Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

That is something new that suite passengers were invited to a second suite cocktail party.

All the cruises we did like yours, only new passengers were invited to the suite cocktail party the evening we left San Diego.

And on our Collector's Cruise -- 2 different times -- only new passengers were invited.

We never had Collectors that included San Diego but we always went to every Suite Welcome Party on

all of our Collectors cruises. We also went to the Captain's Cocktail party all segment. DH really

enjoyed those evenings. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Well thanks HAL. We finally received an invitation to the Mariner's luncheon addressed to DH. Only thing is...he got off the ship yesterday and is flying home as I write this!

Thanks but no thanks!

Tried to take DS and DD to the movie "Into the Woods" at 12:30 today but the place was packed with people older than me. We tried to drag the Queens Lounge chairs over so they could see the screen but there was a couple cuddling and other stuff (yes you can use your imagination) in the semi circular sofa. She freaked and told me they couldn't sit there. I said everyone else had done it but she stated that they would Block their view. I was thinking that if they sat up instead of lying on the sofa they could easily see....eba3c2d444c69af17fd05c3907c85241.jpg

Edited by 1of401

Thar be whales out there

Yes the whales are migrating and you can see them spouting and a bit of jumping. All wrong terms I am sure, but hopefully everyone gets the Jist.

"Have you ever been to sea, Billy ? " LOL :D

I think the term is breeching. But I'm a landlubber on the "frozen tundra", what do I know? Again, I'm just enjoying the back and forth banter this thread affords everyone onboard and at home. I hope you have as great a time these next few days as the previous ones have been. I'm pretty sure with this group, the ship could run aground and you'd still have fun.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Between Kazu and DD I have joined the modern age and can now post pictures![emoji4]

So what if my name has been changed on tapatalk to 1of401. DD says she will fix it for me.

So here is what a VC verandah cabin for 4 looks like:ce6574a28b8b0e1546b44493c285b9eb.jpg

0f06f62d0337c2cf25d17e9e43189906.jpg

And then there were 3...

854aee2accdea04d55386b98123af59f.jpg

"Have you ever been to sea, Billy ? " LOL :D

I think the term is breeching. But I'm a landlubber on the "frozen tundra", what do I know? Again, I'm just enjoying the back and forth banter this thread affords everyone onboard and at home. I hope you have as great a time these next few days as the previous ones have been. I'm pretty sure with this group, the ship could run aground and you'd still have fun.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

That would be an excuse to crack another bottle of wine and have a grounding party. :D

Speaking of wine----Mumsy,-----Lizzie and I had a "meeting" this afternoon and there is not much left of your bottle of wine. Thanks again.

Edited by sapper1

As described by DH. .... At last night's suite reception, the highlight of the reception was a man in red sneakers, shabby jeans, shabby black shirt and a fairly neglected red cowboy hat. No pics, sorry.

Many were dressed nicely

625501065dc2386f344422f758298102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sapper 1 and Mummsysailor and everyone on this thread, enjoyed your posts so much, Thank you. Sapper and Mummsy, I recall you guys a couple of years ago on the same cruise and what a blast we had. It was fun viewing your posts.

WOOHOO!!! So good to hear from you Sunnygidget. We did mention you and your DH as we reminisced about our 2012 trip. Only sorry you couldn't have been with us.

I particularly remember how "chatty" you were on embarkation day at San Diego as we waited in the Lido restaurant - something about emptying a bottle of undrunk wine IIRC[emoji2].

Hope we can sail together again soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be an excuse to crack another bottle of wine and have a grounding party. :D

Speaking of wine----Mumsy,-----Lizzie and I had a "meeting" this afternoon and there is not much left of your bottle of wine. Thanks again.

Glad the "meeting" went well. We'll have to find a way of meeting up to sample some more sometime. Ooh! We need another cruise! [emoji1]

Went to a wine tasting this afternoon in Temecula. Very short with almost no info on the wines - only that they could be purchased at that particular place. [emoji33] no room in the bags to take anything else home. Commentary not a patch on Ingo's particular style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As described by DH. .... At last night's suite reception, the highlight of the reception was a man in red sneakers, shabby jeans, shabby black shirt and a fairly neglected red cowboy hat. No pics, sorry.

