C&A Attaining next level on 1st leg B2B

I will be graduating from lowly gold to platinum on the first leg of a B2B-- 4/3 days. Two questions:

1. Have heard that it may take a week after attaining level for RCI to process, so has anyone had similar experience and was the new level noted for the second leg?

2. At this level, does it even matter? Are there really any on-board benefits? Is there a welcome back event on short cruises?

I will be graduating from lowly gold to platinum on the first leg of a B2B-- 4/3 days. Two questions:

1. Have heard that it may take a week after attaining level for RCI to process, so has anyone had similar experience and was the new level noted for the second leg?

2. At this level, does it even matter? Are there really any on-board benefits? Is there a welcome back event on short cruises?

Speak to the Loyalty Ambassador. They may grant you some Platinum perks for the 2nd cruise, such as robes, invite to the top tier party, Platinum coupons, etc.

I graduated to Diamond on the first half of a b2b. The Loyalty Ambassador added a sticker to my card. It may be more complicated now since benefits are programmed into the card.

This is what's happening to us. We're currently Emerald at 77 points, doing a B2B on FOS in September in a suite. We'll become Diamond after the second day of the first week. I don't expect to be given Diamond status the first week, but would like it for the second. I called C&A and they told me to be sure to talk with the LA on board.

We went from Diamond to Diamond Plus on a B2B. We brought a printout of our cruise history, and the loyalty ambassador was able to download our history. Good thing too. They didn't include our most recent cruise in the history, just cruises starting two months back.

I don't think the internet they use is anywhere near as slow as the what we purchase. Because it took her only a few minutes to download our history.

Edited by knittinggirl

We went from Diamond to Diamond Plus on a B2B. We brought a printout of our cruise history, and the loyalty ambassador was able to download our history. Good thing too. They didn't include our most recent cruise in the history, just cruises starting two months back.

I don't think the internet they use is anywhere near as slow as the what we purchase. Because it took her only a few minutes to download our history.

This is a good idea. I'll also bring a printout of our cruise history.

Hi, We too will be going from Gold to Platinum after day 2 on the first leg of our B2B. I contacted C&A and they advised that after that day to contact the Loyalty Ambassador who would ensure that we are recognised as Platinum on the 2nd leg.

I got an email from C&A stating it would not happen for my B2B but I'm going with the advice I received here! :)

I'm onboard for 25 days this Fall and the 1st 11 days will put me at Diamond so the 2nd cruise, 14 days Diamond would be nice!