Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Along the way we came across a Mayan craft store and had to go have a look.

61e8d1354427acaeb483e19261c4e99f.jpg

Inside they had those lovely beaded statues that the Mayans make so cleverly. And, even better, there were two people there working. They kindly agreed to a picture. The work is very intricate and all done by hand.

828e38c25beec560d288c7e7fd7debe6.jpg

Of course, there was plenty to buy right on the street if one was so inclined without going anywhere!

ffd03b38ed5d8f2c6badc84305447435.jpg

Once we reached the end of the walk and with only one tiny purchase by DH (yay!), we headed towards the church - the Lady of Guadeloupe

c0555bca66f03b2e4f926feb51665bdd.jpg

the Church is beautiful

20d6068e3e592eec5c7ee530972609e0.jpg

We explored the Church and sadly, the pictures don't do it justice as again, the pictures were without flash inside.

76d3ed004c5d16e6638e853a00d9214c.jpg

506c11d6f1d5b7ed16dbe387d3c9416a.jpg

53d6fe9ca51b0ef4f29a6faf1769a7e6.jpg

Then we proceeded to the Old Town and the Market.

Through a lovely park area, we discovered where Puerto Vallarta got it's name.

948954df3e69f23d098c80e4bcc6ce65.jpg

9a00d059b7262154a964184d783d8363.jpg

then we headed to the market. We crossed over a wooden bridge (similar to what you would see Indiana Jones do) and entered the market. Lots of people willing to sell you something and tons and tons of vendors.

DH succumbed and bought this.

43d12b41e816df7eb8eced3b3058a4a1.jpg

I told him he could only get it if he would wear it on the ship. LOL. Later on the ship, he hadn't worn it and I asked him why. He alleged that he didn't like to wear new shirts until they had been washed so I sent it out to laundry. Then it seemed the time was right. For the record, DH did NOT wear the shirt on the ship and, in fact, I still haven't seen it on him. Mind you, the weather here has not been conducive to a Tshirt but......

Ready to leave the market and needing a break, we discovered we didn't have to cross the rickety bridge. It was just a short cut. There was a sidewalk further up (groan). So we took the sidewalk on the way out and came out of the market.

69255caa7ad70e3341edcb4febe487b3.jpg

We came across a lovely little restaurant and decided to stop and take a break. A Victoria, lunch and wifi - what more could anyone ask for?

70457a44cfdb9e3ecb81976af4e817d7.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton made a famous movie in Puerto Vallarta. They are remembered in several places, including at this restaurant.

b341e07394271b6d58b1e37717579770.jpg

After reviving ourselves with a bit of rest, something cold to eat and a delicious bite, we headed back down through the old town and to the sea walk investigating more nooks and crannies.

cf819ce882045f81d21741f0da759bcd.jpg

Continuing on our walk

f7346a2e7f5d80386ecb492a2b520570.jpg

Anyone who knows Kazu, knows that she and her DH are huge animal lovers. DH couldn't resist talking to this gentleman for a few minutes.

ed5862150947f827937461117da8c35d.jpg

the flowers were out of this world in this port as well. Just beautiful

710c08b04bf427bb59df0c7d39aa52ab.jpg

All too soon it was going to be time to head out and it was my turn to have invites over over for the sail a way.

to be continued ....

Loved reliving the stroll along the Malacon. The guy with the pitbulls had obviously dropped one or two off by the time you saw him, as when we encountered him he more on leashes. That cathedral at the end of the Malacon is lovely, and last year we came upon a wedding in progress in there. The bride and groom came down the aisle and we were able to wish them luck. It was beautiful.

I did take pics of all of the menus and the On Locations. Are they of any interest to anyone? If they are I will post them here to see.

I am going to convert them to pdf to send to the site that can't be named. I should have already done it, but I have been running a tad behind between the cold, etc. Once I convert them, I haven't found a way with tapatalk to attach them on a post, so I won't be able to do it later until I figure things out.

So, if anyone wants to see them, please let me know and I will post them here before I convert them and send them off.

thanks

I did take pics of all of the menus and the On Locations. Are they of any interest to anyone? If they are I will post them here to see.

