. Is the problem with the Francis Scott Bridge or the Bay Bridge for the larger ships. So the M class will not make it then?

I would love to see Celebrity return to Baltimore. That's how my love affair all began with Celebrity on the Galaxy in May 2003. Is the problem with the Francis Scott Bridge or the Bay Bridge for the larger ships. So the M class will not make it then?

Someone has to research it, I remember posts on here that it was and that it wasn't so who knows. The other thing is Solstice might be able to go in there due to its movable stack.

The Francis Scott Key Bridge has less clearance than the Bay Bridge. I think the M Class ships are too tall for the Key Bridge. We loved sailing on the Mercury from Baltimore...so convenient.

Charlie

I have heard that the M class ships can make it under both bridges.

Would love to have more choices in Baltimore, especially if they did different itineraries than RCCL.

We would LOVE having X cruises out of Baltimore (we're from Northern VA, so it's about an hour drive to the port). What got DW and I back into cruising after years of hiatus was NCL's Majesty Baltimore to Bermuda. Shame that there's limited ships going into St. George's any longer.

Unfortunately, the port there is just too small for the current X ships, so it's Bayonne for us. :mad:

The Francis Scott Key Bridge has less clearance than the Bay Bridge. I think the M Class ships are too tall for the Key Bridge. We loved sailing on the Mercury from Baltimore...so convenient.

Charlie

185 feet versus 187 feet, from what I have pulled of the net.

Ship heights anyone??

bosco

I would love for X to return to Baltimore. I loved my 10 day cruise on Galaxy to the Caribbean back in 2002. Driving an hour to the port instead of driving 45 minutes to the airport and then flying was delightful. The cruise before ours was actually late getting into Baltimore, but X let us know in the morning so my dad stayed at work later and we simply left for the port later - no waiting around in the terminal necessary. Coming back to Baltimore would be amazing!!