Premium Restaurants on Equinox!

My Dw and myself have booked and are going on A 10 nighter to southern Carib on Nov 18,2016. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best premium restaurants. We are seafood and steak people. We are easy to please. But like a good steak and enjoy some nice seafood. Any help would be appreciated.

We are recently off Equinox. We used all three restaurants.

Tuscan grill, Italian style, great steaks.

Murano, French style, lobster flombeed at your table.

Silk Harvest, Asian fusion, food less spectacular but the small plates are very good.

You can see menus on celebrity site.

We found service in all three restaurants to be excellent.

Have a great time!

The filet in Tuscan Grill is some of the best I've ever had. I'd try all three, with first Tuscan, second Murano, and third Silk Harvest. We always eat at Tuscan at least twice on a two week cruise, sometimes three times.

We are recently off the Equinox and had the ultimate dining package. This meant we could choose to eat at any of the pay specialty restaurants. We ended up at Tuscan 5 times, Murano 4 and Silk 1x. Overall we liked Murano best, but there were fewer menu items that appealed to us. We enjoyed the lobster, chateaubriand, and steak diane. You just can't beat the table side food prep and service at Murano. Tuscan was more relaxed and staff were more social. Our favorites here were the filet, lobster pasta, and grilled shrimp/scallops. Silk Harvest was nice, but more like a typical asian restaurant. Our favorite dish was the small dish shrimp. We also had lunch at Bistro 5, but thought the food was good, but not great.

Sorry to hijack...

We are going to be on Equinox in October. We have eaten ate Murano in the past and found the food great but not a very relaxing atmosphere. Staff was constantly hovering around the table. Just curious if Tuscan Grille is similar or more like the MDR in terms of service? I love a good filet and Tuscan sounds like the best place to get one!!

My Dw and myself have booked and are going on A 10 nighter to southern Carib on Nov 18,2016. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best premium restaurants. We are seafood and steak people. We are easy to please. But like a good steak and enjoy some nice seafood. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe I am misintrepreting what you are saying, but when I read "we are seafood and steak people" I'm assuming you mean more "basic" steak and seafood dishes are your thing and that you are not "foodies" and don't really care for things that are a little fancier or more unusual. If I'm wrong, skip the rest of this reply. But if that is the case, then your best bet is probably Tuscan Grill for more traditional dishes including steaks. We really enjoy Murano, but over 4 X cruises in the past few years, felt the quality in Murano has gone down a bit, and the dishes are definitely a little "fancier" and probably less likely to appeal to the "steak and baked potato" or "fried shrimp" crowd. Yes, they serve lobster, but don't expect a plain steamed lobster tail with drawn butter; it's an au gratin dish prepared tableside. Very good, but not a "basic" lobster tail if that's what you prefer.

We have only been to Silk Harvest once, but look forward to going back while on Equinox this summer. It was a little confusing, as some things were served family style and some were served individually, but we thought it was good, and it included a variety of Asian dishes...Chinese, Thai etc.

Note regarding seafood: IMO, the quality of fish/seafood suffers more from being frozen than other meat, and virtually all seafood served on a ship will have been frozen (unless the ship picks up some fresh lobster as they may do on a New England itinerary). Perhaps that accounts for a previous poster describing fish that was "rubbery."

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit to not understanding the "draw" for the premium restaurants. Is the food that much better than what you get in the main dining room for free. I cannot say that we've ever has a bad meal in our previous cruises.

Please tell me what I am missing.

Thanks

I must admit to not understanding the "draw" for the premium restaurants. Is the food that much better than what you get in the main dining room for free. I cannot say that we've ever has a bad meal in our previous cruises.

Please tell me what I am missing.

Thanks

like you I have always enjoyed the MDR . We only book speciaility if there is a bit of a deal going.

our last boat trip on eclipse we found Murano to be outstanding , Michelin stat standard IMHO . I had the best Lobster Bisque ever and the Dover Sole , cooked and deboned at the table was sublime.

On the last night we (3) joined up with 4 new friends at QSine. its fun and best enjoyed in a largish group. Good was actually very good and very interesting presentation.