Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

Thanks for reading. The Pride is our favorite ship. Can't wait to sail on her again next February!!

Hey Jimbo!! We did a New Year's cruise on the Pride 5 years ago. We had a blast!!!

Hey Jeff, this will be our second NYE cruise (did the Breeze year before last and LOVED it).

Oh my, I absolutely enjoyed your most entertaining and educational review!!

We are leaving this Sunday on the Pride. It is our 4th cruise, but has been 11yrs since our last:eek:, so I have been nervous and going thru CC like crazy to get familiar and learn what I can. :D

Thanks so much for putting all the time and effort in this review! It was extremely helpful, and has me super excited to set sail on Sunday on the PRIDE!!

Oh my, I absolutely enjoyed your most entertaining and educational review!!

We are leaving this Sunday on the Pride. It is our 4th cruise, but has been 11yrs since our last:eek:, so I have been nervous and going thru CC like crazy to get familiar and learn what I can. :D

Thanks so much for putting all the time and effort in this review! It was extremely helpful, and has me super excited to set sail on Sunday on the PRIDE!!

WOW!!! I can feel your excitement. Glad you enjoyed the review and found it helpful. Have a GREAT cruise!!

JW if anyone has pictures of the interior w French doors or thoughts on it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

go on youtube, search for carnival pride french door room, click on the second video the 2:04 one. Really good walk through of the cabin.

Jeff,

Can you answer my questions please?

I posted this on another board but no answer yet, and we leave this weekend.:eek:

We have not cruised in several years and I cant remember what we did about being off ship with ID, S&S card, and money we had on us while doing excursions that were in the water.

We are taking our 15 yr old who wants to do some of the water excursions and of course hubby and I are doing them with him, so when you are on these excursions and yes we did book thru Carnival.

Are there safe places to store these things while on excursions?

Or what do you do with them?

One excursion we are doing is swimming with dolphins in Freeport, the other is Sting rays in HMC.

Grand Turk we are going on segways so I can keep those things in my pockets.

One other thing, did you take your passport off boat, or did you use your driver's license when off boat? And if we dont take passports off boat what do we use for ID for 15yr old? Student ID from school?

Thanks for any advice, or info!!

Jeff,

Can you answer my questions please?

I posted this on another board but no answer yet, and we leave this weekend.:eek:

We have not cruised in several years and I cant remember what we did about being off ship with ID, S&S card, and money we had on us while doing excursions that were in the water.

We are taking our 15 yr old who wants to do some of the water excursions and of course hubby and I are doing them with him, so when you are on these excursions and yes we did book thru Carnival.

Are there safe places to store these things while on excursions?

Or what do you do with them?

One excursion we are doing is swimming with dolphins in Freeport, the other is Sting rays in HMC.

Grand Turk we are going on segways so I can keep those things in my pockets.

One other thing, did you take your passport off boat, or did you use your driver's license when off boat? And if we dont take passports off boat what do we use for ID for 15yr old? Student ID from school?

Thanks for any advice, or info!!

Happy to try and help. On most water excursions there will be a secure place or lockers to store your things. You can also purchase those water tight containers that you wear around your neck.

When you leave the ship you will need to have your Sail & Sign card and a photo id. We always take our passports because if God forbid something happens, and you miss the ship, without them it will be a nightmare to get a flight back into the US.

Thank you for writing this! I take my second cruise on the Pride in July, and it was great reading about your views on this route. She's such a lovely ship and crew.

Glad you enjoyed the review, and enjoy your return to the Pride.

I noticed in your signature that you sailed on the Cunard Countess in 1987. I sailed on the Countess in May of 1987 on a 7 day southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan.

:cool:Thanks so much for the info!!

Since I read your review I am not as worried about some of the negative I read on here. Thanks again for taking the time to write such an extensive review!!:D

You and Mitsugirly prompted us to book the Pride from Baltimore in January 2018. That's quite a ways out but we have other land trips and a Grandeur cruise this fall, so that helps.

I have made a note of your tips, etc. for our Pride cruise.

