Cabin costs..

We are booked on the Dec 26 cruise in a Standard balcony stateroom, since we just returned (April 25/May 2 cruise) we thought we'd like to upgrade to a Junior Suite.....ummm....I think we'll be taking 3 additional cruises at the cost difference.

My Travel Agent quoted us the cost of a JS NOW is about $20,000...vs the $3600 we paid for the original cabin....I guess it's a VERY popular time.

How much is a JS ordinarily ?

We are booked on the Dec 26 cruise in a Standard balcony stateroom, since we just returned (April 25/May 2 cruise) we thought we'd like to upgrade to a Junior Suite.....ummm....I think we'll be taking 3 additional cruises at the cost difference.

My Travel Agent quoted us the cost of a JS NOW is about $20,000...vs the $3600 we paid for the original cabin....I guess it's a VERY popular time.

Which ship?

That is one eye popping number for a JS.:eek:

Yeah, I've been looking at the Junior Suite prices for the Allure New Years cruise for a while now and they are out of this world expensive. Something has to give and they eventually have to come down since there appear to still be plenty available and no one is booking them. I'm keeping track in case they come down enough to upgrade our hump balconies.

I believe its Oasis, since the dates and price match what the OP posted...

because it is a NYE sailing the price is inflated... if you do a mock booking for the cruise on the 3rd, a JS is just over 2k per person

Christmas used to be "cheap" cruise time but has become a more and more popular vacation through the years. It's even worse for those who fly because even if you wait to see if you can snag any last minute availability, airline tickets will only go up up up.

That HAS to be a typo... NO JS is worth that kind of money on ANY ship!!!

Not a typo. It's a Christmas sailing. Check out prices on cabins above the JS if you really want to see crazy.

RLS was just over $30,000pp for the week.

Edited by Ourusualbeach