Drinks package wine by glass in speciality restaurants?

In the speciality restaurants is there a decent choice of wines which are included in the drinks packages (eg 12 dollars a glass or less).

Many thanks for any help.

I know that Chops and Giovanni's have some wines available for $12 per glass.

I would call the choice 'basic' as all wine types have at least one wine in that price range. It is limited.

There are also several wines usually priced at $14 and you can pay up if you so choose.

In the speciality restaurants is there a decent choice of wines which are included in the drinks packages (eg 12 dollars a glass or less).

Many thanks for any help.

In both specialty restaurants we ate at last week, there were only a few choices per wine type that were available by the glass. The waiters pushed the bottles but were fine with getting our wine by the glass on our package. The choices were different in Chops and Portofinos. The wine suggested by our waiter Flavio in Portofino was great but I can't remember what it was. But It was an Italian wine.

Omg....I pay $15 for 5 liters of wine.....no way would I pay $12-14 for one GLASS! I know drinks are always more pricey "out" than at home, but lordy...that's way too much!

If you are happy with the wine you get in a 5 litre box for $5, you'll be plenty happy with the wine available for $6 to $8 per glass on ships. :D

dp

Quite honestly, this was one of the few complaints we had on our recent cruise, was the limited choices available by the glass.

There were some outstanding wines available by the glass at Giovanna's for a little more than the package ($5-$7). Can't speak to Chops as we split a couple of bottles of Rombauer with my brother, but we did get the 20% off so they were reasonable.

There were some outstanding wines available by the glass at Giovanna's for a little more than the package ($5-$7). Can't speak to Chops as we split a couple of bottles of Rombauer with my brother, but we did get the 20% off so they were reasonable.

What you say is very true. now that I re-read my post, I should have said that even if there were very few wines available by the glass, those that we had were very nice.

dp

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like there are more wines above the limit than within it.

If I have the package which offers wine by the glass up to 12 dollars and the wine I want is say 18, do I pay the full 18 or just the difference?

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like there are more wines above the limit than within it.

If I have the package which offers wine by the glass up to 12 dollars and the wine I want is say 18, do I pay the full 18 or just the difference?

Just the difference.

If you are happy with the wine you get in a 5 litre box for $5, you'll be plenty happy with the wine available for $6 to $8 per glass on ships. :D

dp

Quite honestly, this was one of the few complaints we had on our recent cruise, was the limited choices available by the glass.

We're happy with wines by the bottle at 5-7GBP ($7- $12 US) so we will be plenty happy with the wine available for $8 per glass.

Research backed argument: Expensive isn't 'always' better, unless,of course, you are a sommelier!

Edited by icsys
£-$ conversion

We cruised in January on LOS and had the premium drink package. I like a glass or two (or three) of Sauvignon Blanc prior to going into the MDR for dinner. The thing that frustrated me most (beside the small number of choices for SB drinkers) was that each bar had a different wine list. I like the Kim Crawford SB was only able to get it at the Champagne Bar. At least with the drink package I was able to leave any that I didn't like behind without losing any $.

Thanks for the promt reply, my husband is a very happy boy now and he says he will will raise Slainte mhath to you with with our first glass.

I don't know what this means, but I hope it's a good thing.:)

I've been reading threads for a while trying to find the answer to this question and thought maybe some of the wine drinkers here might know the answer.

In my travel group, 3 out of 5 will have the Ultimate package. If we purchase a bottle of wine for the table with the 20% discount, can we share it with the other 2 people in our group who don't have the package?

Thanks!

I've been reading threads for a while trying to find the answer to this question and thought maybe some of the wine drinkers here might know the answer.

In my travel group, 3 out of 5 will have the Ultimate package. If we purchase a bottle of wine for the table with the 20% discount, can we share it with the other 2 people in our group who don't have the package?

Thanks!

Yes, bottles of wine can be shared with anyone.

I am a wine snob of sorts and was very happy with the wine by the glass, I remember a dinner at Giovanni's that I told the waiter to keep ordering the wine when you my glass near empty and he did a great job , forgot the wine that I was ordering but it was a Alexander valley Cabernet. ( I had excepted to need to by some wine by the bottle but didn't need to)

We got free tips and free drink packages that include wines up to $8 per glass on our 14 night Explorer cruise this July. We've got 3 speciality restaurants booked. Do you know if there are any white wines available that cost no more than this?