New World Bar Info

MR_T

Hope this helps as I'm eagerly awaiting a glance at the new menu

I believe the 10 drinks pictured is the full menu... That what I was send as the new bar menu!

Hi there,

It is my understanding that guests with the Premium Beverage package will only pay the difference, not the full amount.

As expected, thanks celebrity!

The mutis, what software are you using to post these photos please so that when we post next week they can look this good

I uploaded my photos to Flickr, then when looking at the photo click on the share this photoimage (it's an right swishy arrow in the bottom right). I selected BBCode and the size I wanted, then copied and pasted that code into this window.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

2 people on the May 7th cruise have promised to report back so we may have to wait until then................

Hi there,

It is my understanding that guests with the Premium Beverage package will only pay the difference, not the full amount.

Thanks for, once again, monitoring and clarifying.

I cant wait to try at least 4 different cocktails next week!

I have never visited the Molecular Bar at all on previous cruises, so I wont be able to make any comparisons between the two bars.

But I am really looking forward to my research on this very important subject.

I'm so hoping for a bigger choice next week, there is only 1 here I'd try

The mutis, what software are you using to post these photos please so that when we post next week they can look this good

Hi Tiggertasric

Another option of you have an iPad with you and only a few photos to upload, is to download the TAPATALK app and access Cruise Critic from there (it's like a hub for all your forum accounts!)

The biggest benefit I find is that you can directly upload photos from your iPad to a post....there is no need to host the photos first via a 3 rd party like Flickr etc. it's easy to also add narration and format the IMG headers it created in your post.

Just another option, whichever you use look forward to seeing some shots around the ship from your cruise! Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so hoping for a bigger choice next week, there is only 1 here I'd try

I believe that there will only be the 10 available that are in this post... They might add more in time like they did in the molecular bar but I guess their looking to start off slowly with plenty of room to grow in the future when the crew get used to the menu!

Not so much of an issue for me as I'm planning on trying them all... At least once! [emoji483][emoji12]

One of the cocktails (Bulleit Infusion) is small amount of liquid in the glass on purpose. It uses a device called the Porthole that infuses the drink with different flavors (often fruit, herbs, spices etc.). The drink is generally poured one ounce at a time as the flavor changes over time. You end up with about six small pours. The first one ounce pour is very boozy and each subsequent pour the flavor becomes more infused - by the last one ounce pour it is a completely different tasting drink. Really fun device; I had it for the first time a few years ago at at bar called The Aviary in Chicago. While $18 sounds expensive for a cocktail, the Porthole device is very expensive itself and it is very labor intensive to make the drinks - beverages at The Aviary typically are in the low $20's that use the Porthole. It would be nice if they were using a whiskey a little higher end than Bulleit at this price point, but among whiskeys that can often be purchased for less than $30/fifth (750ml) Bulleit is among the best IMHO.

While I wish you were correct on this, looking at the recipe for the cocktail posted I think the drink you will get will be:

2 oz of the infused Rye

1/2 oz Sauvignon Blanc

1/2 oz Simple Syrup

1/2 oz Carpano Antica

Dash bitters

for a 3.5 oz cocktail

I feel that they will spread out the infusion of the Porthole to several drinks. BTW, I'm thinking that I need to pick up a Porthole, thanks for posting the information on this :)

While I wish you were correct on this, looking at the recipe for the cocktail posted I think the drink you will get will be:

2 oz of the infused Rye

1/2 oz Sauvignon Blanc

1/2 oz Simple Syrup

1/2 oz Carpano Antica

Dash bitters

for a 3.5 oz cocktail

I feel that they will spread out the infusion of the Porthole to several drinks. BTW, I'm thinking that I need to pick up a Porthole, thanks for posting the information on this :)

So....

2 Oz of Rye

1/2 oz of awful S/B wine

1/2oz of sugar

1/2oz Carpo Antica

Dash of bitters .

How much $ ? but you get a porthole?

While we did receive the drink descriptions, I don't believe we have seen a proper menu with prices yet.

Maybe someone who is on the Eclipse can post one?

I think some of the people boarding tomorrow have promised to check out the World Class and the Gastrobar situations for us (with more pictures :D ).

Do we have prices yet?

While we did receive the drink descriptions, I don't believe we have seen a proper menu with prices yet.

You can infer from the prices on post 1 from MR_T that Mystic Ketel 1,Bulleit Infusion and Zacapa Above the Clouds are all 15.00, thus would require a 2.00 up charge plus 18% grat, or 2.36 to enjoy if you have the Premium package. The remaining 7 varieties are all 13.00 and thus covered by the Premium package.

His connections were able to provide us with the pictures and descriptions, one can only assume that the pricing is correct as well.

You can infer from the prices on post 1 from MR_T that Mystic Ketel 1,Bulleit Infusion and Zacapa Above the Clouds are all 15.00, thus would require a 2.00 up charge plus 18% grat, or 2.36 to enjoy if you have the Premium package. The remaining 7 varieties are all 13.00 and thus covered by the Premium package.

His connections were able to provide us with the pictures and descriptions, one can only assume that the pricing is correct as well.

I found this on another board.

New World Class Bar provides two offerings.

Crafty design cocktails

Premium Cocktails- $15.50 included in Premium Package (per pictures)

And a few 'ultimate beverages' referred to as 'Bar Rituals':

Zacapa Above The Clouds - $18 not included in any package

Bulleit Infusion- $18 not included in any package

Mystic Kettel One- $18 not included in any package

**it is unclear at this stage if the Rituals will be subsidised be the Premium Pkg (eg only pay the $3 over $15 limit) or totally excluded and will be charged in full regardless of package type."

I found this on another board.

New World Class Bar provides two offerings.

Crafty design cocktails

Premium Cocktails- $15.50 included in Premium Package (per pictures)

And a few 'ultimate beverages' referred to as 'Bar Rituals':

Zacapa Above The Clouds - $18 not included in any package

Bulleit Infusion- $18 not included in any package

Mystic Kettel One- $18 not included in any package

**it is unclear at this stage if the Rituals will be subsidised be the Premium Pkg (eg only pay the $3 over $15 limit) or totally excluded and will be charged in full regardless of package type."

Celebrity Cruises came on one of the threads and said that the Rituals would just be a $2 + gratuity upcharge for those with premium packages.

(Prices in the US are $13 + gratuity for the Craft cocktails and $15 + gratuity for the Rituals. The prices in your quote are for the UK and Australia which already include gratuity and the premium packages there include all drinks up to $15.50.)

Considering how most of my travel pics are of cocktails, I can't believe I missed this.

It sounds like they're phasing out the Molecular bar for a World Bar? The drinks do look amazing. Since my husband was never crazy about Molecular, it looks like these are options he would like. :)

Considering how most of my travel pics are of cocktails, I can't believe I missed this.

It sounds like they're phasing out the Molecular bar for a World Bar? The drinks do look amazing. Since my husband was never crazy about Molecular, it looks like these are options he would like. :)

The contract with the molecular bar owner isn't being renewed so the new world bar is replacing it... Starting off on the eclipse currently [emoji4]

Interesting... I've just spoke to someone from celebrity and they said the 3 x $18 drinks at the new world bar are not included in ANY package so even with the premium package you still have to pay the full $18 to try them...

Hi there,

From THIS thread, page #3, post #49. :confused:

Interesting... I've just spoke to someone from celebrity and they said the 3 x $18 drinks at the new world bar are not included in ANY package so even with the premium package you still have to pay the full $18 to try them...