Jamies on Anthem

Help me here....

We reserved and PAID $30/pp already. Certainly they can't change something we already paid for can they? Others are right....it was a struggle to get the times we wanted at the time we made the initial dining reservations. Certainly now anything we'd want any where near the times we need is gone so re-booking another venue is not an option.

Sure, they can simply cancel your booking, give you a full refund, and say you have to book again using the new terms. Hopefully they will honor the terms under which you purchased, but they could cancel if the want.

Pizza in sorrentos in the early hours of the morning.

HANDSOME !!!

Ironic ........ you'll pay a bomb for an Italian dish endorsed in a restaurant from a bloke that's not even Italian !!

Bring back the galloping gourmet !!

Sure, they can simply cancel your booking, give you a full refund, and say you have to book again using the new terms. Hopefully they will honor the terms under which you purchased, but they could cancel if the want.

bob ..... I love your confidence in the product and the way it all works.

are you a travel agent ??

do you work for royal Caribbean or something ??

do they pay you for not saying a bad thing against them ??

are you admin

bob ..... I love your confidence in the product and the way it all works.

are you a travel agent ??

do you work for royal Caribbean or something ??

do they pay you for not saying a bad thing against them ??

are you admin

I do not work for Royal, do not get paid by Royal (on the contrary:eek:), nor am I a travel agent.

They can't unless you agree to break the contract! They could if you had not paid up front but it is a clear breach of contract under law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They can't unless you agree to break the contract! They could if you had not paid up front but it is a clear breach of contract under law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who's law? Surely, you know, Royal Caribbean operates under it's own law.:rolleyes: How many times has someone booked a cruise and then the cruise is cancelled because the ship gets chartered? As long as people put up with this, it will keep happening.:mad:

I'm sure there are some corporate wiggle words in the current contract about aspects of the cruise that can change without notice.

I can't wait to hear from the cruisers going on the Anthem in the next weeks. I would love to hear what happens to the people that booked for Jaime's. I guess until they report on what happened, we can only speculate.

We are booked on the Anthem for next March and I wanted to treat my extended family to lunch or dinner. But if it is a la carte prices, I won't do it.

I can't wait to hear from the cruisers going on the Anthem in the next weeks. I would love to hear what happens to the people that booked for Jaime's. I guess until they report on what happened, we can only speculate.

We are booked on the Anthem for next March and I wanted to treat my extended family to lunch or dinner. But if it is a la carte prices, I won't do it.

I'm on in about 5-6 weeks but things may change between now and then.i decided to just cancel night 1 at Jamie's so I have absolutely no uncertainty. If things change by June 1, I could always re book. Otherwise Izumi is awesome even at a la carte pricing and I have no problem with the Windjammer or maybe just walk in any of the comp. restaurants. No worries. Italian food is a dime a dozen. Jamie's is probably no better than Carrabas or Macaroni Grill

I booked this last August when the price was cheaper.I booked this for my 35th birthday.I wanted to try the Lasagne as I love it.I can't see it on the menu now has it gone?If it has I'm going to cancel and book Chops Grill instead.

One of our ship mates on my June 1 cruise on Anthem just said the RCL rep for informed him that those who pre paid will be honored at the fixed price. A la carte is only for new bookings. I HOPED that is the final answer, although it doesn't help me as I already canceled. I really would enjoy Izumi better anyway. I'm Italian so I've had my fill of the best Italian food all my life-my Mom's home cooking lol

My TA emailed the RCi rep who was onboard at the the time today and happened to be at Jamie Oliver's. He advised anyone who has booked and paid will be honoured which is good as I have booked this twice. Hope this helps

Help me here....

We reserved and PAID $30/pp already. Certainly they can't change something we already paid for can they? Others are right....it was a struggle to get the times we wanted at the time we made the initial dining reservations. Certainly now anything we'd want any where near the times we need is gone so re-booking another venue is not an option.

2nd phone call my TA made was a little clearer and she spoke to a cruise planner, he said all existing reservations with cover charge paid would be honored but any reservations made from now on would be a la carte pricing - she then asked him to confirm this in writing to me which he has done, so anyone with existing reservations should have nothing to worry about.

Wow this is great news! I just booked and paid about two weeks ago and actually intended to call and cancel over the weekend based on this thread but never got around to it. Does anyone know if there are going to be any restrictions placed on ordering for those of us who made the reservations before the change?

Personally I disagree, we have been lots and never had a bad meal. It is also the closest I have found to real Italian cooking in the UK - just my opinion.

However I wouldn't pay the same price on board as I can pay at home. At the fixed price it was a deal - these a la carte prices are no deal.

I agree with you re the quality. Best "real Italian" I've found in Australia as well.

Raina

Could it be that given Anthem is in the UK for the summer, and Jamie's land restaurants are UK based, that they are switching it to a la carte to match land restaurants until it leaves the UK? They would not want their version of Jamie's to price differently then the other locations in the area I would assume. Anyone with a Bayonne departure Anthem trip see a la carte pricing for Jamie's on their booking?

Anyone else already booked and paid for Speciality on upcoming Anthem cruises and yesterday received an Email from Royal Caribbean offering 50% of speciality dining in the form of an onboard credit if booked between 17th April and 8th May.

If so, have you contacted them to cancel and rebook or have they arranged to credit the difference?

Thanks