majesty of the seas dress code

Apologies for jumping on the thread but I read this with interest.... My husband is the same re clothing, he was only planning to take shorts (knee lenth, cargo type shorts) with a polo shirt. Would this be okay then for the 4 night Majesty cruise? Our confirmation states we are on the 'early dining' does this mean a 6.30pm sit down? Thanks

They ask for no shorts in the dining room in the evening, but its not enforced.

Men should at least wear long trousers and closed shoes for dinner in any restaurant that is not a Mc Donalds or similar. Especially if they have reached a certain age. This is a minimum dress code requirement in most countries and it should also be applied on a cruise line that claims to provide reasonable quality standards in the restaurants. I can not believe that a grown up man who can afford a four star cruise vacation can not bring at least one clean long sleeve trouser and a pair of shoes that are not sneakers or flip flops. To bring a suit is no longer required but should we move to the other extrem with short trousers, muscle shirt and flip flops during day and night? How does this look match with a cruise ship that claims to be elegant and luxury?

Men should at least wear long trousers and closed shoes for dinner in any restaurant that is not a Mc Donalds or similar. Especially if they have reached a certain age. This is a minimum dress code requirement in most countries and it should also be applied on a cruise line that claims to provide reasonable quality standards in the restaurants. I can not believe that a grown up man who can afford a four star cruise vacation can not bring at least one clean long sleeve trouser and a pair of shoes that are not sneakers or flip flops. To bring a suit is no longer required but should we move to the other extrem with short trousers, muscle shirt and flip flops during day and night? How does this look match with a cruise ship that claims to be elegant and luxury?

Gosh that's a bit strong isn't it? I'm talking about knee length smart/casual shorts, smart (loose) polo shirt and deck shoes, not hot pants, crop top and flip flops. [emoji15]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Edited by alibabaxx

Gosh that's a bit strong isn't it? I'm talking about knee length smart/casual shorts, smart (loose) polo shirt and deck shoes, not hot pants, crop top and flip flops. [emoji15]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Welcome to CC! Some feel the need to be moral police. ;). Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'm not referring to anyone specifically, just making a general observation based on experience.

That said, I have gotten some excellent advice and help over the years. I love this resource and try to ignore the bad eggs. :)

Welcome to CC! Some feel the need to be moral police. ;). Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'm not referring to anyone specifically, just making a general observation based on experience.

That said, I have gotten some excellent advice and help over the years. I love this resource and try to ignore the bad eggs. :)

Better cover our full body tattoos up and take all our piercings out as well ;)

Long pants and closed toe shoes for anything besides McDonalds? I am sorry, afraid not.

I find it way too warm to wear long pants, shirts, socks and shoes when I am south. Even if its air conditioned, its still uncomfortable. Easy for women to say as dressing up in skirt/dresses, shoes with no socks much easier to stay cool and comfortable.

One reason why I didn't cruise for years, was the stuffy dress codes and expectations. I have never attended a "formal" dinner on a cruise and yet and have no plans to ever do so. Not my thing at all when on vacation.

That being said, I am perfectly fine using other dining venues when on the cruise that don't require a certain dress code per se.