Internet fee for one time use to print return flight boarding pass

marcyjane

You have to buy a pkg of minutes plus an initial log on charge which is $3.95 last I checked. The exception to this is if you are platinum or above and the fee is waved and u get x amt of free minutes based on length of voyage. I didn't even bother using mine last month since we drove to port and I didn't need air line ck in.

Does anyone know how much a one time internet fee would be just to print your return flight boarding passes would be while on board the ship. Thanks

Will you be on the same cruise as us out of Long Beach? If so, I would be happy to print them for you as I have to print ours as well. I have free minutes so I don't mind doing it for you and it will save you some $$$$.

We have tried numerous times to print our return flight boarding passes while on the ship, and have never been able to print them. We were told it was because we went to a foreign port and would need to wait and print them at the airport. We always just wait to print them.

But, to answer your question. You can get a pay as you ho plan for the Internet, but it is expensive, and remember the Internet speed onboard is very, very slow. I thinking printing is around 50 cents per page. But, prices may have increased, idk.

Edited by redtogo

In all of our Princess cruises we've been able to print our boarding passes one time. All other times the internet was soooo slow that the airlines' websites have kicked me off. This was likely due to so many cruisers attempting to print their boarding passes within 24 hours of their flights.

We just use Princess' EZCheck service. For $20 each they'll print your boarding passes for you and provide special luggage service where your bags will be picked up the evening prior to disembarkation and delivered to the airport for you. The next time you'll see them is at your destination airport. Well worth the cost IMHO.

If your airline participates and other criteria are met, it's the best, most convenient way to go.

Lew

On Ruby in November the last day internet package was $8.99 for 15 minutes.

The one time I printed my boarding passes onboard a ship (not Princess) it took 24 minutes of internet time plus the printing fee--and this was not the last night when it could be even slower, the airline in question allowed check-in 48 hours in advance.

And these days unless you are not checking baggage there is no advantage to having pre-printed your boarding pass; just showing the printout with your booking number when you check in takes no more time. If you are flying an airline on which you must check-in the day before to ensure you are sitting together, the above advice of either using your phone or having someone at home do it for you is best.

On the CB a couple of weeks ago they had a last day special. I think it was $7.95 plus you had to pay for printing per page. Don't remember how much but I think it was $1.00 per page.

Why don't you get friendly with a Platinum or Elite passenger. I always have more minutes than I ever use and would be happy to let a nice person print their boarding passes.

I don't waste my time & internet minutes getting frustrated trying to check-in & printing boarding passes from the ship.

I would check-in from my mobile device if our flights were on an airline that charges a fee to pre-reserve a seat more than 24 hours in advance when it's free. Another option would be to have someone at home get our seat assignments & check us in.

Unless someone doesn't have checked luggage, there isn't a reason to print boarding passes from the ship. On most airlines when checking in luggage boarding passes are provide and I prefer to not deal with the frustration of trying to do it on the last day of my cruise. ;)

If flying SW we pay $12.50 each for Early Bird check-in 36 hours in advance to increase the odds of getting an "A" group boarding priority and get our boarding passes when checking in our luggage. Or as Lew suggested, pay $25 to use EZCheck to leave them outside your cabin & get them from the carousel at your destination.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Will you be on the same cruise as us out of Long Beach? If so, I would be happy to print them for you as I have to print ours as well. I have free minutes so I don't mind doing it for you and it will save you some $$$$.

Yes it looks that way our cruise leave San Pedro Port. Close to the Queen Mary That is so nice of you. We can meet in the internet area. Our flights are at 3:45 pm Saturday so I have to print them at that time there are 3 of us.

Highly unusual for a Princess cruise to embark in Long Beach. I just searched "Find a Cruise" and Long Beach wasn't listed as an option.

San Pedro, Pier 93 Crown Princess - 7 day California coastal. I've never had a problem with printing our boarding passes.

@marcyjane: Our flight leaves at 1:00 from LAX, so I'll be in the internet cafe around 12:45 to get signed on and ready to check in and print them out. Let me know if you want to do this, it's no problem for me.

Ellieaire

San Pedro and Long Beach are two different cities some miles apart. They each have a port. This has caused confusion for people in the past.

If you cross over the bridge, you're in Long Beach. Actually, my boarding pass says Los Angeles, then San Pedro. Yes it's a bit confusing - especially if you're booking a hotel. One time we had to board in San Pedro instead of Long Beach. They bussed us over, it was somdewhat of a nightmare.

I give it a go later in the evening. I only check in. We will be leaving the ship in San Francisco and have a late flight. Hoping that Princess has a post cruise tour. The last "Live From" by MJNSTR, he advised that they did have a tour and drop off at the airport. Nothing showing on my Personalizer yet, so I am hoping that this is something that is done once your are on board and not before you sail.:) I will keep checking though.

I did find out that there is no EZ check in San Francisco either. That was a bummeruski. :D

ellair, how nice of you to volunteer your minutes. My DH never uses all his minutes, so if anyone on the April 29th Star to Hawaii needs minutes to check in, we will do the same.

Yes it looks that way our cruise leave San Pedro Port. Close to the Queen Mary That is so nice of you. We can meet in the internet area. Our flights are at 3:45 pm Saturday so I have to print them at that time there are 3 of us.

San Pedro is approx 6 miles from the Queen Mary which is in Long Beach.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Be aware that the Queen Mary is next to the Long Beach port, NOT San Pedro.... It's probably a 10-15 minutes drive.