Film crew blocks hallway on Oasis

This person made a post and simply asked if others encountered it too. I cannot believe that most of the responses were rude.

I agree with Ocean Boy, if you are blocked in your room, how do you propose the person "goes around it"? Aye, aye, aye!

I don't know about other people, but I get one vacation a year and every penny I earn counts. I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to enjoy it without that kind of trouble.

They could record their film between turnovers so that their guests aren't as impacted.

Sheesh.....

How about you explain how you walk around something that is blocking the entrance to your cabin. If you can walk around it then it isn't really blocking it, right?

If someone puts a chair in the hall that's blocking me. I move the chair to the side, then walk around it.

So the film crew put the coffee table and a couple of chairs in the hallway to make room so they can film. It's not really the end of the world. Just step around the items, or move them to the side if necessary. I don't think something like this is even something I would remember later that day, much less make a fuss over after the cruise.

Does it matter? Shouldn't someone be able to come and go from their cabin at will?

maybe but it's hard to envision the scenario as written. and besides coming and going 'at will' can still interrupt the steward trying to clean your cabin in a short window/time frame

Having worked in TV and film production for a while I can tell you a SURE FIRE way to get a crew to stop filming and pay attention to you...

Swear, swear loudly and repeatedly. It stops them being able to use the footage they're recording. They'll have to stop, and start another take - in which time you can clamber through and get to your room.

It's the same reason that, if you've ever been to a TV recording, TV presenters/guests will often deliberately swear if they make a mistake - so the studio can't use the footage.

#TheMoreYouKnow

I find tripping up on camera has the same effect.

I'm truly sorry the OP was mildly inconvenienced. Am not clear what they are expecting to do about it now.

This person made a post and simply asked if others encountered it too. I cannot believe that most of the responses were rude.

I agree with Ocean Boy, if you are blocked in your room, how do you propose the person "goes around it"? Aye, aye, aye!

I don't know about other people, but I get one vacation a year and every penny I earn counts. I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to enjoy it without that kind of trouble.

They could record their film between turnovers so that their guests aren't as impacted.

Sheesh.....

not rude,.more like confuzzled..

Sheesh.....

If they filmed during turnovers, it would impact people even more. Do you know how much work and activity the crew has to do during this time period?

Sheesh.

Excuse me for asking, but I have yet to read anywhere what "problem" or "trouble" was caused.

Nobody here (other than the missing OP) knows exactly what "blocking access" actually means. Until we KNOW what that means, I don't think anyone can pass judgement, offer options, etc.

On the March 28th Sailing a film crew setup at the aft end of Deck 11 Port side to film in the new 11330 suite. The placed equipment in the hallway, including furniture from the suite, blocking access to our cabin. I have Notified RC but wanted to hear if anyone else was impacted by this film crew, perhaps elsewhere on the ship. This wasn't just an inconvenience as they blocked us in our cabin and was also a safety hazard.

I noticed them filming in the Solarium on the second sea day, the one before Cozumel.

I'm not sure if they were filming a show or a commercial.

Anyone?

maybe but it's hard to envision the scenario as written. and besides coming and going 'at will' can still interrupt the steward trying to clean your cabin in a short window/time frame

Right, those are two equivalent issues? One is your cabin steward performing a task to provide service to YOU and make your cruise enjoyable the other is an annoyance.:rolleyes: And stewards in the past have always worked around my schedule. I leave the card in the door when we leave for the morning and again in the evening when we leave for dinner.

If someone puts a chair in the hall that's blocking me. I move the chair to the side, then walk around it.

So the film crew put the coffee table and a couple of chairs in the hallway to make room so they can film. It's not really the end of the world. Just step around the items, or move them to the side if necessary. I don't think something like this is even something I would remember later that day, much less make a fuss over after the cruise.

If that is your definition of being blocked then so be it. Some things that I read around here just make me shake my head.

