Platinum Laundry Now One Per Cabin

Starry Eyes

From reading this thread - it still appears Jorge is making up his own rules and coupons. Who do you think prints out the Latitude "Coupons" on the ship but the Latitude Rep. Every other ship that has been mentioned is going by the website - one bag per Platinum member. Only the Jewel appears to be limiting it to one per stateroom. :mad:

Maybe this is a 'test' on the Jewel.

Rochelle

We just got off the Star on Sunday (April 12) with platinum family members and they received two bags. Pretty sure they just wrote something on the regular slip instead of having a voucher, because they ended up using an extra slip from our cabin.

From reading this thread - it still appears Jorge is making up his own rules and coupons. Who do you think prints out the Latitude "Coupons" on the ship but the Latitude Rep. Every other ship that has been mentioned is going by the website - one bag per Platinum member. Only the Jewel appears to be limiting it to one per stateroom. :mad:

I totally agree. I just contacted NCL. I use the email address posted through Facebook and in the past I have gotten a response in about 4 hours sometimes a day. If Jorge is implementing it on his own or is a jewel test then i hope to find out.:D

I'm about to embark on a 29 day cruise on the Jewel and from all those posting, I can only conclude "Me thinks something stinks on the Jewel".

I totally agree. I just contacted NCL. I use the email address posted through Facebook and in the past I have gotten a response in about 4 hours sometimes a day. If Jorge is implementing it on his own or is a jewel test then i hope to find out.:D

Please post any response that you receive. I think that there are a few of us interested in what NCL says about the "Washy Washy".

Last May on the Jewel to Alaska we only got 1 laundry slip even though both of us are Platinum. :(

Wowza! Sorta funny that it's been just this one ship for this long. Has me scratching my head and asking myself "what's up with that?"

Wowza! Sorta funny that it's been just this one ship for this long. Has me scratching my head and asking myself "what's up with that?"

Could it be that the 'behind-the-scene' crew on the Jewel aren't getting good DSC, even with the new formula, and unhappy - thus, finding unwarranted & little evil ways to let the pax know ?? :D :eek: - just saying, don't no huts with this.

Has anyone who directly experience it reported to corporate NCL for clarification and to get an explanation ?? It might not hurt but certainly won't make matters worst ...

Last May on the Jewel to Alaska we only got 1 laundry slip even though both of us are Platinum. :(

You don't use the slip included in the Platinum package with your laundry. Just mark the laundry ticket and an bag with Platinum and send it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Has anyone who is Platinum been on a longer cruise (14-28 days) recently and received multiple bags of laundry free? If so, which ship and how long ago?

Has anyone been charged for a second bag of laundry? Was there any discount for your Platinum status?

Once again it certainly sounds that Jorge is doing his own thing. As promised here is the response from NCL to my question about Latitudes Benefits;

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As of today, there are no changes at all to the Platinum benefits. Out of all the Platinum benefits, the only ones that are offered per stateroom and not per guest are the welcome gift, chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling wine. This is noted on the benefits grid – the following is a link to that grid on ncl.com for easy reference: http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits.

All other Platinum benefits are delivered as one per Platinum guest. So if there were 3 Platinum guests in one stateroom for example, each would receive a complimentary bag of laundry and specialty dinner for two.

Thank you.

3 more days to go. Happy Cruising :D:D

Once again it certainly sounds that Jorge is doing his own thing. As promised here is the response from NCL to my question about Latitudes Benefits;

Hello,

As of today, there are no changes at all to the Platinum benefits. Out of all the Platinum benefits, the only ones that are offered per stateroom and not per guest are the welcome gift, chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling wine. This is noted on the benefits grid – the following is a link to that grid on ncl.com for easy reference: http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits.

All other Platinum benefits are delivered as one per Platinum guest. So if there were 3 Platinum guests in one stateroom for example, each would receive a complimentary bag of laundry and specialty dinner for two.

Thank you.

Thank you for posting the reply. :)

Hello,

Thank you.

Make sure you take a copy of their response with you. I hope others that were cheated out of their benefits on the Jewel let Norwegian know about it. Someone needs to set Jorge straight.

thanks

Hello,

Thank you.

750062721_veryinteresting.jpg.3eb44e03bcf3f3a484dcc13ed0636e01.jpg

You don't use the slip included in the Platinum package with your laundry. Just mark the laundry ticket and an bag with Platinum and send it out.

I thought I remembered reading that before - but when we were on the Jewel in March - the Platinum slip specifically says to include it in your bag of laundry - so we did. We didn't have a need for two bags of laundry - so we didn't try the other.

Good to know the official NCL answer. Someone needs to complain onboard so maybe clarification can be made and it will get fixed.

