Non

travelbug615

What non alcoholic drinks and food items are not complimentary on Princess?

Pretty much the only drinks that are included are regular tea, iced tea, black coffee, milk, lemonade and water. If you look at their beverage package listing - basically anything that's listed under soda or specialty coffee packages is not included.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

The exceptions would be orange/apple juices available at breakfast for free in the buffet. Sometimes (not always) hot chocolate packets would also be available at the buffet.

Food items that are not free: specialty restaurants (cover charge); gelato at the International Cafe (last I checked it was $1.50/scoop). On the ships that have Vines Bar, they serve tapas which don't technically have a separate charge but are only available with a drink purchase.

Edited by Illyria

On the Grand last month I asked about cranberry juice at breakfast in the HC and was always given a glass without charge--but you do have to ask a waitperson for it. I don't know if any other juice options can be asked for beside the orange and apple that are sitting out.

Pretty much the only drinks that are included are regular tea, iced tea, black coffee, milk, lemonade and water. If you look at their beverage package listing - basically anything that's listed under soda or specialty coffee packages is not included.

The exceptions would be orange/apple juices available at breakfast for free in the buffet. Sometimes (not always) hot chocolate packets would also be available at the buffet.

Food items that are not free: specialty restaurants (cover charge); gelato at the International Cafe (last I checked it was $1.50/scoop). On the ships that have Vines Bar, they serve tapas which don't technically have a separate charge but are only available with a drink purchase.

You can ask for tomato juice at breakfast.

Gelato is $1.50 or a coffee card punch for 3 scoops. I think it is a different price on the Regal/Royal.

On the Grand last month I asked about cranberry juice at breakfast in the HC and was always given a glass without charge--but you do have to ask a waitperson for it. I don't know if any other juice options can be asked for beside the orange and apple that are sitting out.

I've gotten tomato juice and grapefruit juice by asking.

What non alcoholic drinks and food items are not complimentary on Princess?

Drinks: There is a charge for all bar drinks, alcoholic or non alcoholic except glasses of tap water. In restaurants depending on the meal and where you are dining you can get hot tea, coffee, ice tea, milk, lemonade, various juices for breakfast.

Food: All food, including all menu items in the DR's, is free including the buffet, DR's, room service, International Cafe, Trident Grill, Pizza, soft ice cream. There is a charge for sundaes, malts, shakes, floats at the ice cream bar by the Lido Pool. Alfredo's on the Royal, Regal, Grand and Sapphire is also free. A few ships offer gelato at a minimum cost. On the Royal and Regal Princess there is a seafood bar where items are priced individually. The Crown Grill ($25pp), Sabatini's ($25pp), Crab Shack ($20pp), and Fondues* ($20pp) have modest cover charges as noted.

These comments do not refer to Asia based ships such as the Sun Princess.

*Believe this is only available on the Royal & Regal.

Thanks for all the information. I have not cruised for several years and wondered what had changed. Is room service still no charge?

Other than for pizza mentioned above, yes, room service is still no charge. I wonder how long that will last since the other lines are slowly starting to add charges for it.

I've gotten tomato juice and grapefruit juice by asking.
And prune juice. ;)

You're both right, I forgot about those, since I didn't usually bother asking waiters when having in the buffet. I *have* ordered prune juice at breakfast in MDR :D