I am going to convert them to pdf to send to the site that can't be named. I should have already done it, but I have been running a tad behind between the cold, etc. Once I convert them, I haven't found a way with tapatalk to attach them on a post, so I won't be able to do it later until I figure things out.

So, if anyone wants to see them, please let me know and I will post them here before I convert them and send them off.

thanks

Happy to hear you are adding them to the other site. I actually saved all of ours (the ones delivered to the suite) in case you needed any, but it looks like you have it covered. Did you already post the Master Chef's dinner menu somewhere? That one I do not have as we didn't go, but I am interested to see the menu, though the photos were excellent.:D

Happy to hear you are adding them to the other site. I actually saved all of ours (the ones delivered to the suite) in case you needed any, but it looks like you have it covered. Did you already post the Master Chef's dinner menu somewhere? That one I do not have as we didn't go, but I am interested to see the menu, though the photos were excellent.:D

You best keep them in case my pics and pdf don't work out well, if you don't mind.

I did post the Master Chef's dinner menu earlier I think.

But I might have it confused with the Captain's dinner.

I will take a look and happily post that so that you can pick it up if you like

I don't recall if kazu has mentioned already the interesting conversation we had with some staff about Cruise Critic - they certainly know about it and remember some members and had some very interesting observstions about some of the stories they have read - so we are being careful to be very factual.:D (Hi to any of them reading this, we miss you!) But it is good to know they read our posts.

Are you saying that some of you talked about CC members not on the cruise??

Are you saying that some of you talked about CC members not on the cruise??

Not at all. Many crew read posts on the boards. And they simply made observations. We made no comments.

Edited by kazu

Nope. Some posters were mentioned by the staff. Not a topic we wanted to be involved in but we got the message.:eek:

Not at all. Many crew read posts on the boards. And they simply made observations. We made no comments.

Thank you both for the clarification.

Now e can resume the review and pictures!!

Thank you both for the clarification.

Now e can resume the review and pictures!!

Some topics are best avoided at all costs, KK. I remember one poster saying how he and a few other pax discussed other cruise critic members while on a cruise, and found it utterly distasteful. Have no fear, we certainly offered no opinions .

A question to roll call members. Usually when we return from a cruise our mariner status is updated within a few days on the HAL website. To date our mariner credits have not been posted and this cruise has been over for almost two weeks. Has anyone noticed if they have received their credits or not?

A question to roll call members. Usually when we return from a cruise our mariner status is updated within a few days on the HAL website. To date our mariner credits have not been posted and this cruise has been over for almost two weeks. Has anyone noticed if they have received their credits or not?

Thanks to your post, I just went to check - and no, we haven't been credited yet.

I have been meaning to check all week and you gave me the kick in the rear to actually do it.

No, we have not been credited for the voyage yet. But we all did get our 2* Mariner pins on the Westerdam so somebody must have been checking. :confused:

no for me too. have been checking. no biggie, but I would like to know if I am now 5* or missed it by that much ;)

Is it supposed to tell you how many days you have or just your star status? I just checked but it says they are doing "scheduled maintenance" and some features were not available.

If it is working, it shows you how many days at sea you have, how many spending days and your total days for your mariner credit.

It tells you how many days you need to get to the next level and all that stuff. Seems like none of our cruise has been uploaded from what's being posted here.

I just saw sambamama's post so if I don't see anything tomorrow I will call as well.

And for those following, tomorrow, never fear, I will be back to the review. Cabo San Lucas - I have to say that it was a fabulous day and I don't know how I am going to cut back on the pictures, but I will do my best.

until tomorrow.

Well, we are the sail a way gang, right?

It was only appropriate that some of us gathered together to listen to the captain's toots and see these beautiful views.

c9e2a314fda7351be9f9a3a2594d1ecd.jpg

after all, we had a great view...

7d10a0f486aa9d55b134642d1d90df52.jpg

4509824f61a0bccabd81d34b7e372a56.jpg

9e9ca9a33a07e26fa5af060793986c3a.jpg

the sail a way gang always has fun at sail a way time

2c6d7c22f135617d7733204d81d1b045.jpg

Edited by kazu