When do the Christmas decorations......

....appear on the ships?? Will be cruising on Freedom Dec. 10-18, 2016 (oh my god that's so far away!!!) :eek: and was wondering will the ship be decorated already or does that happen after we get off the ship and only the folks who pay that holiday premium pricing get to see it?? It would be fun to see the tree and the decorations plus the pictures would be fun. Hoping you Christmas cruisers will be able to help me out. Thanks all!! Jim

....appear on the ships?? Will be cruising on Freedom Dec. 10-18, 2016 (oh my god that's so far away!!!) :eek: and was wondering will the ship be decorated already or does that happen after we get off the ship and only the folks who pay that holiday premium pricing get to see it?? It would be fun to see the tree and the decorations plus the pictures would be fun. Hoping you Christmas cruisers will be able to help me out. Thanks all!! Jim

They start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, and it takes days before they are done.

They start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, and it takes days before they are done.

Great to see each day which part of the ship has been decorated.

Then when the big tree is up get your photo taken with it in the background.

Thank you. I'm guessing then that there will be a fair amount up by the time we get onboard and even more 8 days later so that is wonderful. Definitely looking forward to seeing the ship decorated even though we won't be onboard for Christmas.

It always amazes me how long it takes to set them up, but the day after New Years, they're all gone.

May I suggest two professional pictures by the "big" tree. One in beach/casual clothes and one with your dressy/formal ware. They will print Christmas cards on board that you can mail out when you get back. The casual picture was for us. The formal one we had made into cards letting friends and family know that we had celebrated our anniversary on board:D:D

We sailed Dec 7th on Freedom last year. The large decorations, like Christmas trees and geust relations deco, were done. During the week they added the Poinsettias to complete the look. You can see some pictures in my FOS review, if you want a sneak peek... :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137938

We love cruising over Christmas week. As you can see by the links in my sig, we have done it a few times already and have another Christmas week cruise booked for this December.

It's a great time for a cruise!

We have the Indy booked for 4 nights leaving Dec. 24th (my DH hasn't totally bought into this plan because we are on the Oasis Dec. 5 - 12th but I have months try and talk him into it :)). Are there any special events on the ship on Christmas Day? We have sailed in December many times and seen the tree, poinsettias, Santa and his sleigh -- all lovely but wondering if there is anything extra special on Christmas Day.

Thank you.

We have cruised many times over Thanksgiving weekend and when we board the ship on the Friday after Thanksgiving -- the Holiday Decorations are in full swing....and by the end of the weekend the ship has been all decked out. It makes for a very festive mood, all around and for some -- good picture taking opportunities.

Others have covered it pretty well, but just want to add that it differs for every ship. The decorations are stored shoreside and ships that are nearby to the logistics center will have an easier time getting everything at the right time (they seem to aim for first week of December for everything set up). US-based ships do best since the logistics center is based near the head office in Miami.

Christmas decorations will be loaded on at the beginning of one cruise and installation will be complete within about a week. Taking things down always takes less time than putting them up, so they are able to take down the same decorations in about 3-4 days and land them for storage following New Year's.

Are there any special events on the ship on Christmas Day? We have sailed in December many times and seen the tree, poinsettias, Santa and his sleigh -- all lovely but wondering if there is anything extra special on Christmas Day.

Thank you.

Yes, there is a special ice skating show with a Christmas theme. It's fantastic and we never miss it. My wife took some pictures (without flash) at one show for her website.

I'll insert a link below. It has background music that she added, so if you have speakers, you may want to turn them up and then click on the link below.

Mariner of the Seas Christmas Day Ice Skating Show

Christmas cruises are wonderful!

We sailed Dec 7th on Freedom last year. The large decorations, like Christmas trees and geust relations deco, were done. During the week they added the Poinsettias to complete the look. You can see some pictures in my FOS review, if you want a sneak peek... :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137938

Thank you for the link!! I will go through all of it and look forward to seeing your pictures :) This is going to be a family and friends cruise plus my girl and I are getting married on St. Kitts so it will be fun to have Christmas pictures in addition to the ship and wedding pictures. We are bringing our photographer with us so we'll have 8 days of pictorial documentation of an exciting week hahaha:D Thank you to all who replied and happy cruising!!! Jim