Price Drop if Exact Stateroom Sold Out?

There are no more available Promenade rooms for 4 on our cruise.

But if there are general price drops, or if the room for 2 seems to have dropped, will RCL apply a prude drop in our case?

There are no more available Promenade rooms for 4 on our cruise.

But if there are general price drops, or if the room for 2 seems to have dropped, will RCL apply a prude drop in our case?

There has to be a price drop in the same exact category as your stateroom for you to get a price drop. This means there must be staterooms available in your same exact category.

Edited by clarea

There has to be a price drop in the same exact category as your stateroom for you to get a price drop. This means there must be staterooms available in your same exact category.

So I should be watching the Promenade rooms for 2 people? They are both same category but I can't see the cost of guest 3 and 4. Or am I basically out of luck for price drops ... Unless we wanted to upgrade?

Edited by LuCruise

So I should be watching the Promenade rooms for 2 people? They are both same category but I can't see the cost of guest 3 and 4. Or am I basically out of luck for price drops ... Unless we wanted to upgrade?

I think it's worth watching. If you find guests 1 and 2 went down, you can call and ask about your booking.

I think it's worth watching. If you find guests 1 and 2 went down, you can call and ask about your booking.

Great, thanks. We still paid less for G1 and G2 (plus small OBC), but will keep checking.

Do a mock booking for whatever you have. If it's lower, then you have a price drop.

If there is no cabin availability for your category, obviously you cant get a drop

I just got a price drop today ($75.00) for my Alaska cruise this September 4th and my (D1) catagory has been sold out for awhile along with most everything else...so it can happen ;)

I just got a price drop today ($75.00) for my Alaska cruise this September 4th and my (D1) catagory has been sold out for awhile along with most everything else...so it can happen ;)

That's great. But if the D1 rooms were sold out, how did you know there wad a price drop?

That's great. But if the D1 rooms were sold out, how did you know there wad a price drop?

I'm also interested in this. A price drop is the same category being sold for a lower price...if the category isn't being sold (because it is sold out) how can it possibly be available for less than what you paid??

Yes you can get a price drop even if category sold out. We have done it a few times. Once on RS and there is only one of those, but we noticed a downward trend on ship and they can tell you reprice cost without amending your booking. If it applies then they can adjust the pricing.

One or more staterooms must have become available. In other words, keep watching, because a category may not stay sold out.

I called to have the price adjusted on my B2B for May 2016 (southern caribbean) and I asked them to also check my booking's (Alaska) I had for Sept 4, 2015 (was really only asking as I new they were sold out a while ago and didn't expect anything)...surprised since no catagory D1 or the FOV were available online but I got $75.00 off my D1 and $38.00 off my FOV...So it never hurts to ask :D

One or more staterooms must have become available. In other words, keep watching, because a category may not stay sold out.

Sorry...no not in my case...I was constantly checking even while online with RCI this morning ;)

Sorry...no not in my case...I was constantly checking even while online with RCI this morning ;)

Staterooms can become available without showing up on the website.;)

Thank you all. I will watch the overall cruise prices, plus promenade room for 2 and will call RCL if these seem to drop. Guess I'll use guest 1 to compare with our base guest 1 cost.