I have been to Somerset. NJ! An old boyfriend was from Dunellen, Nj, so I know the area fairly well.

Edited by Bookish Angel

:cool:Thanks so much for the info!!

Since I read your review I am not as worried about some of the negative I read on here. Thanks again for taking the time to write such an extensive review!!:D

Have a GREAT cruise! Let us know how it went when you get back.

You and Mitsugirly prompted us to book the Pride from Baltimore in January 2018. That's quite a ways out but we have other land trips and a Grandeur cruise this fall, so that helps.

I have made a note of your tips, etc. for our Pride cruise.

I have been to Somerset. NJ! An old boyfriend was from Dunellen, Nj, so I know the area fairly well.

Thanks for reading, and am glad that you found my review, and Kim's (Mitsugirly), helpful.

Let us know if you are ever in the area again. :)

As an Australian I am unlikely to ever cruise the Bahamas but have read several of your reviews and just love them! We sailed our (to date) one and only cruise on the Legend and really liked the feel of that ship. The Pride of course is very similar.

Thanks for the fun, love your reviews.

As an Australian I am unlikely to ever cruise the Bahamas but have read several of your reviews and just love them! We sailed our (to date) one and only cruise on the Legend and really liked the feel of that ship. The Pride of course is very similar.

Those are the Spirit sisters: Miracle, Legend, Spirit and Pride. I personally have a soft spot for the Spirit because she was our lst aft wrap balcony and I LOVE her colors. ;)

We had our lst aft wrap back in 2003. It was a well kept secret at the time, I believe. DH just happened to book it. We had no idea what the actual cabin was going to be like. We still paid the SAME PRICE as a "regular balcony cabin." We had cabin 8268. Well.....we opened that door and WHAM. I was spoiled forever! Booked the same cabin for all our spirit class cruises. Loved being one deck below Lido so I could run up and down to pool, buffet, etc. I would get up early, take a walk around the top decks, grab a tray (yes, in those days they had trays~!) with coffee and fruit and bring it down and watch the sun rise from our balcony. If DH wanted to sleep in, I didn't have to disturb him. CCL became wise to the popularity, so over the years, of course, they have upgraded the category so they are much more $ now, but I wish everyone could experience just one cruise on a spirit class ship aft wrap! BEWARE you are going to be spoiled forever! :p:D;) BON VOYAGE!

Glad you enjoyed the review, and enjoy your return to the Pride.

I noticed in your signature that you sailed on the Cunard Countess in 1987. I sailed on the Countess in May of 1987 on a 7 day southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan.

Yep - ours was from San Juan as well - I want to say we had a port every day (although the first day was a 1/2 day). It was my very first cruise. We arrived in SJ very late due to Eastern Airlines strike. They pulled gang plank up behind us as we crossed!

Thanks for reading!! A cruise to/from Australia is on our bucket list!! :) We sailed on the Legend 3 times when she was based in New York. Loved that ship!!

Those are the Spirit sisters: Miracle, Legend, Spirit and Pride. I personally have a soft spot for the Spirit because she was our lst aft wrap balcony and I LOVE her colors. ;)

The Spirit is the one sister that we never got to sail on. Guess we'll have to go down under and sail her!! :D

The Spirit is the one sister that we never got to sail on. Guess we'll have to go down under and sail her!! :D

Well, Jamman, you finally got me on the Pride, so I will just have to work on getting you and Patti on the Spirit! :D;) Of all the spirit class ships, she had the prettiest and most "subdued" colors/decor.

Yep - ours was from San Juan as well - I want to say we had a port every day (although the first day was a 1/2 day). It was my very first cruise. We arrived in SJ very late due to Eastern Airlines strike. They pulled gang plank up behind us as we crossed!

As I remember our itinerary was this: San Juan - Sea Day - La Guiara (Caracas) - Grenada - Barbados - Martinique - St. Thomas - San Juan.

I was so tired after that cruise that I swore I would never do a port intensive cruise again, and I haven't!! :)