Edited by Tricialy

I thought I remembered ... but when we were on the Jewel in March - the Platinum slip specifically says to include it in your bag of laundry - so we did. We didn't have a need for two bags of laundry - so we didn't try the other. Good to know the official NCL answer. Someone needs to complain onboard so maybe clarification can be made and it will get fixed.

We shouldn't even have to do that & complain onboard to address the matter and it's far easier for corporate HQ at MIA to simply email all Hotel Directors & Guest Services, Housekeeping heads, etc. that the policy remained in force now, and to not deviate. Besides, aren't they supposingly reading CC but if they wanted to be embarassed on the ship's Meet & Greet with a printed email response, then so be it ... :rolleyes: Clear, consistent & timely communications aren't known to be NCL's strengthen and areas for enhancement in customer services.

On a typical 7 day cruise, it takes effort on 2 passenger's part to come up with 2 bags full of laundry by day 3 or 4 to be washed & returned in time - on a longer cruise or B2B, it does matter and of course, for those cabins with 3 or more sailing since some of us are "packing" everyone into those staterooms with the deals lately.

Hello,

Thank you.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this issue. If you can make time before you depart, can you forward the email you received to me? That way I can print out a copy and take aboard Sun with me on Sunday.

If so, please forward to: BigNCBear@aol.com

Thanks and have a great cruise!

We shouldn't even have to do that & complain onboard to address the matter and it's far easier for corporate HQ at MIA to simply email all Hotel Directors & Guest Services, Housekeeping heads, etc. that the policy remained in force now, and to not deviate. Besides, aren't they supposingly reading CC but if they wanted to be embarassed on the ship's Meet & Greet with a printed email response, then so be it ... :rolleyes: Clear, consistent & timely communications aren't known to be NCL's strengthen and areas for enhancement in customer services.

On a typical 7 day cruise, it takes effort on 2 passenger's part to come up with 2 bags full of laundry by day 3 or 4 to be washed & returned in time - on a longer cruise or B2B, it does matter and of course, for those cabins with 3 or more sailing since some of us are "packing" everyone into those staterooms with the deals lately.

With all the recent fees, gratuities, service charges being implemented now by NCL i read here on cruise critic that in a recent Meet & Greet on the Star the officers did not allow any questions. I am wondering if that will be the case on my coming cruise. We will certainly see :)

With all the recent fees, gratuities, service charges being implemented now by NCL i read here on cruise critic that in a recent Meet & Greet on the Star the officers did not allow any questions. I am wondering if that will be the case on my coming cruise. We will certainly see :)

I must have missed that post in regard to the Star....do you have a link to that?

I did hear about it on the Breakaway and that was the first week they did the 'trial' room service charge.

Harriet

I must have missed that post in regard to the Star....do you have a link to that?

I did hear about it on the Breakaway and that was the first week they did the 'trial' room service charge.

Harriet

Hmmm maybe you are right! maybe it was the Breakaway thread. I read so many threads on here that i can't keep them straight. My apologies if that is the case.

Has anyone who is Platinum been on a longer cruise (14-28 days) recently and received multiple bags of laundry free? If so, which ship and how long ago?

Has anyone been charged for a second bag of laundry? Was there any discount for your Platinum status?

I was on the Star 15 days in January. ONE bag per platinum.

The Godiva chocolate box, was half the size of usual= 4 pieces, instead of the usual 8. - which I got on each of 5 NCL cruises last year.

We sent two bags of laundry (on separate days) on the March 8 sailing on the Epic. I don't recall if we had two vouchers but per the instructions we did not send the voucher with the laundry. We wrote platinum on it and totaled it out as 0.

Sent one bag with hubby's name and one with my name and we were not charged.

Could it be that the 'behind-the-scene' crew on the Jewel aren't getting good DSC, even with the new formula, and unhappy - thus, finding unwarranted & little evil ways to let the pax know ?? :D :eek: - just saying, don't no huts with this.

Has anyone who directly experience it reported to corporate NCL for clarification and to get an explanation ?? It might not hurt but certainly won't make matters worst ...

And last May on the Jewel we even had a big fight to get our 2nd bottle of sparkling wine. We both were Platinum and we were staying in a Haven Suite so we thought we would get 2 bottles of sparkling wine, but only got one. I think we finally got the concierge to get us the 2nd bottle but they kept on insisting that it was only 1 bottle per suite. :confused:

And last May on the Jewel we even had a big fight to get our 2nd bottle of sparkling wine. We both were Platinum and we were staying in a Haven Suite so we thought we would get 2 bottles of sparkling wine, but only got one. I think we finally got the concierge to get us the 2nd bottle but they kept on insisting that it was only 1 bottle per suite. :confused:

I see your point. One for the suite and one for Platinum! Makes perfect sense to me.

Rochelle