Tips & Tricks for First Time Cruiser Ever; Traveling on Dawn

Relax Cruiser

I hope you haven't been overwhelmed with requests - but I would love your doc too, Jenesaisquoi. My email is skahn@mbbp.com.

We aren't sailing until August, but I'm definitely a planner. One of the things I need to look into is what reservations can be made before leaving (someone mentioned dinners in the MDR, also shows, but that might just be on other ships).

Many thanks to all for the tips. We've never sailed NCL before, although have done many great trips on Princess and DCL.

I hate to ask, but would you mind sharing one more time?

We've been on the Dawn several times, but planning our first Bermuda trip.

In return - two tips for Dawn that may not have been posted:

1) the fish in the carpet "swim" towards the front of the ship (so you can figure out which way to head in the hallways) and

2) there is a different piece of artwork in the stairwells so you know if it is the front, center, or aft staircase. As I recall, the aft staircase is a sunset which makes sense. I think the front one is a flower (f as in front). Don't recall the middle one ...

Another tip - the Bimini bar several floors above the center pool serves lunch and on embarkation day is often empty as people haven't discovered it yet. You can see it from the pool area - climb up the various stairs to access it. Great people watching from there!

Email is: kbprimary@yahoo.com

thanks!

Yes, it is on its way to you now! Have a fabulous trip! :)

If you have a chance, and do not mind, I would really like to see your research. We leave for Bermuda on the Dawn in a little over two weeks and our schedule has been (and will continue to be) so crazy that I have been unable to do my usual (over) planning. Thanks so much! my email is

rondellmerritt@gmail.com

I just returned and here is my tip. Don't overpack. I took twice as much as I needed. We are a retired couple, so that may make the difference, but we did not need to take a new outfit for every dinner. I took 11 tops and only wore about five of them. Take a wrap...I had a hoodie that I used often. A good hat with a chin tie is a good idea too. It is a casual ship.:):)

Hi, firsttime_cruiser2015!

I'm fairly new to cruising myself. I just booked my sixth cruise! I went on the Dawn to Bermuda last August and loved it. I have a tendency to really research my cruises--both the ship and destination, so I compiled quite a bit of information for that cruise. I would be happy to share it with you. If you have an email address, I could send it to you. I have a Word document with Internet links, a map, etc. that I could email to you. Keep in mind, though, that some information may be dated since my cruise was last year. :)

As others have mentioned thank you so much for your offer to send out your research. I would love it if you could send it to me at terri_smith61@msn.com. We are leaving on June 12th and I can't wait.

I'm fairly new to cruising myself. I just booked my sixth cruise! I went on the Dawn to Bermuda last August and loved it. I have a tendency to really research my cruises--both the ship and destination, so I compiled quite a bit of information for that cruise. I would be happy to share it with you. If you have an email address, I could send it to you. I have a Word document with Internet links, a map, etc. that I could email to you. Keep in mind, though, that some information may be dated since my cruise was last year. :)

Hello jenesaisquoi!

We are leaving on Friday. Would love to see the information you have compiled. My email is jfj704 at gmail.com.

Thank you so very much :)!

Hello jenesaisquoi,

I would love to have a copy of your documents, Thanks for your time. My email is dispatchngal@aol.com

thanks

sailrobinhood

I sailed the Dawn last October with 3 of my friends. It was a first cruise for all of us, and like you, I was very big on doing my research. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), Hurricane Gonzalo decided to visit Bermuda at the same time we were supposed to. But, what I learned is that cruises DON'T CANCEL. They simply....send you somewhere else...somewhere safe. We were redirected to the Bahamas (oh darn!) and loved it so much, we're going there again in July on the Gem...intentionally, we hope.

Back to the Dawn, my biggest tip is if you are interested in any of the specialty dining restaurants, pre-book or make your reservation as soon as you possibly can. Many of the restaurants (especially Teppanyaki) were fully booked most nights. Don't be afraid to get involved in "cheesy cruise activities." It's all fun, and the biggest problem we had was deciding which of the three things (at the same time!) we wanted to do! If you do the activities (we were addicted to pub trivia), make sure you get the signatures on the activity card. We had no idea what they were for, but wound up redeeming them for free coffee mugs at the end of the trip. More signatures = better NCL swag for having fun.

I wish I had seen Bermuda, but the Bahamas were absolutely wonderful. You will love the Dawn...she's a perfect ship for a first time cruiser. :-) Have fun!!

I am planning a Aug 2016 Bermuda Cruise for, at last count 16pp. Most have never cruised or been to the island. I would love to have a copy of your research.

This is dream come true, we have booked both Garden Villa's. Many years of planning and saving.

Thank you for all your hard work!!

dwiseclark@comcast.net