Allure Entertainment in Europe

My DH and I will be be on the Allure this summer cruising the Mediterranean. Entertainment is now available to be booked. The problem/question is, they are not listing a production show. I had read/heard that they will be switching from Chicago to Mama Mia. Mama Mia is not listed. Has anyone else had that problem? Does anyone know why? Are they not running a production show while the ship is in Europe?

I am on the Oct 15 sailing and in the same situation. I booked all my entertainment minus the production show. It seems there is some confusion as to what to expect from Allure when she emerges from dry dock, including the production show. I heard it was going to be Mama Mia. I'm thinking we will find out after dry dock. I also heard that she was getting the Coastal Kitchen, but I don't have it available to book along with my other dining reservations and I am in an Owner's suite. The deck plans on the web site for post May still look the same too. I'm very curious what this dry dock will bring. There is very little clear information at this point.

I am on the Oct 15 sailing and in the same situation. I booked all my entertainment minus the production show. It seems there is some confusion as to what to expect from Allure when she emerges from dry dock, including the production show. I heard it was going to be Mama Mia. I'm thinking we will find out after dry dock. I also heard that she was getting the Coastal Kitchen, but I don't have it available to book along with my other dining reservations and I am in an Owner's suite. The deck plans on the web site for post May still look the same too. I'm very curious what this dry dock will bring. There is very little clear information at this point.

I had wondered the same thing. We are on the Allure leaving Barcelona on the 19th of May and no show. I thought maybe because she had just come out of refurbishment or because it's only a 5 night cruise. However, they are picking up pax from our stop in Rome for 7 night (2nd day). So, I don't know what the story is .... if anyone knows, I'd be interested too :)

Wow - you are able to book shows for your OCT cruise. I was thinking the same thing about dry dock. Maybe they will wait. Adding a Coastal Kitchen would be neat. I know that they may be changing some things that they did to the Oasis as it did not work out so well.

I enjoyed Chicago when I was on the Allure a few years ago. When I heard that they were changing show, I was really looking forward to Mama Mia. I guess we will keep checking. Not sure if calling RCCL will help as they may not know either.

This the exact words at their e mail:

"Thank you for giving me time to look into your concerns.

I have confirmed that the information you previously received is correct. Neither Chicago nor Mama Mia! will be performed during your cruise. This is due to the fact that during the transition from Chicago to Mama Mia!, we will be removing and installing sets, scenery, and costumes, plus we will be bringing on new performers. This process is quite complex and prevents us from having Mama Mia! ready to perform during this time. "

We will be sailing on Allure at the end of June.

My understanding is that Chicago will end when Allure goes into dry dock, and Mama Mia will begin on June 14. There will be no main show between these dates, and Coastal Kitchen will be open for business to Suite guests after dry dock..

We were able today to book our entertainment and dining times for our Med cruise October 4th. Quite surprised since it's 6 months out. On our day in Rome NO dining times were available in either the My Time Dining or other restaurants.......all booked so far in advance? No problem booking entertainment, but the only times available were 9:00 pm or later.

We were able today to book our entertainment and dining times for our Med cruise October 4th. Quite surprised since it's 6 months out. On our day in Rome NO dining times were available in either the My Time Dining or other restaurants.......all booked so far in advance? No problem booking entertainment, but the only times available were 9:00 pm or later.

My DH said that they seem to release the entertainment in stages/blocks so maybe the new set they just released goes through OCT. I wonder if there are no dining times in Rome as that is a port where some people are getting off and others on. The shows on our August cruise were at 7:30, 9:30 and late night Comedy.

I believe Coastal Kitchen is not available for pre-booking.

We will be sailing on Allure at the end of June.

My understanding is that Chicago will end when Allure goes into dry dock, and Mama Mia will begin on June 14. There will be no main show between these dates, and Coastal Kitchen will be open for business to Suite guests after dry dock...

There have been a number of other sources and reports stating the very same thing.

Guess we'll know/see soon enough.

My DH said that they seem to release the entertainment in stages/blocks so maybe the new set they just released goes through OCT. I wonder if there are no dining times in Rome as that is a port where some people are getting off and others on. The shows on our August cruise were at 7:30, 9:30 and late night Comedy.

Yes, I think you're right about Rome, since passengers will also be embarking and disembarking that day as well as the rest of us doing excursions. We'll take care of it when we're on the ship.

Yes, I think you're right about Rome, since passengers will also be embarking and disembarking that day as well as the rest of us doing excursions. We'll take care of it when we're on the ship.

We are also booked on Allure this summer, travelling at the end of august. I have no issue booking My Time Dining on our day in Rome. Pretty much all slots between 5:30-9:30 are available. :confused:

We are also booked on Allure this summer, travelling at the end of august. I have no issue booking My Time Dining on our day in Rome. Pretty much all slots between 5:30-9:30 are available. :confused:

Thanks for letting me know this. I just tried again today and all dining times are closed for Rome. I'll just keep checking and perhaps times will open up closer to sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked in a GS for June Allure sailing out of Barcelona. Our three children 16-22 are booked in a balcony room. Will the suite lounge permit them to enter if they are with my wife and I?

Thanks!

Probably, they used to allow children in the Concierge Lounge, and I assume they will adopt the same policy in the Suite Lounge.

There have been a number of other sources and reports stating the very same thing.

Guess we'll know/see soon enough.

This is from an email I received on 4/28 ...

We are proud to present Tell Me on a Sunday on the Allure of the Seas from May 19, 2015 to June 21, 2015. On June 21, 2015, the hit show Mama Mia will debut.

It's strange that they still haven't updated the website yet (ie it still says Chicago). Maybe they are either waiting for dry dock to be completed, or for June 21st sailing?

Unfortunately, not strange at all for Royal's website to be lacking in current updates.

Edited by clarea