Can you cancel a shore excursion?

I am getting ready to book some helicopter excursions for Alaska through the cruiseline.

Can you cancel them for a refund prior to embarking if we decide against them?

Yes

You have up until 24 hours before to cancel. If you cancel before sailing it will go back to payment card. If you cancel onboard you will get obc.

Just remember though, that helicopter excursions have limited availability and I think have to have a certain number of people. If you cancel too late it may end up cancelling for anyone else booked with you. If you are not sure, I would recommend waiting until you decide definitively if you want to do that excursion, so that others don't miss out on the opportunity. Tours that cater for larger quantities of people don't get badly affected by one or two cancellations. But these types of excursions it can throw out greatly.

Edited by Spurschick

I am getting ready to book some helicopter excursions for Alaska through the cruiseline.

You can but there is a timeline involved. Something like 3 days prior to the cruise. I'm sure somebody knows exactly.

Yes, I think they even advertise easy 24 hr cancellations. We have even gone to the shore excursion desk on the day of the excursion and cancelled without a problem.

I believe excursions have to be cancelled 4 days before the start of the cruise in order to get a refund to the credit card. After that, they can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the excursion, and the refund wll go as a credit on the onboard account.

I believe excursions have to be cancelled 4 days before the start of the cruise in order to get a refund to the credit card. After that, they can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the excursion, and the refund wll go as a credit on the onboard account.

Thanks for clarifying the cut off for card reimbursement as opposed to OBC. The only time I had to cancel was for my parents onboard. Even though I paid as I booked for all of us at the same time as our reservations were linked, they ended up with the OBC::rolleyes:

Always a good idea to check the cancellation policy in regards to each excursion individually.... true most are 24 hrs. prior to departure of that particular excursion time...however (we have seen) some have been 48 hrs. prior to excursion departure time...don't ever just assume it's 24 ;)