MS Maasdam - Sail Away - May 1

The numbers reported seem high to me. I heard of only 2 ill crew. I heard of about 10 -12 cabins affected but there could have been more if there were more than 2 each per cabin . I know that there was one more at least on Thursday as we saw the sanitizing going on-- it was near us. They started working to eradicate at 4 cabins sick on day 8 but it was like herding cats. People didn't want to miss their ports probably. For sure the crew was wiping down constantly. I don't think our door handle was ever dry the second week. Someone was constantly mopping foors and walls and railings. Sorry this is choppy. I'm in the airport for the flight home

What is the problem causing the delay?

My beginning post mentioned the GI virus which is also known as the Noro Virus.

They had CDC sanitization. I don't know what time they are scheduled, I have heard 5, 6, 7...

In spite of the CDC sanitization, she will still leave while in Code Red. This has happened to us quite a few times.

I feel badly for everyone involved - the crew has to work super hard to sanitize everything in addition to getting the ship ready for a normal turn-around day. And, of course, the passengers are chomping at the bit, wanting to get their vacation started, and are having to wait to board.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)