Independence Of The Seas B2B with over 100 pictures

I learned that any 'open flames or burning that could create a flame' was not allowed... Other cruise lines apparently do not have that policy.

I doubt that there is any cruise line that would allow a passenger to have lit candles in their cabin. Fire is the most dangerous thing that can happen on a cruise ship. I know for sure that candles are not allowed on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Carnival, and Princess. I would be shocked if any cruise line allowed it.

I doubt that there is any cruise line that would allow a passenger to have lit candles in their cabin. Fire is the most dangerous thing that can happen on a cruise ship. I know for sure that candles are not allowed on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Carnival, and Princess. I would be shocked if any cruise line allowed it.

I just am surprised that any cruise line would have an 'open BBQ'. Flames can happen even in a BBQ setting, with an experiences cook handling the BBQ.

I wasn't surprised at Royal's position.

I just am surprised that any cruise line would have an 'open BBQ'. Flames can happen even in a BBQ setting, with an experiences cook handling the BBQ.

Celebrity (owned by Royal) also has an open flame pool BBQ, and one of their speciality restaurants is the Lawn Club Grill- which is a huge grill...they even allow passengers to cook their own!

I think it's much safer than candles in staterooms...yikes.

Celebrity (owned by Royal) also has an open flame pool BBQ, and one of their speciality restaurants is the Lawn Club Grill- which is a huge grill...they even allow passengers to cook their own!

I think it's much safer than candles in staterooms...yikes.

Let me be clear, I never asked for candles to be lit in staterooms. What I inquired about was " what arrangement would be made on the ship for people to light a Chanukah menorah." The answer could have been we will set up a place for the candles to be lit by passengers and then they will be extinguished by staff following the event. Chanukah candles actually burn out very quickly, but I surely understand the fear of a fire. I have lit Chanukah candles for many, many years.

I have never cruised on Celebrity, and find this both annoying and confusing...what is good on one line in their family should be good on another line under the umbrella of the corporate family.

However, it surely isn't a deal breaker for me, in any way. I like to get out of the sun for lunch.....and cooking my own food, surely would be of little interest on my vacation.

It looked like they had a fire suppression team standing by. They did not leave that responsibility to the chefs. There were also mats put down to protect the decking. The event on Enchantment is held in the open deck opposite the oasis bar, an area unique to her

Edited by John&LaLa

It looked like they had a fire suppression team standing by. They did not leave that responsibility to the chefs. There were also mats put down to protect the decking. The event on Enchantment is held in the open deck opposite the oasis bar, an area unique to her

I would expect that they had some other team nearby....cooking is enough to manage!

Many years ago the dining room waiters used to parade with flaming desserts on their heads. This was stopped for safety. Also they used to flame desserts at your table - heard that was stopped when a staff member caught the drapes on fire.

What the devil was he doing so close to the drapes....they should have been in the middle of the dining room....but, I wasn't there.

Many years ago the dining room waiters used to parade with flaming desserts on their heads. This was stopped for safety. Also they used to flame desserts at your table - heard that was stopped when a staff member caught the drapes on fire.

MSC still have a baked Alaska parade.

:DAMAZING trip report and pictures!! I love all the attention to details!! We will be sailing on LOS and this was very helpful. I hope LOS is as wonderful!!

Thanks for posting, definitely one of my favorites!!

I use Canon's "Digital Photo Professional" software that comes included with their digital SLR cameras. I shoot everything in RAW, and then do some sharpening, cropping, and color correction before resizing and converting to JPG for sharing here on CruiseCritic and on my web site.

Jim, sorry I am so late in getting back to you on this.

Thanks for the clarification!

Norris

For the life of me, I really can't figure out why anyone would want to stay in a cabin that overlooked the Royal Promenade. I'd sooner book an inside cabin without any windows at all. The worst part is the fact that they have some 10:30 PM parties in the Royal Promenade, complete with VERY loud music... and the speakers are located right underneath the cabin windows. If for some reason you wanted to go to bed early that night and you were in one of those cabins overlooking the Royal Promenade, you'd be totally screwed.

Our rooms overlooked the Promenade (Deck 7) on the May 24th - 31st sailing. Loved it! Not noisy at all! Viewed the 70's dance party from our room, could barely hear the music. I just liked watching the people and dancers on the bridge. We were surprised how quiet the Promenade rooms are.

Definitely will book Promenade rooms on future sailings.

Our rooms overlooked the Promenade (Deck 7) on the May 24th - 31st sailing. Loved it! Not noisy at all! Viewed the 70's dance party from our room, could barely hear the music. I just liked watching the people and dancers on the bridge. We were surprised how quiet the Promenade rooms are.

Definitely will book Promenade rooms on future sailings.

Glad to hear this - we have one of the Promenade Family Staterooms booked for our 6/28 sailing.

Our family stayed in the Family Promenade Room on the Freedom several years ago. We loved it. It had a bay window where my youngest son could sit and watch the activity below. We never had a problem with noise.

We were on the reflection this past November and in Muranos they cooked table side, flambé and all.

That's it!

That's the full story of my recent back-to-back cruises on Independence Of The Seas. I had a real nice time, and already have my reservations made for Anthem Of The Seas next year!

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions that you have.

If you're interested in reading any of my reviews of the other cruises I've been on, just follow the links in my signature, below.

Awesome review. Thank you