Park Cafe

I'm actually looking forward to giving Park Cafe another try, on our upcoming Grandeur cruise.

A few years back on Allure, we went to Park Cafe for lunch, the place was packed. We ordered our sandwiches at the counter, they told us to grab a seat and wait...we waited for half an hour, it was clear they completely forgotten about us. I attempted to get back to the counter and ask about our food, but there were 2 lines at that point and I simply couldn't get through without seriously elbowing people out of the way. So I said "screw it", and we left.

I'm actually looking forward to giving Park Cafe another try, on our upcoming Grandeur cruise.

A few years back on Allure, we went to Park Cafe for lunch, the place was packed. We ordered our sandwiches at the counter, they told us to grab a seat and wait...we waited for half an hour, it was clear they completely forgotten about us. I attempted to get back to the counter and ask about our food, but there were 2 lines at that point and I simply couldn't get through without seriously elbowing people out of the way. So I said "screw it", and we left.

Our experience at Park Cafe on Legend, Enchantment, and Rhapsody has been that they were nowhere near as crowded as on Allure.

It's all about timing, or if it's really busy take your salad/sandwich back to your balcony....

The best time to have lunch there is on a port day.....actually the best time on the ship is on port days...

It's all about timing, or if it's really busy take your salad/sandwich back to your balcony....

The best time to have lunch there is on a port day.....actually the best time on the ship is on port days...

Totally agree!

We've enjoyed Park Cafe now on multiple ships, and had very small wait times getting served there...and also join your practice to enjoy the meal on our balcony. :)

Went through the Liberty on the RCCL web site deck by deck but could not find a Park Cafe. Does anyone know if there is one on the Liberty?

Sorry to say that there probably never be one. Here is what I heard from a senior RCCL hotel director. The cost to retrofit a Solarium, that was original build without kitchen facilities, is prohibitive. If I recall correctly the price estimates neared a half million dollars. RCCL Revenue Department nixed spending that kind of money to give away free food. Bob probably has a better memory of the dollar amount but to suffice to say it was costly.

Edited by Don Pedro

Sorry to say that there probably never be one. Here is what I heard from a senior RCCL hotel director. The cost to retrofit a Solarium, that was original build without kitchen facilities, is prohibitive. If I recall correctly the price estimates neared a half million dollars. RCCL Revenue Department nixed spending that kind of money to give away free food. Bob probably has a better memory of the dollar amount but to suffice to say it was costly.

That's my recollection too Pete, but I cannot remember the specific number either.

yeah but they could EASILY retrofit the Promenade with a press or even add some of the other offerings. and bonus it has way more room and much nicer seating

yeah but they could EASILY retrofit the Promenade with a press or even add some of the other offerings. and bonus it has way more room and much nicer seating

I agree. I'd love the breakfast and lunch offerings of Park Cafe available in Cafe Promenade, combined with the 24 hour access of Cafe Promenade.