Many were dressed nicely

I wonder if he was the same guy we saw three years ago in the Neptune Lounge. He was a heavy man wearing a "wife beater T-shirt as well as did his two young sons. The three of them nearly cleaned out the snacks as they brought two large plastic trays. This was the day we boarded and still at the dock.

I was too afraid to take a picture. I assume it was an up sell as on our Roll Call many snagged up sells from Signatures to Neptune Suites. Others in the NL said the same thing after they left with their haul.

I can't remember the words on the T-shirt, but it was not appropriate anywhere. I never saw them again and wondered if he just wandered in as the doors were open.

The sea has been a bit choppy today, but certainly not to the point of discomfort. It was sunny for awhile, but windy. I was able to sit on the balcony for awhile to get some fresh air after helping to polish off Mumsy's wine donation. My good deed for the day.;)

The sea has been a bit choppy today, but certainly not to the point of discomfort. It was sunny for awhile, but windy. I was able to sit on the balcony for awhile to get some fresh air after helping to polish off Mumsy's wine donation. My good deed for the day.;)

Nice Lizzie, nice polishing off someone else's wine. woohoo!

Great pictues 1of401. Glad you learned how to do it, now if only I could.:(

Glad your sea's have been tolerable.:)

I wonder if he was the same guy we saw three years ago in the Neptune Lounge. He was a heavy man wearing a "wife beater T-shirt as well as did his two young sons. The three of them nearly cleaned out the snacks as they brought two large plastic trays. This was the day we boarded and still at the dock.

I was too afraid to take a picture. I assume it was an up sell as on our Roll Call many snagged up sells from Signatures to Neptune Suites. Others in the NL said the same thing after they left with their haul.

I can't remember the words on the T-shirt, but it was not appropriate anywhere. I never saw them again and wondered if he just wandered in as the doors were open.

could be. I can definitely say that that the snacks are being cleaned out in the Neptune Lounge. I ordered appetizers or appies for tomorrow as we are having a few people over to say good bye.

Now, all that being said and yes there are some interesting sights, there are some really nice people that I have met on this segment already.

very friendly and outgoing.

Your cruise is coming to an end!

did you really have to remind us? LOL Father, I did pack one suitcase and get a few more things prepared.

Sadly, we are all too aware of it. On the good side, we will spend a couple of days in Vancouver before we head home to face the snow that is still there I fear. I heard we had a storm the other day. (seriously!! uggher).

We had planned to stay in Vancouver longer and even hop on the Noordam, but things just didn't work out and one can't complain when they have this kind of a cruise.

the assistant dining room manager was a tad concerned as some cleared out of the dining room this evening. I really don't find it a bad at all. A bit of rolling or as our Captain would put it "a bit of motion in the ocean but the stabilizers are working fine and at full capacity".

did you really have to remind us? LOL Father, I did pack one suitcase and get a few more things prepared.

Sadly, we are all too aware of it. On the good side, we will spend a couple of days in Vancouver before we head home to face the snow that is still there I fear. I heard we had a storm the other day. (seriously!! uggher).

We had planned to stay in Vancouver longer and even hop on the Noordam, but things just didn't work out and one can't complain when they have this kind of a cruise.

the assistant dining room manager was a tad concerned as some cleared out of the dining room this evening. I really don't find it a bad at all. A bit of rolling or as our Captain would put it "a bit of motion in the ocean but the stabilizers are working fine and at full capacity".

Hope your DH is doing ok.

Meant to tell you Scrapnana, your blog picture of the Westerdam in Cabo was awesome.

Edited by PathfinderEss

The International Dinner is tomorrow night. I get the menus a night in advance because I can't eat cream. I know a few don't like it so just giving a head's up.

Well DAM, I booked my PG dinner on the last night to avoid this. I will have to see if there is any way Raj can switch my reservation in the PG for tomorrow night. Thanks for the heads up. I would have found out tomorrow but knowing for breakfast time is a LOT better.