Bartender pooled tips?

Hapytocruise

Ok I will start the debate that has been going on and shouldn't really be our concern.

All of the TIPS are POOLED. At the end of the cruise all of the TIPS are counted and then various amounts are put into weighted capsules and then thrown into the employee's swimming pool. They have a free for all diving and scrambling for the capsules. There is a 2 minute time limit. The amount of capsules that they collected gives them more opportunity to make more but it all depends on how lucky they are as some will have larger amounts then others, and there are more with less than with the big prize. They have been complaints about males making more so they now make sure that each female gets at least 2 capsules.

All remaining capsules are giving to the staff officers.

My answer is as good as any other answer as no one knows.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

Ok I will start the debate that has been going on and shouldn't really be our concern.

All of the TIPS are POOLED. At the end of the cruise all of the TIPS are counted and then various amounts are put into weighted capsules and then thrown into the employee's swimming pool. They have a free for all diving and scrambling for the capsules. There is a 2 minute time limit. The amount of capsules that they collected gives them more opportunity to make more but it all depends on how lucky they are as some will have larger amounts then others, and there are more with less than with the big prize. They have been complaints about males making more so they now make sure that each female gets at least 2 capsules.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I was given to understand that the employees swimming pool is no more because the area is being converted into exclusive use for the suite guests. In the future the weighted capsules will instead be thrown into the captains bath. Anyone who dares get in the bath will be arrested for insubordination and thus the captain gets all the tips. :)

We don't need many of the threads that are started. If based on need, the board would be pretty inactive

I would respectfully disagree with that assessment. There are great, informative threads started here, all the time. One of the things that I love about CC is that I learn something new, just about every day. :cool:

I would respectfully disagree with that assessment. There are great, informative threads started here, all the time. One of the things that I love about CC is that I learn something new, just about every day. :cool:

Fine, but the opening post was ... Um ... Just um.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Cute. That brought a smile to my face.

Fine, but the opening post was ... Um ... Just um.

LOL -- I hit "post" before I really finished my thought. It should have read something like: I see great, informative threads here every day -- unfortunately, this is not one of them...

We only tip if our therapy animal is served fresh squeezed orange juice at the bar. However if we are charged $16 plus the 18% gratuity to up grade our free classic package we will not tip extra.

Edited by Iamcruzin