new to RCI -some questions (well many lol

Booked for the med in july on the Rhapsody.Just starting to plan now we are new to RCI so some questions

1.Is there a drinks package that includes Powerade and or J20

2 Is there anything wrong in getting the replenish package (dd) or select (dh as he will mainly have wine and beer) and buying shots of rum to add to non alc cocktails - how much would a shot be now. ( esp for dd as she can only manage 1 alco drink a day)- I do not want to embarrass myself and be breaking any rules

3. How sweet are the non alco cocktails - can I bring rum flavouring (non alco baking stuff ) to tone down the sweetness - do they have reduced sugar versions of the mixers - or will they make from fruit ( eldest dd is diabetic)

4. Also if I have the premium package would I be able to either get my cocktails weaker if I find them too strong or order a non alco version along side it to mix in.

5. We like our wine - is there any decent wine under the $8 lol - if dh gets select and under the $12 if I get the premium.

6. Can my 18 year old have a cocktail - I have read mixed messages on this on RCI - as states that they can drink in the med, but seems to suggest wine/ beer only - she doesn't drink yet and hates any wine and beer we have let her sip - but I planed to treat her and get her the odd cocktail to try - DH will finish if she doesn't

7. Do the night time venues allow 18 year olds in so that my 2 girls can go to them together.

8. What age can is an adult wrt solarium 18 yrs ok I hope?

9. What is the breakfast room service menu like does it do coffee, any gluten free stuff on it. We usually use this on port days

10 Is the mdr open for breakfast every day

11. Do they do afternoon teas in MDR (or elsewhere).

12 . Is earl grey tea available (breakfast, mdr/ room)

13 . Is icecream/ frozen yogurt and or fruit free and available throughout the day (we usually skip lunch and have frozen yogurt and fresh fruit)

Edited by fragilek

Can help with some questions.

If the cruise is based out of the US, the drinking age for all alcohol will be 21.

18 year olds can do anything on the ship, except for drinking alcoholic beverages as mentioned above.

The Solarium is restricted to 16 and over.

The MDR does breakfast every day.

Also if I have the premium package would I be able to either get my cocktails weaker if I find them too strong or order a non alco version along side it to mix in.

Don't worry about your drinks being too strong. They have cut back on their alcohol content.

There are afternoon snacks in the Windjammer buffet. It is nothing like the English tea time! There are many flavors of tea bags available in the Windjammer, and you can order tea in the main dining room. Don't know if this includes earl grey.

1.Is there a drinks package that includes Powerade and or J20

2 Is there anything wrong in getting the replenish package (dd) or select (dh as he will mainly have wine and beer) and buying shots of rum to add to non alc cocktails

3. How sweet are the non alco cocktails - can I bring rum flavouring (non alco baking stuff ) to tone down the sweetness - do they have reduced sugar versions of the mixers - or will they make from fruit ( eldest dd is diabetic)

4. Also if I have the premium package would I be able to either get my cocktails weaker if I find them too strong or order a non alco version along side it to mix in.

7. Do the night time venues allow 18 year olds in so that my 2 girls can go to them together.

9. What is the breakfast room service menu like does it do coffee, any gluten free stuff on it. We usually use this on port days

12 . Is earl grey tea available (breakfast, mdr/ room)

13 . Is icecream/ frozen yogurt and or fruit free and available throughout the day (we usually skip lunch and have frozen yogurt and fresh fruit)

Interesting questions! Not normally what newbies ask. I have answered what I can.

1. There is Powerade in the Coke Freestyle machines with the soda package, but can't recall if Enchantment has Freestyle machines. You'll be able to find that one with a quick search of the board.

2. Wrong? Not that I know of. IF you are unsure just ask the bartender or server, they'll tell you.

3. Don't see why not. The drinks that I have seen are made using mixers. Can't say about the non-sugar versions.

4. I'd try the full strength version first, but otherwise I'm sure they can put in less alcohol. However per #2, the lower package with virgin cocktails and buying shots is probably cheaper.

7. Most regular stuff is okay for teens. They will warn you about what is recommended adults only, but IMO 18 year olds will still be fine.

9. There is a limited breakfast menu for room service, but I'm sure they can accomdate special dining needs. I would check ahead of time though.

12. Yes. There are "herbal" teas put out in the Windjammer and at the MDR they will bring around a box of teas. Generally they will remember the type of tea you prefer after the first night and will always bring it.

13. There is normally fruit on the buffet (be sure to check when it will be open) and soft serve ice cream machines are either on the pool deck or in the Windjammer.

Yes, on Med cruises 18 year olds are treated as adults in all respects and can do the same as you, including all alcoholic drinks.

Yes they have earl grey in MDR, not sure about room service but if you ask your waiter in the MDR to bring some extra tea bags you can take them back to the room to use for breakfast (you just get a jug of hot water and tea bags if you order tea). If you are fussy about your tea (my DH is) bring some tea bags from home!

Both of the above are from experience.

I'm not sure they do J2O, at least I've never seen it.

They don't have a proper English style afternoon tea anywhere on RCL, they do have some snacks in the Windjammer late afternoon.

Julie

The "mixer" is included in the drink price...so you will, in effect" be paying twice for your cocktail....either upgrade to the package that allows a cocktail, or just pay for a mixed drink when you want one!

Depends on the cocktail...how sweet it is! Things with a lot of "fruit" are sweeter than, say, a vodka tonic, or rum and coke! If diabetics are going to drink alcohol, then do it without a mixer that contains sugar...the alcohol is MORE than enough sugar!!!!

No..you have to be 21 to drink on the ship. Pretty much anyone can go to any venue....

Yes..MDR has breakfast every day...lunch is only on sea days in the MDR. Teabags are avail. in both the DR and buffet. Many different choices. Frozen yogurt is in the buffet. In the DR they have real ice cream on the dessert menu nightly.

1. There is Powerade in the Coke Freestyle machines with the soda package, but can't recall if Enchantment has Freestyle machines. You'll be able to find that one with a quick search of the board.

They are going on the Rhapsody. Where has the Enchantment come from:confused::D