Tips & Tricks for First Time Cruiser Ever; Traveling on Dawn

Relax Cruiser

Hi, firsttime_cruiser2015!

I'm fairly new to cruising myself. I just booked my sixth cruise! I went on the Dawn to Bermuda last August and loved it. I have a tendency to really research my cruises--both the ship and destination, so I compiled quite a bit of information for that cruise. I would be happy to share it with you. If you have an email address, I could send it to you. I have a Word document with Internet links, a map, etc. that I could email to you. Keep in mind, though, that some information may be dated since my cruise was last year. :)

You are probably tired of sending this out, but I'd love it if you could send me your Word document as well. Thanks so much!! ljrfrm@yahoo

Jenesaisquoi - I fear that you may get 100's of requests if you don't just post the tips for us all to see. Would you be willing? :D

Hi, gamblinrose,

I've hesitated to link the document because it is a compilation of tips and information that I found from Cruise Critic and other websites. Because I initially put this together for myself, I did not keep track of the original sources of information or cite them. Whenever I found something interesting or helpful, I copied and pasted it into the Word document. Since I am unable to credit the original sources of information, I wasn't sure if I should share it directly on Cruise Critic. I don't know what the policy is on CC about referencing others' postings without linking to the original post. I don't want to inadvertently violate a CC policy, and I don't want to offend those who gave the original advice about the Dawn and Bermuda.

In addition to this document, I created an Excel spreadsheet for my 7-night Dawn cruise to Bermuda modeled on one that I saw here on CC. I also have a map and some other documents for Bermuda that I collected. Those I feel fine sharing here, but I wonder if anyone knows if it would be okay to post the Word document, as well??

I've just emailed the info to you!

Hi,

We are first time cruisers heading to Bermuda from Boston.

We would appreciate copies of any documents that you are willing to share,

Thanks in advance for your willingness to help those who are making their maiden voyage!

pefay @ Comcast dot net

I've been to Bermuda 15 times but I would love to have your documents. Then I can research your research! I have special folders....[emoji8] Thank you in advance

leekel619 at yahoo dot com.

Is it true if you don't type it out that way it can be more easily collected by spammers.

I wrote a very detailed review of my Dawn cruise to Bermuda in July 2013. It's pretty long, and obviously some things have changed, but it will give you the basic lay of the land of the ship, and some ideas about a few possibilities of things to do in Bermuda. It's here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1902973&highlight=dawn+bermuda+july if you'd like to read it. Enjoy your cruise!

My dad and I were on this cruise also. We had a great time.

We didn't get the docs. rdubowik@hotmail.com

However, I do have a few things to share not sure if they are fact or fiction so take them with a grain of salt.

Bring a fishing pole to join the ships crew just off the docks. We have 4 in our group doing this.

You may be able to open the balconies between rooms go through your stewart and if that fails try guest services. Some are alway locked and can not be opened. Once the Dawn goes into dry dock next year all will be shut.

Go to the bridge viewing room

Use Blue Lagoon for sit down breakfast. Use main dining room for lunch on first day.

Best crepes are end of buffet line

Visit mens room aft end of pool deck on 11 just forward of mid ship elevators. Not sure why but it seemed to draw a lot of attention. Women may go also but risk visitiing the brig in addition.

Hot tub in the front quiet first few days.

Lounge chairs on bow are more available.

Drinks to try on board or on shore or both. Dark and Stormy, Painkiller, Rum Swizzle, Rebellious Fish

Uppermost deck look for freestyle deck - adults only - adults only

Put a bathing suit in your carry on and be the first in the pool.

A nightlight for your room.

If you have a sewerage smell in your room add some water to the drain in the bathroom and you should be all set.

There is a sea glass beach about 20 minutes from the ship. My brother said it was nothing special (actually an old dump and private property) but I am only looking for a few pieces for my "trip collections"

After the weather in January and February we are looking forward to this trip. We had six rooms with cracked walls due to the deep frost. House is 100 years old and never an issue before. Our summer home had someone run down the fence out front and took out the new plants put in last year.

Thank goodness for the UDP......option

Steve D

I've been to Bermuda 15 times but I would love to have your documents. Then I can research your research! I have special folders....[emoji8] Thank you in advance

leekel619 at yahoo dot com.

Is it true if you don't type it out that way it can be more easily collected by spammers.

Wow, 15 times! I need to be asking you for advice. Ah, folders. I have folders for different cruises and ports on my computer desktop; folders in my Internet browser for saved links divided and subdivided by cruise line, ship, and port; and the physical folders that I take with me on the cruise with my important cruise documents and research. I can't imagine, though, how much expertise you have on Bermuda having been there so many times.

I have emailed you my documents. I hope there is some new piece of information for you in my research. :)

However, I do have a few things to share not sure if they are fact or fiction so take them with a grain of salt.

Bring a fishing pole to join the ships crew just off the docks. We have 4 in our group doing this.

You may be able to open the balconies between rooms go through your stewart and if that fails try guest services. Some are alway locked and can not be opened. Once the Dawn goes into dry dock next year all will be shut.

Use Blue Lagoon for sit down breakfast. Use main dining room for lunch on first day.

Visit mens room aft end of pool deck on 11 just forward of mid ship elevators. Not sure why but it seemed to draw a lot of attention. Women may go also but risk visitiing the brig in addition.

Drinks to try on board or on shore or both. Dark and Stormy, Painkiller, Rum Swizzle, Rebellious Fish

If you have a sewerage smell in your room add some water to the drain in the bathroom and you should be all set.

There is a sea glass beach about 20 minutes from the ship. My brother said it was nothing special (actually an old dump and private property) but I am only looking for a few pieces for my "trip collections"

After the weather in January and February we are looking forward to this trip. We had six rooms with cracked walls due to the deep frost. House is 100 years old and never an issue before. Our summer home had someone run down the fence out front and took out the new plants put in last year.

Steve D

I copied and pasted your email address and resent the documents. I looked at the previous email that I sent you and it was the same address, so if you don't get this one, look for it in your junk email. Neither one has bounced back to me as undeliverable or as too large.

I'm fairly new to cruising myself. I just booked my sixth cruise! I went on the Dawn to Bermuda last August and loved it. I have a tendency to really research my cruises--both the ship and destination, so I compiled quite a bit of information for that cruise. I would be happy to share it with you. If you have an email address, I could send it to you. I have a Word document with Internet links, a map, etc. that I could email to you. Keep in mind, though, that some information may be dated since my cruise was last year. :)

Jenesaisquoi, could you email me your document, please? My cruise is a year away, but I would love to see what you complied. ncamend at hotmail dot com

Thanks,

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can handle one more request, I would love to get copies of your documents sabramo102@aol.com. First trip to Bermuda, leaving on the Dawn on June 26, 2015. Just off the Breakaway on Sunday - loved the ship and all the entertainment options!

Thanks!

Steve D

Wasn't aware that the Dawn has a bridge viewing room. I know that the Pearl does.

OUgal, amberjohn, CTSandy, gamblinrose, & payrollcbr,

I have emailed the documents to you all! I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruises and Bermuda! :)

Thank you , thank you! I appreciate you sharing this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to let you know that I got the info you emailed me - great package and obviously lots of research! I started looking it over last night, but I'll be spending some serious time with it this weekend. Thank you so much!!