If they filmed during turnovers, it would impact people even more. Do you know how much work and activity the crew has to do during this time period?

Sheesh.

No....I couldn't fathom how much work it takes to get rooms ready for thousands of people. :rolleyes:

I would much rather be told my room won't be ready until later on my day of embarking, then to be trapped in it....even if it's just for 15 minutes.

I find it pretty funny that so many people are irritated by this post, but wouldn't be irritated by the circumstances were you in his shoes. If someone asking a question riles you up....a film crew blocking sections of the cruise ship wouldn't? :confused:

... then to be trapped in it....even if it's just for 15 minutes.

I find it pretty funny that so many people are irritated by this post, but wouldn't be irritated by the circumstances were you in his shoes. ...

Where does it say they were "trapped"?

Until someone can explain what happened, I am unable to feel "irritated" by the circumstances.

Where does it say they were "trapped"?

Until someone can explain what happened, I am unable to feel "irritated" by the circumstances.

The last line of the OP states they were blocked inside their cabin. You are right. They were not trapped in there they were blocked in there. Big difference... I guess.

The last line of the OP states they were blocked inside their cabin. You are right. They were not trapped in there they were blocked in there. Big difference... I guess.

Six to one, half a dozen to the other ;)

I'm always amazed at how carefully and concisely one must word things here or surely they will be called on it. :rolleyes:

No....I couldn't fathom how much work it takes to get rooms ready for thousands of people. :rolleyes:

I would much rather be told my room won't be ready until later on my day of embarking, then to be trapped in it....even if it's just for 15 minutes.

I find it pretty funny that so many people are irritated by this post, but wouldn't be irritated by the circumstances were you in his shoes. If someone asking a question riles you up....a film crew blocking sections of the cruise ship wouldn't? :confused:

I'm not irritated by the post, but I guess I do find it puzzling.:confused: I'm not sure what the OP expects to be done about the situation now that the cruise is over and they're home. I think the time to address minor issues like this is on board the ship, not after the fact. I would have brought my concern to the staff's attention during my cruise, but I would only follow up with corporate for a problem that impacted a major portion of my cruise or was an on-going, chronic issue such as a plumbing problem or an air conditioning problem.

Last spring on Allure a Norwegian TV show filmed inside Johnny Rockets while my wife and I was there.

The host spoke to us for a minute (off camera) and I mentioned the staff dance (she didn't know this), and then the staff had to because I mentioned it.

Somewhere in Norway I made my (background) TV debut.... been meaning to search for that show.

On the March 21 Oasis sailing, the Beach Pool and surrounding area was blocked off for several hours the first morning (while in port at Nassau) for filming. It was nice they picked a time where it would impact fewer people. Wonder what they're filming. Just a commercial?

Probably yet another one of those cheesy Samantha Brown travelogues for The Travel Channel .. or that phony Dream Cruises show.

He doesn't say how long they were blocked in the room. If it was over five minutes, it would have been too long for me. Someone, should have notified them that they wouldn't be able to get out of the room and been given the chance to get out before filming began.

If, I opened my cabin door to leave and could not, I'd been on the phone complaining immediately! :(

Edited by Little Buddy's Mom

I'm truly sorry the OP was mildly inconvenienced. Am not clear what they are expecting to do about it now.

hoping someone else had a similar experience and got something off their bill and set the precedent, i guess?

Edited by Aintnofun007

When you rely on a scooter to get you around the ship, you encounter plenty of obstacles in the hallways. The room steward carts, linen carts, vacuum cleaners, trays from cabins. My husband just uses caution, usually I'll guide him so he can get around safely. But to complain is ridiculous.

When you rely on a scooter to get you around the ship, you encounter plenty of obstacles in the hallways. The room steward carts, linen carts, vacuum cleaners, trays from cabins. My husband just uses caution, usually I'll guide him so he can get around safely. But to complain is ridiculous.

The OP said that they were blocked in. They didn't say that they were navigating around obstacles.