New World Bar Info

MR_T

When you look back at original details in Post #1 from Mr T it reads these 3 drinks 'are not available in any package'.

Hopefully TiggerTastic can set us right by confirming with the bar directly. Great photos by the way TiggerTastic! The bar is definitely a lot brighter with the backlit wall!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you look back at original details in Post #1 from Mr T it reads these 3 drinks 'are not available in any package'.

Hopefully TiggerTastic can set us right by confirming with the bar directly. Great photos by the way TiggerTastic! The bar is definitely a lot brighter with the backlit wall!!

And there's nothing to say it won't change from cruise to cruise and/or ship to ship. :(

Yes, I'd love to know the same as illiniwahoo. I'm curious which bar we'll find on the Silhouette in July.

My advice would be to find a Roll Call of a cruise that leaves soon and post your question on there.

That way someone on the ship can ask the Molecular Bar people.

Also, Tiggertastic reported back that the $18 drinks WERE available on the premium package with a $3 upcharge.

(I just wonder, if the package covers drinks up to $15.50 , why wasn't the upcharge $2.50? I know .50 isn't very much but...... ??)

Also, Tiggertastic reported back that the $18 drinks WERE available on the premium package with a $3 upcharge.

(I just wonder, if the package covers drinks up to $15.50 , why wasn't the upcharge $2.50? I know .50 isn't very much but...... ??)

I thought the premium pkg cap was $15, not $15.50? But either works for me[emoji16].

Good news that TiggerTastic took one for the team and confirmed that all drinks are available on the premium package with only the difference owing on the few expensive 'ritual' drinks. [emoji6][emoji38]

That deems consistent with all other Celebrity drink offerings.

Yes, I'd love to know the same as illiniwahoo. I'm curious which bar we'll find on the Silhouette in July.

I believe you can infer that by July the World Class Bar will be on the Silhouette. It was probably a fiscal year type contract that X had with Junior Merino that would be expiring on 6/30 and Celebrity is now starting to transition each S class ship over the next few weeks from Molecular to World Class.

We are on the Eclipse now and love the World Class Bar.

We booked thinking we would spend our time in the Gastrobar for the beers, however the cocktails and bar staff in the World Class Bar are fantastic. There are a few of us regularly in the bar on an evening and it's great fun trying the different drinks. I had the oakwood infused rum which was well worth the additional $3 above the premium package allowance just for the entertainment in watching it being made.

Generally loads of people ask for water, gin and tonic etc which they do not serve. Some people do stay and try the drinks, all are advised that premium drinks package is required, or they have to pay.

We booked thinking we would spend our time in the Gastrobar for the beers, however the cocktails and bar staff in the World Class Bar are fantastic. There are a few of us regularly in the bar on an evening and it's great fun trying the different drinks. I had the oakwood infused rum which was well worth the additional $3 above the premium package allowance just for the entertainment in watching it being made.

Generally loads of people ask for water, gin and tonic etc which they do not serve. Some people do stay and try the drinks, all are advised that premium drinks package is required, or they have to pay.

Thanks for the update and happy to hear that you are enjoying it.

Molecular was our "hangout" and I'm hoping the World Class will be also.

Who are the current bartenders?

(I'm curious if any of the Molecular bartenders made the transition or if new people were brought on board for this new venue.)

The girl is called Ivana from Serbia, someone said they met her last year in the Gastrobar on another ship and Murcea (a Romanian guy) he is great fun, dry sense of humour. Both of them have made us feel very welcome. Apologies to him in advance as I think I've spelled his name incorrectly!

Thanks for your first hand report! Sounds like the new bar is still a place of fun and wonder with a but of spectacle thrown in for good measure!!

Cheers! (Pardon the pun!!) [emoji483][emoji483][emoji483]

Some pictures from the World Class Bar on the Eclipse last week:

2015-05-14%2018.06.10.jpg

2015-05-14%2018.27.16.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

I had the ones on the right of each picture and my OH had the ones on the left. We didn't deliberately order from the same page each time, it just worked out that way! My favourite was the Strawberry Fields, and his was the Old Fashioned - at least, it was the second time when it was made with Zacapa. The first time they didn't have any in so used Haig Club instead. They have a great gadget to make the ice for the Old Fashioneds - it uses heat and pressure to turn a block of ice into a perfect sphere.

Ivana, the bartender, is great, as Lee mentioned. Ps, Lee, I thought I saw you there - now I know I did!

Some pictures from the World Class Bar on the Eclipse last week:

2015-05-14%2018.06.10.jpg

2015-05-14%2018.27.16.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

I had the ones on the right of each picture and my OH had the ones on the left. We didn't deliberately order from the same page each time, it just worked out that way! My favourite was the Strawberry Fields, and his was the Old Fashioned - at least, it was the second time when it was made with Zacapa. The first time they didn't have any in so used Haig Club instead. They have a great gadget to make the ice for the Old Fashioneds - it uses heat and pressure to turn a block of ice into a perfect sphere.

Ivana, the bartender, is great, as Lee mentioned. Ps, Lee, I thought I saw you there - now I know I did!

Great shots! I had to look twice to realise there were real drinks in front of the menu [emoji16][emoji484]. I'm looking forward to trying them, in particular the Celebrity No10.

My wife likes the menu, but she is a little sad there are no more ,creamy, type drinks like the Tanned Russian and the Indulgence (we were both a but partial to that one [emoji5]️).

[quote=leehal;46549935)

. I had the oakwood infused rum which was well worth the additional $3 above the premium package allowance just for the entertainment in watching it being made.

So the package covers drinks up to $15.50. And this drink cost an extra $3,00

Making it a $18.50 drink.

It will be interesting to see how many drinks that once were covered by the premium package have had the price raised so that they now cost extra.

So the package covers drinks up to $15.50. And this drink cost an extra $3,00

Making it a $18.50 drink.

It will be interesting to see how many drinks that once were covered by the premium package have had the price raised so that they now cost extra.

It's 3. First post in the thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice but oh so many with syrups added :(

Anyone have them and ask for the syrups to be omitted?

We try to avoid sugar wherever possible. Why all the syrups Celebrity? Not good. Is there any at all which doesn't contain syrup?

I was really looking forward to the molecular bar - hope its still on Equinox for the TA.

Nice but oh so many with syrups added :(

Anyone have them and ask for the syrups to be omitted?

We try to avoid sugar wherever possible. Why all the syrups Celebrity? Not good. Is there any at all which doesn't contain syrup?

I was really looking forward to the molecular bar - hope its still on Equinox for the TA.

If you're trying to eliminate alcoholic drinks that do not contain sugar, you're ending up with a very limited selection. Many contain either some sort of syrup or fruit juice that adds sweetness to the drink. Otherwise, you just have your base liquor of choice either neat, or with water, club soda or diet soda added.