World Class Bar & Gastrobar

Newbury newbie

The question is whether or not the $18 drinks (which are probably $15 before gratuity (18% of $15 is "about" $3) are included or not.

(Let me re-word that question. Will the $18 (or $15 before gratuity) drinks be $2 plus gratuity for people with the premium package or will they be outside of any package?)

Just as the Martini flights at the Martini Bar are not included in any package.

My guess is yes, as the $15 25 year martini at martini bar is a $2 upcharge as I experienced 2 weeks ago.

The flights are multiple drinks, therefore not part of a package, which allows only 1 drink at a time - it's the multiple drinks that rules them out of package inclusion, much like buckets of beer are excluded and not upcharged.

The question is whether or not the $18 drinks (which are probably $15 before gratuity (18% of $15 is "about" $3) are included or not.

(Let me re-word that question. Will the $18 (or $15 before gratuity) drinks be $2 plus gratuity for people with the premium package or will they be outside of any package?)

I was told that the Martini Flights were not included because the majority of the time they are "shared" One bev pkg holder therefore could supply drinks to their friends all evening.

oops Curt beat me to it:)

Edited by Christine Frances

One of the cocktails (Bulleit Infusion) is small amount of liquid in the glass on purpose. It uses a device called the Porthole that infuses the drink with different flavors (often fruit, herbs, spices etc.). The drink is generally poured one ounce at a time as the flavor changes over time. You end up with about six small pours. The first one ounce pour is very boozy and each subsequent pour the flavor becomes more infused - by the last one ounce pour it is a completely different tasting drink. Really fun device; I had it for the first time a few years ago at at bar called The Aviary in Chicago. While $18 sounds expensive for a cocktail, the Porthole device is very expensive itself and it is very labor intensive to make the drinks - beverages at The Aviary typically are in the low $20's that use the Porthole. It would be nice if they were using a whiskey a little higher end than Bulleit at this price point, but among whiskeys that can often be purchased for less than $30/fifth (750ml) Bulleit is among the best IMHO.

Each pour would generally be for the same person; while multiple people could share the drink and each do their own pour, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the Porthole - the drink is meant to be sipped gradually by the same person so the person notices the changes in flavor over time as it becomes more intensely infused. At Aviary the server pours the first small pour and leaves the Porthole at the table where the patron is seated and then the patron pours additional small pours as they finish the previous serving until the porthole is devoid of liquid.

Here is some more information on the Porthole - it was actually initially created for the Aviary: http://www.theportholeinfuser.com/

Except that these new drinks could also be shared by 6 people.

Oh well, we won' know ANYTHING for sure until people on board report actual experiences.

I have had a Martini Flight on a Premium Package before. Offered to pay the Upgrade and the Barman smiled and said"sorry Mr Chris - printer broken pay tomorrow" I presume he made the upgrade payment from the Tip I gave him towards the end of the Cruise.:rolleyes:

I posted the pics on a new thread... There not great but you get the idea! [emoji4]

Hi Tony. Can you point me in the direction of this new thread, I cant find it :confused:. I have been making use of my 'Home Classic Alcohol Package' so it may be affecting my searching (in)ability.

Dare I be so bold as to where the info came from? Was the Bar already on your last cruise or perhaps your MI5 / Emirates connections have come good:eek:

On EQ at the beginning of the month, and the waiter refused to make a smaller Cosmo or Lemon Drop. He said there was no such thing! Now we all know there is with the Martini Flight. He was adamant that if I wanted a Martini during our 10 night cruise, I needed to upgrade my package. This I did and made sure to have at least 2 martini's an evening. I won't upgrade on my 7 night Reflection cruise.

Just open the menu and point to them, they are listed at the bottom of like the 3rd page of the menu - at least they were on the Connie I just got off of where I discovered the 25 year martini at preemie price. And they aren't even as tiny s those in the flight.

Edited by cle-guy

So they have small martinis & standard martini's @ the martini bar... If you can show me the menu that states you can order a small martini or a large martini then I'll agree with you... But until then the correct info is you order a martini at the martini bar not a large option!! [emoji57]

Anyone that has had a standard martini at the martini bar will agree that they are of a larger portion compared to some ships/bars but the point is you order & pay for a standard off the menu martini in a standard size glass for the celebrity martini bar!! [emoji483][emoji41]

Gotta agree with you there Mtr T - all you say is factual! ;)

Hi Tony. Can you point me in the direction of this new thread, I cant find it :confused:. I have been making use of my 'Home Classic Alcohol Package' so it may be affecting my searching (in)ability.

Dare I be so bold as to where the info came from? Was the Bar already on your last cruise or perhaps your MI5 / Emirates connections have come good:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203250

Hope that works... If not its on the celebrity main tread called new world bar info... The pictures aren't great as I'm struggling to load them so you can read the descriptions etc and also can't post the menu I have as it's too big a file?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203250

Hope that works... If not its on the celebrity main tread called new world bar info... The pictures aren't great as I'm struggling to load them so you can read the descriptions etc and also can't post the menu I have as it's too big a file?

It shouldn't be too large a file, but maybe it's how they sent it to you. If you can email it, send it to me at megeneral at me dot com. I can try and reduce the file size or convert it, then post it for you (and the rest of us!) if you like.

About to hit the sack tho, so will post in the morning !

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It shouldn't be too large a file, but maybe it's how they sent it to you. If you can email it, send it to me at megeneral at me dot com. I can try and reduce the file size or convert it, then post it for you (and the rest of us!) if you like.

