When do Select Captain's Club benefits kick in?

GottaKnowWhen

We've had one 14-night cruise with Celebrity. 70 points. Another 14-night coming up this winter. 70 points, total = 140. A 7+7 B2B in Alaska in 2016. 35 points + 35 points.

So, when I have finished the first leg of my B2B next summer, I will be at 175 points, over the 150 points required for Select. Will Celebrity acknowledge me as Select on the second leg of the B2B? I.e., will I be eligible for the discount on Internet packages, a bag of laundry, and the cocktail party? Or will I need to wait until after the B2B before my status is upgraded? If this doesn't happen automagically, is this something that Guest Relations onboard is set up to handle?

Thanks!

Stan

It takes a while for the points to post to your account, so no way will it automagically indicate you are Select for the second leg. You will have to talk to the Captain's Club host, no doubt about it. I suggest you do so during your first leg so they're aware of the situation from the get-go and you don't have to play catch-up.

This comes up more frequently than you might think. Best bet is to explain the situation to the CC host on the first leg of the B2B prior to going into effect on the second leg. You should not have a problem as I'm sure the CC host is well aware of what to do.

OP - Just so you don't set your expectations too high ... we find that the O Party is not all that. Lots (a real lot) of people, a couple of seconds greeting the officers. Some pre-made drinks.

The other advice re: see the CC host during the first week is right on target.

Ken

It happened us, the Captain's Club host knows what to do. Talk to him or her on the first leg of your cruise. Your Seapass card will still say select because they are printed in advance.

Once you talk to the Captain's Club host on your second leg, they will change you to Select in the system. You can then get your Seapass cards reprinted at Guest Services.

Once you talk to the Captain's Club host on your second leg, they will change you to Select in the system. You can then get your Seapass cards reprinted at Guest Services.

Thanks to all of you for the information! I had no idea there was such a beast as a Captain's Club host! I will look for said personage during our first week and expect to swing into a world of unbelievable perks during the second week! Well, at least a free drink and a few more % points off the cost of internet access.

Stan

We've had B2B cruises when on the second leg we made Elite and the Elite plus. Everything works as it should including our coupons and sea pass cards without asking anyone. If you have a problem the hose will help, but it certainly will be no harm to check, but I'd do it on the first cruise, just to say a friendly hello :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

May I ask another question? Our next cruise, an 11 nighter, 5 days into it we will have enough points for elite plus. Would they recognize that or would it be applied on our following cruise two years out?

There are no mid cruise moves just as you don't move loyalty levels on an airline mid flight or hotel program mid stay. Any new level earned only applies to the next cruise after the level is earned.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There are no mid cruise moves just as you don't move loyalty levels on an airline mid flight or hotel program mid stay. Any new level earned only applies to the next cruise after the level is earned.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Oh well explained. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk