Harmony price

I just did a mock booking for 12/2016 Eastern on the Harmony. CatD2. $2800.00 for 7 days. It's getting so I can't afford Royal anymore. I'm booked on another new ship, the Carnival Vista for $800.00 less. Next will probably be MSC or even Celebrity for less.

RC demands a large premium for the new ships. They've been doing this as long as I can remember, so it obviously has worked for them. I recommend waiting for the novelty to wear off - prices will drop as the demand drops.

Carnival must not be able to charge "double" for its new ships based on their market, otherwise they would. We sailed Breeze when it 1st came for little more than any other Carnival ship. Carnival does a appear to demand a premium for its new Princess ships.

The good news - there's a lot of new ships coming. When the price is "right" we will sail. Let us know how the Vista cruise goes. We may book if the reviews are positive

I'm booked on harmony and in all honesty, I paid more for Oasis and Allure when they first came out. I find Harmony to be much more reasonable than some Anthem sailings.

Harmony is definitely much more reasonably priced. I honestly thought it would be higher.

Anthem is crazy high. 12 night Christmas/New years cruise insides are $2400pp and balconies are starting at over $3200pp:eek:

Harmony is definitely much more reasonably priced. I honestly thought it would be higher.

Anthem is crazy high. 12 night Christmas/New years cruise insides are $2400pp and balconies are starting at over $3200pp:eek:

Everything at Christmas and New Years is crazy high. A few weeks ago either oasis or allure was $20,000 for a JS for 4 people the week of New Years. That's just nuts

RC demands a large premium for the new ships. They've been doing this as long as I can remember, so it obviously has worked for them. I recommend waiting for the novelty to wear off - prices will drop as the demand drops.

Agreed. Its just now getting to where Allure is in my budget and right now thats only an inside cabin too but I want to experience an Oasis class ship so.

Couldnt even think about her before. Especially when she was brand new. :eek:

Exactly!!! Just booked Indy and a possible future Freedom. The novelty has definitely worn off on them and when they first came out everyone thought how pricey they were!! Price is right on both cruises and they go to the same places Harmony and the bigger girls do!!

For us Harmony and Allure are the same price for Spring Break 2017. I compared a D5 balcony on the 2 ships. Allure had higher prices but the BOGO was applied. No BOGO on Harmony, but the prices were lower. The final price between the 2 ships leaving Fort Lauderdale on the same weekend was within $2.00. Price was about $1330 a person, not a steal but about average of the price we have paid on Oasis/Allure for the last couple of years at Spring Break. The fare on Oasis out of Port Canaveral was about $100 higher. I'll continue to watch the price over the next few years looking for a lower price. For now, I'm booked on Harmony but I'll jump ship of prices on Allure drop.

Hello again -

The best value in cruises right now is NCL Getaway - provided you take advantage of the included drink package. This is NCLs newest ship - it has great reviews so far. I will pass on the current Anthem prices. One thing I have learned - History will repeat itself at some point. Demand, economy, or the next "crisis" will eventually drive harmony and anthem pricing lower. They are not going to sale empty.

Hello again -

The best value in cruises right now is NCL Getaway - provided you take advantage of the included drink package. This is NCLs newest ship - it has great reviews so far. I will pass on the current Anthem prices. One thing I have learned - History will repeat itself at some point. Demand, economy, or the next "crisis" will eventually drive harmony and anthem pricing lower. They are not going to sale empty.

I hope you are correct. If the prices drop, I will be back for the price reductions on RCL

While I booked late and did not pay the extra extravagant prices for the first 8-day voyage of Quantum, that experience has taught me patience for booking new ships at a premium. It was fun being on the newest ship, but for the price we had a nothing itinerary (only stops ended up being Canaveral and Nassau) and Royal did very little to make the experience special.

I just did a mock booking for 12/2016 Eastern on the Harmony. CatD2. $2800.00 for 7 days. It's getting so I can't afford Royal anymore. I'm booked on another new ship, the Carnival Vista for $800.00 less. Next will probably be MSC or even Celebrity for less.

Timing is everything and when you see a great price you must book immediately. When Oasis & Allure came out an outside balcony was 2400 pp so last year we finally got on the Oasis for $749 & $949 b2b and this year we are doing the Allure. On April 2nd when I saw an outside balcony for 1169 pp on Harmony for Dec 10, 2016 with no foolish bogo or wow sale which allowed me to use an old next cruise giving me $100 obc and allowing me to use a $250 diamond discount I snatched it up and called my cruise buddies. I feel sure the price will only increase every month it gets closer to my sailing. New ship, new dining, new adventures...I am elated. I see had I waited I would not have been on this sailing.