About to hit the sack tho, so will post in the morning !

Cheers!

Thanks for the offer but someone much better then me has already stepped up and posted them in great readable pictures.... [emoji5]️

Thanks for the offer but someone much better then me has already stepped up and posted them in great readable pictures.... [emoji5]️

So I see...no problems! Lol and here I was expecting more of the menu, but the pictures/recipes ARE the menu...doh!!

Well it's 0930am here, too early to order a World Class Cocktail? I'm sure I read one of them had pineapple juice in it?! [emoji57][emoji16]

Edited by QE2_Fan

So I see...no problems! Lol and here I was expecting more of the menu, but the pictures/recipes ARE the menu...doh!!

Well it's 0930am here, too early to order a World Class Cocktail? I'm sure I read one of them had pineapple juice in it?! [emoji57][emoji16]

Basically one of you're 5 a day!! [emoji16]

Celebrity just posted the below on my the new world bar info tread...

Hi there,

"It is my understanding that guests with the Premium Beverage package will only pay the difference, not the full amount"

I guess because I've never had one and not read up on it... So my response of I guess is because I GUESS!! [emoji57]

I've never claimed to be an expert on anything to do with celebrity I just try to post what I believe to be correct & not mislead anyone with false information...

I've also flown on virgin Atlantic x 10 times but I don't know how to fly the thing!! [emoji23]

flying on Virgin with an Emirates shirt on ? is that allowed [emoji12]

But then again with your great spin doctoring abilities, I can only assume that you're possibly a barrister, that's what lawyers are called across the pond, right?

I suspect that what you refer to as lawyers would be Solicitors over here. Barristers work in higher level courts where Solicitors are not allowed to represent clients. in such cases Solicitors 'Instruct' the Barrister - confusing or what?

Mind you if a Soilcitor was caught soliciting she / he would probably need a Barrister to defend her in court.

On a previous cruise overheard a conversation .

"So you said you work in the legal system in the UK. Whereabouts?

In the Courts.

So what do you do

Actually I am a Barrister

Oh so you make the Coffee for the judges and the Lawyers

Something like that "

If i saw the Barrister around the Ship he would always say to me " hi fancy a coffee" and laugh his head off.

Us Brits may well be nuts be we do enjoy ourselves [emoji41]

That could be why I've never got an upgrade...!! [emoji16]

If only they knew u are a Barrister ( or Barista)

Managed to get a really cheap upgrade on Virgin for January total cost £625 - emergency exit seats outbound , premium on way back - happy days.

Better not wear a Carlisle United shirt - might get refused boarding [emoji12]

Except that these new drinks could also be shared by 6 people.

Oh well, we won' know ANYTHING for sure until people on board report actual experiences.

The one drink in question contains 6 ounces of bulleit bourbon placed in the infuser and the bartender pours your first 1 ounce sample and then you pour the remaining 5 pours yourself over time and each 1 ounce pour will be different in taste because over the time between the consumption of pour 1 and pour 6 the liquor will become infused stronger and each time will taste slightly different. It's not like it's a martini flight with multiple glasses to be passed around, you get 1 glass and the infuser.

At least that is what I have inferred from what I read. But, as usual with these boards, two people read the same thing and each has their own interpretation. ;)

The menu does look very good, it's a shame that there are only 10 drinks to choose from. The Molecular Bar had 15 to start and then 23 since last April. If the menu does not expand by the time we sail on the Equinox in November, I will be looking forward to consuming 9 out of the 10 drinks, with the lone holdout being the Ciroc Tropically Yours since I'm not a fan of coconut. And yes, I will pay the $2.36 for the first 3 ultra premium drinks. :D

Wonder if you ask for a regular G&T they are going to roll eyes and start frothing at the mouth whilst in shock advising 'we don't make THOSE sort of drinks here' [emoji37][emoji43][emoji12]?!!

Any word on what beers will be available?

Probably zero since they did not have any at the Molecular Bar, they probably will not have any at the World Class Bar either. They could also, as QE2_Fan mentioned only make the 10 drinks that are on their specific menu. If you wish to consume a beer, you need to go visit Leo Dicaprio down in steerage. :rolleyes:

I guess, if I'm allowed to guess that is... that there won't be any beers available at the new bar... I assume it will be run the same as the molecular bar as a speciality bar with only the drinks on the menu available to order..

You can always get a beer or other standard drink around the corner at cafe al bacio [emoji41]

Edited by MR_T

Probably zero since they did not have any at the Molecular Bar, they probably will not have any at the World Class Bar either. They could also, as QE2_Fan mentioned only make the 10 drinks that are on their specific menu. If you wish to consume a beer, you need to go visit Leo Dicaprio down in steerage. :rolleyes:

havent you heard - all bars to serve only soft drinks wine spirits and cocktails and then only to suite & Aqua guests or elite+ members . crew bars to be converted to spit and sawdust bars for the rest serving budweiser or mead [emoji12]

The new GastroBar is where you may want to be headed for.... It is on Equinox and just been added to Eclipse (where Passport Bar was on Deck 3) which has a extensive list of beers.

Was just checking out the menu for that and I think I like the sound of the GB's $9 cocktails more than the World Bar (which I like the sound of too, most of them anyway!)

Hoping Solstice gets both new bars in her OCT 16 refit so I can try them ALL out.....[emoji484][emoji483][emoji484][emoji483]

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf