naughty room issues with sunscreen

Just like the airlines, if something is prescription or a medical need, best put it in your carry-on. That way if they have any question, you can get it looked after right away and save yourself a trip to the naughty room.

The reason you have to go is they don't open your bag without you being there to see it. So if there is something suspicious in your bag, they will hold it. Once that is done, unless you require assistance, you have to take the bag back up yourself.

I think they do open the luggage if they want to. My friend had a paper inside his luggage telling him something like " we opened your luggage " and it wasn't at the airport. I think they will open it unless it has a lock

We were called into the naughty room on suntan lotion. We had to wait in line. We observed one kid with almost 100 liquor packages. He had them stowed in all kinds of things in his luggage. I had never seen alcohol package that way bit they are common in Puerto Rico. We also saw someone very embarrassed when their adult toy was found in their luggage.

We use NoAD suntan lotion and it comes in a much needed large bottle (s). I am fair skinned and require at least 1 bottle on my cruises. We've been on many cruises and have only been called down twice. This is the only lotion that has tolerated the Caribbean sun.

This process has one security benefit because they will also check more closely for weapons.

• 3 years later...

I just got off the Liberty of the Seas (August 2018). We got called down to pick up my luggage. I had thought I researched everything! Nope. 8 bottles of sunscreen made my luggage look suspicious. I am fair skinned. They asked me to open it to make sure I was not bringing in liquor. They were really nice and very careful to not accuse me of anything. I opened it up and no issues. Just had to lug it to my room from Deck 1 front to Deck 9 aft. lol only pack clothes and carry non liquids in checked bags.

We were called into the naughty room on suntan lotion. We had to wait in line. We observed one kid with almost 100 liquor packages. He had them stowed in all kinds of things in his luggage. I had never seen alcohol package that way bit they are common in Puerto Rico. We also saw someone very embarrassed when their adult toy was found in their luggage.

We use NoAD suntan lotion and it comes in a much needed large bottle (s). I am fair skinned and require at least 1 bottle on my cruises. We've been on many cruises and have only been called down twice. This is the only lotion that has tolerated the Caribbean sun.

This process has one security benefit because they will also check more closely for weapons.

OMG I can honestly say that's a first for me after 13 years on CC. I don't think I'd have been able to contain my laughter.

They might look. One time they didn't close a bottle and it leaked all over my bag. Made a nice mess. Cruise line replaced my bag though.

Lesson learned - toiletries into many different zip lock bags and all bottles that click open (sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, etc.) I tape the tops on and I bring a little role of duct tape to keep the tops closed at the end too. Sure beats a mess.

We go through sunscreen like water and so always have multiple bottles too.

An added layer of protection can be to unscrew the caps, cover with shrink wrap, then replace the caps. Adding in tape sounds good, as well.